Xtina Spotify Debut

Chainsmoker

14 minutes ago, itsnickcray said:

I was talking more in general. The steaming + iTunes numbers. I was hoping the streaming numbers would be better but it didn't. Older pop girls with big fanbases are managing to peak at #1 or at least top 10. (doesn't mean it's a hit tho, they normally free fall after one or two days) For example; Mariah Carey. ''I Don't'' wasn't a hit at all but it peaked at #5 I think. Britney's ''Make Me'' #1. They weren't hits at all but they managed to keep their fanbases. 

But Accelerate went to #12. It’s arbitrary to say Xtina lost her fanbase because the song didn’t go Top 10. So if the song peaked at #10 2 spots higher, that means she kept her fanbase? :rip: 

You know it’s a polarizing song with some controversy because of Kanye’s association so it’s not surprising it would peak slightly lower. But a #12 peak is no means horrific or an indication of a lost fanbase. 

Like you said they’re all going to free fall anyway. So free falling from #10 or #12 doesn’t make much of a difference lol. 

Two years ago, Xtina released another non single called Change that went to #12, so if anything that shows the fanbase is still there. 

Remember, Mariah has had lot of songs that  have missed the Top 10 that were nowhere close like Infinity, Triumphant, and The Art of Letting Go.

So if she can go Top 10 later with I Don’t, I don’t see how that means Xtina can’t go Top 10 with another song. 

Also, Make Me was a full single with a radio deal and radio promotion so you can’t compare that at all since Accelerate isn’t even a radio single 

39 minutes ago, Nachocheesechalup said:

I don’t really know how this compares to other artists debuts but I think her team has done everything right.

My friend does not go out of his way to listen to new music, he had not heard look what you’d made me do or sorry not sorry until like a week after they released. I had accelerate playing in the background a day after it was released and after the ten seconds he recognized it and said “ooh I love tha that song turn it up!” 

That means  her team made sure someone who doesn’t seek new music heard the song enough times for it to be recognizable after just one day. First thing you see on Spotify is their Christina playlist.

You have to keep in mind she has not had a successful era in literallty ten years. Her last hits didn’t have her stamp on them, she’s going in this as a new artist pretty much and is only counting on her legend status from over ten years ago.

2 hours ago, Yog said:

Not actually bad numbers and for someone who had no promo too :clap3:

And be honest.. accelerate is a bop :beatfreak:

3 hours ago, Aelita said:

I think with the whole kanye west thing, it was a bad moment for her to release her single.. 

3 hours ago, Starkboy said:

considering she's #17 on NMF....that's not too bad. 

3 hours ago, materialboy said:

That's great numbers.Did you expect her to have 5M plays after the huge hiatus she took ?

4 hours ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

How did you get these numbers? Spotify hasn’t updated on my phone or on the website. do you have Ariana’s #s?

anyway, This isn’t that bad for no Spotify payola but I was hoping for at least top 100 

4 hours ago, grandewhispers said:

Don't think this is that bad, considering how long she took to come back :soda:

4 hours ago, SelenaGomez<3 said:

Not bad without Spotify payola

Idk what her team is doing

All of this. There needs to be realistic expectations given her circumstances and I’m glad some of you guys get it :clap3:

41 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

But Accelerate went to #12. It’s arbitrary to say Xtina lost her fanbase because the song didn’t go Top 10. So if the song peaked at #10 2 spots higher, that means she kept her fanbase? :rip: 

You know it’s a polarizing song with some controversy because of Kanye’s association so it’s not surprising it would peak slightly lower. But a #12 peak is no means horrific or an indication of a lost fanbase. 

Like you said they’re all going to free fall anyway. So free falling from #10 or #12 doesn’t make much of a difference lol. 

Two years ago, Xtina released another non single called Change that went to #12, so if anything that shows the fanbase is still there. 

Remember, Mariah has had lot of songs that  have missed the Top 10 that were nowhere close like Infinity, Triumphant, and The Art of Letting Go.

So if she can go Top 10 later with I Don’t, I don’t see how that means Xtina can’t go Top 10 with another song. 

Also, Make Me was a full single with a radio deal and radio promotion so you can’t compare that at all since Accelerate isn’t even a radio single 

Make Me went to #1 in less than an hour, so I don't think the radio play later on changes the fact that it can still be compared to Accelerate. 

This is not too bad!! without any playlists 

Amazing sales! :eek: 

Update!

Accelerate - Spotify 5 May

Worldwide - OUT (120)
UK - OUT (112)
US - OUT (147)
Canada - OUT (169)
France - OUT (189)

12 hours ago, SelenaGomez<3 said:

Idk what her team is doing

don't exist

Well at least she did better than Meghan & Iggy last singles

good to see that she debuted in the top 200

i hope she keeps increasing

I'm already greatful that we finally get new music. Success is just a cherry on top (if that ever happens for Xtina which is most unlikely).

The acrobatics to make this not seem like the bomb it is :rip: 

On 5/6/2018 at 9:53 PM, Anticipating said:

Update!

Accelerate - Spotify 5 May

Worldwide - OUT (120)
UK - OUT (112)
US - OUT (147)
Canada - OUT (169)
France - OUT (189)

omg! :clap3:

Considering she had no payola 800k isn’t that bad given the hiatus 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.