Xtina Spotify Debut

Chainsmoker

US-276,346 (#147)

WW-873,350 (#120)

All organic plays, 0 Spotify payola. :clap3: Hold on to your wigs ladies, Accelerate is coming to smash.

Ehm yes... she lost her fanbase. The song is so good tho but the long wait def hurt her career.

Well she's clearly not a streaming artist era and she comes from 2 flops so I think the numbers are ok for her. She also doesn't have much Spotify playlists and this song was never meant to be the lead.

I'm still bopping because it gets better with every listen :jamming: I'm curious to see how Fall In Line would do since that was the song that was meant to be pushed all along.

1 minute ago, itsnickcray said:

Ehm yes... she lost her fanbase. The song is so good tho but the long wait def hurt her career.

The long breaks it's basically what killed her career but oh well. We just have to enjoy the new music and if it does well in a certain metric it would be a plus

1 minute ago, Cloudy said:

The long breaks it's basically what killed her career but oh well. We just have to enjoy the new music and if it does well in a certain metric it would be a plus

True, I’m trying not the focus on the numbers this time. The music is good and i’m excited for the album and tour. Def gonna attend and buy the record

Edited by itsnickcray

4 minutes ago, itsnickcray said:

At least someone has taste :clap3:

I find it annoying how so many people are making our like it's so bad.

Not bad without Spotify payola

Idk what her team is doing

Don't think this is that bad, considering how long she took to come back :soda:

How did you get these numbers? Spotify hasn’t updated on my phone or on the website. do you have Ariana’s #s?

anyway, This isn’t that bad for no Spotify payola but I was hoping for at least top 100 

5 of them by me :celestial4:

That's great numbers.Did you expect her to have 5M plays after the huge hiatus she took ?

considering she's #17 on NMF....that's not too bad. 

I think with the whole kanye west thing, it was a bad moment for her to release her single.. 

Spotify has her at 1.2 Million Plays thus far!

Not actually bad numbers and for someone who had no promo too :clap3:

And be honest.. accelerate is a bop :beatfreak:

Edited by Yog

these numbers are literally horrid, don't fool yourselves :rip: 

3 hours ago, itsnickcray said:

How do you get that she lost her fanbase from those numbers? She’s an older artist and is going to have older fans. Streaming is very orientated towards the youth and towards urban artists.

None of the pop girls who are around her age do well in streaming (except for Beyonce, who has the urban market) so it was expected that she wouldn’t be different

Xtina has a soulful voice and makes a lot of R&B/Soul but she’s never really courted the urban market either

22 minutes ago, paulyyyozd said:

these numbers are literally horrid, don't fool yourselves :rip: 

Actually, anyone who expected her to slay streaming is fooling themselves :rip: The younger pop artists don’t even do well in streaming. Of course the older ones are going to do even worse :rip: And none of them have been able to break that pattern 

I don’t really know how this compares to other artists debuts but I think her team has done everything right.

My friend does not go out of his way to listen to new music, he had not heard look what you’d made me do or sorry not sorry until like a week after they released. I had accelerate playing in the background a day after it was released and after the ten seconds he recognized it and said “ooh I love tha that song turn it up!” 

That means  her team made sure someone who doesn’t seek new music heard the song enough times for it to be recognizable after just one day. First thing you see on Spotify is their Christina playlist.

You have to keep in mind she has not had a successful era in literallty ten years. Her last hits didn’t have her stamp on them, she’s going in this as a new artist pretty much and is only counting on her legend status from over ten years ago.

7 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

How do you get that she lost her fanbase from those numbers? She’s an older artist and is going to have older fans. Streaming is very orientated towards the youth and towards urban artists.

None of the pop girls who are around her age do well in streaming (except for Beyonce, who has the urban market) so it was expected that she wouldn’t be different

Xtina has a soulful voice and makes a lot of R&B/Soul but she’s never really courted the urban market either

I was talking more in general. The steaming + iTunes numbers. I was hoping the streaming numbers would be better but it didn't. Older pop girls with big fanbases are managing to peak at #1 or at least top 10. (doesn't mean it's a hit tho, they normally free fall after one or two days) For example; Mariah Carey. ''I Don't'' wasn't a hit at all but it peaked at #5 I think. Britney's ''Make Me'' #1. They weren't hits at all but they managed to keep their fanbases. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.