Normani

URBAN

11 hours ago, Kedzie53 said:

She looks amazing in yellow :smitten: 

Looks amazing against her skin tone :smitten:

17 hours ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

I think Parkwood/Columbia or DefJam might work as well. 

Given her management, I think Parkwood/Columbia would work really well. One might say the other girls signed like Ingrid etc seem to be holding back or are flopping but I feel Normani will maximise that deal in ways the others just can't.

Chloe x Halle are more alternative pop/r&b, Ingrid is cool but lowkey and Sophie Beem is...well....poppy. Normani can easily smash with the right support as she has much more appeal.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shelven

• Mrs. Jay

• nooniebao

• popularmoonlight

5 hours ago, All In My Head said:

Roc Nation is also a label though, and wondering if there's any label they're particularly close.

She was at Roc Nation party, I guess it a possibility. I think Republic and Atlantic are her best chance to make it.

2 hours ago, AlteKing said:

Given her management, I think Parkwood/Columbia would work really well. One might say the other girls signed like Ingrid etc seem to be holding back or are flopping but I feel Normani will maximise that deal in ways the others just can't.

Chloe x Halle are more alternative pop/r&b, Ingrid is cool but lowkey and Sophie Beem is...well....poppy. Normani can easily smash with the right support as she has much more appeal.

2 hours ago, AlteKing said:

The problem is they haven’t created any stars or even well known artists.

Just now, nuclear said:

The problem is they haven’t created any stars or even well known artists.

True but I still think they can help Normani. To me I think Chloe x Halle have been in artist development and have grown in age and artistry since being signed. We're yet to see what they can really do. They seem to get a lot of the RIGHT press spots, magazine features, fashion community hookups and they're playing COACHELLA. Normani to me seems to know what exactly she wants and isn't a teenager either. Give her all of that, good material, banners and a streaming push and boom.

The other signees I can't seem to get into and I feel a lot of people have that problem as well. That's down to their output as artists. Beyoncé's name can generate initial interest but the rest is on them. Miss Kordei has her 5H fanbase. The GP interest coming with that Bey approval will really help her.

popularmoonlight
33 minutes ago, nuclear said:

She was at Roc Nation party, I guess it a possibility. I think Republic and Atlantic are her best chance to make it.

I'm here for Roc Nation or Republic.

Don't want Mani in her friends label so they don't compete like it will happen in Epic. 

Is it just me or everytime time I'm writing "Mani" it comes off as "Money", my brain is a mess lmaoooo

trainsskyscrapers
4 hours ago, AlteKing said:

True but I still think they can help Normani. To me I think Chloe x Halle have been in artist development and have grown in age and artistry since being signed. We're yet to see what they can really do. They seem to get a lot of the RIGHT press spots, magazine features, fashion community hookups and they're playing COACHELLA. Normani to me seems to know what exactly she wants and isn't a teenager either. Give her all of that, good material, banners and a streaming push and boom.

The other signees I can't seem to get into and I feel a lot of people have that problem as well. That's down to their output as artists. Beyoncé's name can generate initial interest but the rest is on them. Miss Kordei has her 5H fanbase. The GP interest coming with that Bey approval will really help her.

In all honesty, she signed Ingrid because she's a talented friend who will predominantly write for other artists, and CxH and Sophie Beem are still in artist development. 

Normani would be perfect. (Is it bad I actually want it to stay a label for strong female artists?)  

Based on the people Normani has worked with already, I'm hoping for Hit-Boy (Flawless, XO), Bangladesh (Diva), and Raphael Saddiq (Cranes In The Sky) as late album additions. 

popularmoonlight
56 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

In all honesty, she signed Ingrid because she's a talented friend who will predominantly write for other artists, and CxH and Sophie Beem are still in artist development. 

Normani would be perfect. (Is it bad I actually want it to stay a label for strong female artists?)  

Based on the people Normani has worked with already, I'm hoping for Hit-Boy (Flawless, XO), Bangladesh (Diva), and Raphael Saddiq (Cranes In The Sky) as late album additions. 

I'd die if Mani worked with Hit-boy 

59 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

I feel the same way! Lord knows the industry needs more labels that truly support female artists.

If she ends up working with any of them I will die

• 3 weeks later...

She won.

Solo album on the way, already 30% done.

2nd solo single probably on the way too.

Supportive management and a deal with RCA.

I always knew she had drive but she's making more headway than I thought. Wow.

I don't think the deal with RCA is 100% confirmed but an actual album that's been in development for a while is all I need to know. 

