Lauren Ridloff as Makkari

Salma Hayek as Ajak

Lia McHugh as Sprite

Don Lee as Gilgamesh

Barry Keoghan as Druig

Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos

Kit Harrington as Dane Whitman/Black Knight

Synopsis:

Following the events of Avengers: Endgame, an unexpected tragedy forces the Eternals, ancient aliens who have been living on Earth in secrets for thousands of years, out of the shadows to reunite against mankind's most ancient enemy, the Deviants.

Edited by Blood Magic
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blood Magic

• Strawberry Swing

• tiagol88

• MrLovett

• 1 month later...
Blood Magic
1 hour ago, jgorny said:

Oh this sounds interesting. So it would be a "prequel" to the MCU?

We don't know enough to make that conclusion yet but I feel like it could very well be.

• 2 months later...
Strawberry Swing

Interesting choise

Chloe is a very talented director. The Rider is one of my favorite films in years. Hope this film can be good

• 1 month later...

Rumored to come out on November 2020. Story details:

The story of ‘THE ETERNALS’ is set millions of years ago when the cosmic beings known as the Celestials genetically experimented on humans, creating the super-powered individuals as well as more villainous off-shoots known as Deviants. The two groups went on to battle each other throughout history to see which would eventually become the ultimate race. The story involves the love story between Ikaris, a man fueled by cosmic energy, and Sersi, who relishes moving amongst humans.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/10/26/exclusive-marvel-studios-2020-slate-is-set/

oh wow it sounds so good. I like that it's set in the past so it doesn't clutter the current MCU line up

And more world building :duca: 

• 3 months later...

Marvel’s ‘Eternals’ Movie Might Be an Epic Spanning “Tens of Thousands of Years,” Says Kevin Feige

"Eternals are one group, but we like the idea of introducing an ensemble, doing an ensemble movie from the start, as opposed to building up as we did with the first Avengers. More like Guardians, not tonally, but in terms of introducing a new group of people. You were asking about ’60s, and ’70s before. Jack Kirby did an immense, amazing epic with Eternals that spans tens of thousands of years, and that’s also something we haven’t really done, which is why that among many other things post-Endgame, we find appealing.”

I don't think it should be set on Earth. Asgard would be better.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c7437cb6e32455677

The idea that Captain Marvel helped prevent an alien invasion of Earth in the 90s with nobody noticing and no significant repercussions to the public is already a bit of a stretch. The idea that the Eternals were on Earth and left no legacy (not even MCU mutants) could kind of nullify its size. If they remove the humans from Earth and have a Secret Wars-style planet to pit them against each other, that could work. It could also account for the Xandarians, Kree, Asgardians, Skrulls and eventually Shi'Ar and Atlanteans. I guess we'll see!

bluevelvetcrowbar

Wonder who it'll be :eek: some people r speculating Hercules; if so, then WOO :jonny4:we about to have a beefcake gay as a lead :jonny4:

Let's cast him. IMO Bomer is a safe bet because he's cartoonishly handsome and probably the biggest superhero-castable out-as-gay name. Tovey comes to mind but I don't know if he has the godlike "epic" look.

BoyLikeYouSuxx

:jonny5: First Deadpool 2 now MCU has seen the light, every gay better be out supporting this film!

bluevelvetcrowbar
9 minutes ago, Haburo said:

Let's cast him. IMO Bomer is a safe bet because he's cartoonishly handsome and probably the biggest superhero-castable out-as-gay name. Tovey comes to mind but I don't know if he has the godlike "epic" look.

He (Bomer) is in DCs Doom Patrol (ironically enough playing a gay superhero who doesn't technically show his face) so Idk if that'd work out bc u know dddd :dies: if they're going for a famous/well known gay actor, maybe Zachary Quinto? It depends on who the character is tho. Tovey could work too I guess 

Edited by bluevelvetcrowbar
9 minutes ago, BoyLikeYouSuxx said:

:jonny5: First Deadpool 2 now MCU has seen the light, every gay better be out supporting this film!

Never watched DP2 who was gay in it?

3 minutes ago, bluevelvetcrowbar said:

He (Bomer) is in DCs Doom Patrol (ironically enough playing a gay superhero) so Idk if that'd work out bc u know dddd :dies: if they're going for a famous/well know gay actor, maybe Zachary Quinto? It depends on who the character is tho. Tovey could work too I guess 

I don't want Zachary Quinto:sosad: I thought these people were supposed to be the inspiration for Gods. My dream would be that Trevante Rhodes comes out and gets cast:-*

5 minutes ago, Haburo said:

I don't want Zachary Quinto:sosad: I thought these people were supposed to be the inspiration for Gods. My dream would be that Trevante Rhodes comes out and gets cast:-*

Bitch I’m wet 

bluevelvetcrowbar
1 minute ago, Haburo said:

If only Marvel announced this earlier, we could've had him djdndndj. But at the end of the day, I just want the character to be played by a gay and have on screen romantic affection towards another guy and not pull a JK Rowling.

What they do with this character will probs set the tone for future gays (fingers crossed for the Young Avengers) in the MCU, so hopefully no more Valkyrie type messes.

BoyLikeYouSuxx
10 minutes ago, blackout77 said:

Never watched DP2 who was gay in it?

Negasonic Wahead is a lesbian and she dates another mutant named Yukio, it's cute and they both have visually captivating powers [/spoilers]