Top Posters In This Topic

• shelven

• Mrs. Jay

• nooniebao

• popularmoonlight

remming
46 minutes ago, Mrs. Jay said:

This is doing so well. I'm happy for her

Asking a potentially DUMB question (why I’m doing so in the base)…. But considering that she said Cardi wanted to be on this song and had asked about it… do you think Mani paid Cardi the cost of a typical Cardi feature? I mean she mentioned needing to go back to budget to build the set but really going back to the budget should have been for the feature which cost a whole lot more than one set.

ive always wondered that when two artist are friends… how does that work behind the scenes when they collab. Like do we think Nicki and Ari were legit paying each other back and forth for features? :rip:

9 minutes ago, Khamis said:

Asking a potentially DUMB question (why I’m doing so in the base)…. But considering that she said Cardi wanted to be on this song and had asked about it… do you think Mani paid Cardi the cost of a typical Cardi feature? I mean she mentioned needing to go back to budget to build the set but really going back to the budget should have been for the feature which cost a whole lot more than one set.

ive always wondered that when two artist are friends… how does that work behind the scenes when they collab. Like do we think Nicki and Ari were legit paying each other back and forth for features? :rip:

Just addressing the second half, sometimes when you’re on the same label, the features are done for free since it’s good promotion for both artists + same label pushing the song. 

Paying for features is usually associated with rap artists too. I don’t know if you can pay most major pop singers for a feature or we would probably see Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga, etc. just showing up on random artists’ albums :deadbanana4: 

You can however pay most major rappers for a feature still to this day. A lot of major rappers do features cheap or free for upcoming artists if they want to hop on the track so bad. For ex: Nicki probably hopped on Whole Lotta Money for free since she genuinely likes the song and wanted to do something on the beat. BIA cannot afford a Nicki feature. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Flare
shelven

She liked this tweet, so she better actually be doing it :rip:If she goes her entire release week only posting 2 videos on TikTok...

2 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

She’s been online in the last hour so she’s seen people asking lol.

i’m surprised her team doesn’t have her IG/twitter connected for stuff like that. like girl, cmon now 

Y’all I can see this being a hit. Idk I was hesitant at first but this feels like one of those slow burns that takes off. They have to play there cards right, but will they?

3 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

@Starkboy @shelven

Almost 300K on Instagram, over 150K on Youtube, even around 150K on TikTok (even though she's going to waste all of those followers) :duca:Great response overall, she just needs to actually consistently post after this first week.

3.3 million views in 8 hours on that Instagram reel :jonny2: Legit could have easily been at 5M+ on TikTok by now if she had posted it at the same time there, but let me focus on the positives I guess :toofunny2:

HandsomeGumDrop

If Cardi B wasn't on Wild Side the song would have tanked real hard Normani record label already don't even have faith in her as is Cardi B saved this song she wanted Normani comeback to be spectacular that's why she wanted to be on this record which was a last minute decision and due to Cardi already superstardom it would give this song a huge push which is working.

Another reason Wild Side being slow is cause it's a R&B vibe song R&B still isn't necessarily a respected genre in the world like pop music is if this was a pop record it would have been automatically receive more like Motivation but Wild Side is rising these talk shows and awards need to start booking Normani to perform it live to boost it's sales and have it be top 5 or potentially #1 giving Normani her first #1 hit and Cardi B sixth #1 hit on the Hot 100.

This week has been such a ride!

If it's taught me anything it's that:

1) Stan voices go a long way

2) I legit think there is a plan in place

On the one hand, there were definitely things that needed ironing out that fan demand expedited (initial YT issue, clean version etc). But I really think the RCA/S10 slander was unnecessary (for now) because it feels like they are working this strategically. 

It felt clear (to me) that they were going to do the playlisting second week, especially with the social media interaction with Spotify. I truly believe it's a costing exercise. Why blow the budget on first week playlisting (which will probably have a negative effect on the other things we want/need) when they can probably pay less and work up from there.

At the moment, we know (for a fact) that Tommy TikTok thing is on the way, performances, more radio, etc. Hell, even Don Julio was a random surprise (and probably means there will be installed sponsorship from them in the next video) and other activations. 

I think in looking at her as a possible MPG, we want instantaneous results. But I think they need to play a long game and it feels like they are. 

In an ideal world, they'll have VMAs in place as the finish line for Wild Side (which would have steadily blazed over the summer). The performance video will presumably give a huge boost, do all the discounting etc. And then drop the second single and announce the album simultaneously. October / November makes sense to captilize on the Q4 promo before Xmas kicks in. 

1 hour ago, Love Drought said:

Is she doing Song Association? 

Most likely. Theres a video in which she was sitting on the same chair used in those videos

Also she seems to be singing

So we know for a fact

- ELLE Song association

- TikTok sponsored concert

Are yet to happen

Meanwhile the IG reel has over 3.8M views in just half a day, which is super impressive considering she has barely 6M followers

Why not posting it on tiktok??? Like you wont do these cringy and relatable videos? Ok, but post these promo vids at least