Love lies is the perfect intro to her as a solo artist. 

On 2/14/2018 at 1:55 PM, Luner45 said:

I don't think the deal with RCA is 100% confirmed but an actual album that's been in development for a while is all I need to know. 

I am just praying its anything but Epic. :biblio: 

On 2/14/2018 at 1:55 PM, Luner45 said:

I kinda think she is going to RCA. The guy who signed Bryson Tiller, SZA, and Khalid was at her team party on Valentine’s Day. RCA has helped all of them so much... it would a good fit in my opinion. And it makes the possibility of a SZA collab even greater.

If not RCA, probably Interscope. With S10/Roc Nation management (obviously). I don’t see her going to Parkwood whatsoever. 

I also think she’s on Calvin’s album. With the PND song bombing, I hope we get to hear her song sooner rather than later 

Edited by Chemical X.
10 hours ago, LEMONADE said:

I am just praying its anything but Epic. :biblio: 

OK true lol 

9 hours ago, Chemical X. said:

I kinda think she is going to RCA. The guy who signed Bryson Tiller, SZA, and Khalid was at her team party on Valentine’s Day. RCA has helped all of them so much... it would a good fit in my opinion. And it makes the possibility of a SZA collab even greater.

If not RCA, probably Interscope. With S10/Roc Nation management (obviously). I don’t see her going to Parkwood whatsoever. 

I also think she’s on Calvin’s album. With the PND song bombing, I hope we get to hear her song sooner rather than later 

I'd personally would love interscope but you made great points about RCA. 

My main issue with RCA is that they have too many artists to handle and newbies are on the back burner, that plus the Tinashe treatment.

But you're reasoning with how they or the person who signed them, made Bryson,  Khalid, and sza pop off convinces me that Tinashe's problem is simply exclusively her problem. 

If we're going with RCA then I can see Normani taking advantage of the resources RCA provides for their urban/rnb acts in a way that Khalid and sza don't.

Also the way zayn got treated in his debut era and currently is being treated would be amazing for Normani cuz she'll actually take advantage of it and not be hindered by anxiety or relationships. She can gun for ariana level stardom, maybe beyond. 

21 hours ago, Luner45 said:

OK true lol 

I'd personally would love interscope but you made great points about RCA. 

My main issue with RCA is that they have too many artists to handle and newbies are on the back burner, that plus the Tinashe treatment.

But you're reasoning with how they or the person who signed them, made Bryson,  Khalid, and sza pop off convinces me that Tinashe's problem is simply exclusively her problem. 

If we're going with RCA then I can see Normani taking advantage of the resources RCA provides for their urban/rnb acts in a way that Khalid and sza don't.

Also the way zayn got treated in his debut era and currently is being treated would be amazing for Normani cuz she'll actually take advantage of it and not be hindered by anxiety or relationships. She can gun for ariana level stardom, maybe beyond. 

Yes, I agree that RCA has a better reputation than most pop stans give them credit for. Either way... in terms of music/management, she will be fine. Her team is smart, her stans are working, and she is uber-focused. She has the intelligence/instinct needed to succeed in the business, and I imagine a good ear for music. So ultimately I'm not worried about the label she signs to. She will make it work.

1 minute ago, URBAN said:

@KORDEI @Starkboy we been knew, but more confirmation. :celestial2:

fff I swear I wonder if this guy is really a radio guy sometimes. He never really knows anything tbh. He just goes off of fan tweets but like you said... we been knew. and praise is praise. now give us our spins!

6 minutes ago, KORDEI said:

fff I swear I wonder if this guy is really a radio guy sometimes. He never really knows anything tbh. He just goes off of fan tweets but like you said... we been knew. and praise is praise. now give us our spins!

YES!

GQ x NBA All Stars event last night

DWVSoE-WAAAaLMC.jpg

I love her styling team. If only they could stay around for 5H events (that wig she showed up in the other day sdfkj). It's just so nice to see her serving looks on solo red carpets. I hated this so much when she was attending those NYFW events

large.jpg

the makeup and the dress. did her no justice :ace: 

ATRL C stans are already pressed at her arrival and are trying to drag her in the threads. I didn't make this account to get banned so I'll just bookmark till it's time for them to eat crow.

tumblr_ny9noxVKod1tlay2so3_400.gif

+ Mike Adam is irrelevant, idk what he does outside of begging for attention from twitter stans

+ I wish Normani would at least put some gloss on if she's going to stick with a nude lip. But maybe she's trying to make that her #look