Top Posters In This Topic

• Marvin

• Mercurio

• UFO

• Da Vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

QueenofCopyPaste
On 1/23/2017 at 10:10 PM, ThirdWardBey said:

Adele is being overestimated. I thought this was obvious when the nominations came out, but she's definitely not winning SOTY & ROTY. Hello will probably take Song, but Formation will probably take Record. 

Beyoncé has Best Music Video, Best Music Film, and probably Best Urban on lock. Winning the latter significantly increases her chances of winning AOTY (which I think she will most likely win already). I also think she will win Best Rap/Sung. Best Pop will be a toss between Kelly, Adele, and Bey. Best Rock could be the wild card (i.e. Lorde). It's Bey's night. 

No, Adele will sweep.

• #FreeBritney Activist

I knew Bruno wouldn't miss the opportunity to perform. :duca:

Do we have any idea what Adele is going to perform?

• #FreeBritney Activist
3 hours ago, Jeiboy said:

No, Adele will sweep.

I hope they both sweep, to be honest.

But Beyoncé is also being a bit overestimated. 

Grammy Awards aren't about quality at all anymore, they're also about impact and success.

On 1/23/2017 at 9:10 PM, ThirdWardBey said:

Adele is being overestimated. I thought this was obvious when the nominations came out, but she's definitely not winning SOTY & ROTY. Hello will probably take Song, but Formation will probably take Record. 

Beyoncé has Best Music Video, Best Music Film, and probably Best Urban on lock. Winning the latter significantly increases her chances of winning AOTY (which I think she will most likely win already). I also think she will win Best Rap/Sung. Best Pop will be a toss between Kelly, Adele, and Bey. Best Rock could be the wild card (i.e. Lorde). It's Bey's night. 

I see a lot of people saying something like this and it makes little sense to me. I'm not saying Adele will sweep or anything but I don't know how you can say she won't win cuz of the nominations. She was nominated for everything she was eligible for except the music video. And the music video has nothing to do with the Grammy's opinion of Adele's music. It's not music it's a video.

Adele got nominated for every single thing she submitted for except Music Video. 

She is definitely a threat to Beyoncé and the Hive knows it.

On 1/23/2017 at 10:10 PM, ThirdWardBey said:

Adele hasn't lost a Grammy since 2010, how is she being "overestimated" exactly?

She has the pop categories on lock as well as Song and Record. Only award she's nominated for that is up for grabs is AOTY, where she's still in the strongest position to win.

Hello was nominated in the pop categories that carried her into Song and Record of the Year. That means she has strong support of the rank and file voters (Formation did not get that kind of support as it was omitted from smaller categories). Two of the producers on 25 also got nominated for Producer of the Year (Lemonade got zero), which is also a good sign that she's got the support from the rank and file voters.

10 minutes ago, Cap10Planet said:

Adele got nominated for every single thing she submitted for except Music Video. 

She is definitely a threat to Beyoncé and the Hive knows it.

And I still feel like she was omitted from Best Video because they wanted to set her up for another sweep. 

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, TSLGNMA said:

Please don't let this be an All I Ask duet...

It better be! Seethe!

We are so close to the show and yet we know so little. A VMA tea

Watch they pull a Rihanna on Beyoncé and give her the whole show to perform Lemonade :biblio: 

TheDevilsAdvocate

I feel like the 25 era as a whole was a non-event. Besides Hello what impact was there? As a GP, I feel like ADELE in herself carries the era. Like because it's her album the sales will be high, her first single will do well because it's HER. And I feel like the Grammys should be about impact of an ERA not the artist. If we're talking strictly about era Lemonde > 25 all the way, because if I were to ask someone an Adele song they will say Hello, Rolling in the Deep and other 21 song but if I were to say Beyoncé, they will definitely be able to say Formation, Sorry, or they will reference Lemondade as a whole. I feel like with voting, they should be blind to the artist sometimes.

Archived