Eternals (2021) | First look

Angelina Jolie really won’t be in the movie that much. She is too expensive. The same probably is true for Salma, although POC actors typically get paid less.

They said Avengers Endgame has the most expensive scene of all time in any movie ever. And it’s not the big battle sequence. It’s Tony’s funeral with the pan of all the actors from the movies and Michelle Pfeiffer and Michael Douglas and Angela Bassett and Samuel L Jackson etc. 

So they will be using Angelina really sparingly. Her role will be supporting at best.

1 hour ago, nostalgia said:

why isn't Angelina Jolie - the second openly bisexual woman to lead a Marvel film after Tessa Thompson  - not included in the merch :biblio:

Proof.

16 hours ago, qurl said:

Michelle Yeoh says hi

We’re talking about the MCU. AoS isn’t canon.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blood Magic

• Strawberry Swing

• tiagol88

• MrLovett

Pans Labyrinth
3 minutes ago, Haburo said:

We’re talking about the MCU. AoS isn’t canon.

Michelle had a small part in gotg2

2 minutes ago, Pans Labyrinth said:

Michelle had a small part in gotg2

Sorry I forgot she was attached to Shang Chi.

champpp
6 hours ago, Haburo said:

Angelina Jolie really won’t be in the movie that much. She is too expensive. The same probably is true for Salma, although POC actors typically get paid less.

They said Avengers Endgame has the most expensive scene of all time in any movie ever. And it’s not the big battle sequence. It’s Tony’s funeral with the pan of all the actors from the movies and Michelle Pfeiffer and Michael Douglas and Angela Bassett and Samuel L Jackson etc. 

So they will be using Angelina really sparingly. Her role will be supporting at best.

This does make sense... And I think Richard and Gemma are the leads so they'll have the most screen time. 

Anyway, I was already SUPER exited for this movie but after hearing that KING Harry Styles might be in it my excitement went though the ROOF! Do we know the role he's playing? 

f884ace917a70b9ac5594b7b19d21d81.gif

tiagol88

What? Angelina Jolie won't be in an MCU movie too much because she's too expensive? Salma too? This makes no sense.

If they are too expensive for the biggets series of movies ever then...will they retire since no one will hire them anymore?

Lights and Waves

Yeah. This is the impression I get. It’s helpful to the marketing to have Angelina as a draw but she is definitely not playing a major role. Gemma, Kit, and Richard will be the main characters.

I can guarantee you Angeline will only have a few moments in the movie and at least one will be an epic moment like when Captain Marvel flew in on Endgame.

storminthedark
4 hours ago, champpp said:

Anyway, I was already SUPER exited for this movie but after hearing that KING Harry Styles might be in it my excitement went though the ROOF! Do we know the role he's playing? 

If he's in it most people think he'll be playing Starfox/Eros who is Thanos' brother in the comics and is able to control people's emotions :keir: 

Spoiler

I'm here for it 

Starfox_Thanos_Vol_2_7.png OTPgjS2.jpg

Bey'Knight

Angelina hadn’t done a major movie in years prior to this. I think her last big live action film was Maleficent in 2014.  She certainly wouldn’t be charging what she was in the late noughties. I don’t know if she’s lead, supporting or glorified cameo but If anyone can cough up the coins, it’s Disney. She’s probably the highest paid cast member followed by Richard. 

5 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

What? Angelina Jolie won't be in an MCU movie too much because she's too expensive? Salma too? This makes no sense.

If they are too expensive for the biggets series of movies ever then...will they retire since no one will hire them anymore?

You get that actors charge more for big budget movies? And likely have backend deals? She will be in it because she’s been announced. I’m just saying she’s not going to be in it that much. The way Michelle Pfeiffer wasn’t in much of Ant-Man and The Wasp (but Angelina Jolie is certainly more expensive today than Michelle Pfeiffer).

Edited by Haburo
chris1991
6 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

Right! if anyone can afford them is marvel. If other directors can afford them at their rates Im sure marvel definitely can. The prob spend close to a billion with endgame. Okay not 1 billion but ya know pretty close. 

We need a trailer!

tiagol88
5 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

Right! if anyone can afford them is marvel. If other directors can afford them at their rates Im sure marvel definitely can. The prob spend close to a billion with endgame. Okay not 1 billion but ya know pretty close. 

We need a trailer!

I mean... Angelina has done plenty of big budget movies before. 

I'm not sure if it's her style to have a huge commitment for a lot of MCU movies though.  But I can't see them having THE Angelina Jolie and not taking full advantage of that.

nostalgia

I have a feeling that Angelina's role will be like Tilda Swinton's role in Doctor Strange, she is integral but will only be in less than half of the movie and will die, which will puch the story forward, etc...

chris1991

Who exactly are the eternales? Based on a few videos I’ve seen on YouTube it seems like they’re pretty much like mutants....creatures with super powers who’ve been hiding for centuries on earth. :rip:

WildAmerican

Chloe Zhao is likely winning Best Director at the Oscars this year for Nomadland, can't wait to see what she does with Eternals, it's rumored to be excellent.

Pans Labyrinth
50 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

I mean... Angelina has done plenty of big budget movies before. 

I'm not sure if it's her style to have a huge commitment for a lot of MCU movies though.  But I can't see them having THE Angelina Jolie and not taking full advantage of that.

Marvel has wasted plenty of big name actors 

tiagol88
5 minutes ago, Pans Labyrinth said:

Marvel has wasted plenty of big name actors 

That is also true. But they aren't one of the first few names of those movies. They are mostly secondary actors and usually work as enemies or something like glen close. Angelina is literally one of the most talked about actors in here. 

champpp
On 3/9/2021 at 12:18 AM, storminthedark said:

If he's in it most people think he'll be playing Starfox/Eros who is Thanos' brother in the comics and is able to control people's emotions :keir: 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm here for it 

Starfox_Thanos_Vol_2_7.png OTPgjS2.jpg

OMG, a ROLE :jonny5:

BOOMBAYAH

This + there being a gay character in the main ensemble is kinda dooming the film's release in China. :biblio:

publikcitizen
13 minutes ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

This + there being a gay character in the main ensemble is kinda dooming the film's release in China. :biblio:

F**k China seriously 

Pans Labyrinth
15 minutes ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

Good. F*ck the CCP

tiagol88

What is it with Angelina Jolie movies ending up banned in China? The same happened with SALT :deadbanana4:

6 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

What is it with Angelina Jolie movies ending up banned in China? The same happened with SALT :deadbanana4:

They can't stand TALENT

Pans Labyrinth
6 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Banning a woman who advocates for human rights is very on brand for them

chris1991
1 hour ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

Mess, China is a mess.