Ariana Grande - 'Sweetener'

iHype.

• Replies 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jude said:

Is this even going to hit 2B streams on Spotify. :doc:

It hit 1.4 billion streams a few days ago and it has three songs still getting over 1 million streams a day. It’ll definitely hit it. It’ll just take a long time ddd.

Just now, Thuggin said:

It hit 1.4 billion streams a few days ago and it has three songs still getting over 1 million streams a day. It’ll definitely hit it. It’ll just take a long time ddd.

Nnnnnn well it's their fault for removing the Sweetener singles off the TTH so quickly. 

I still find this thing so boring¬†ūüė쬆thought it would grow on me bc I STANNED her during the DW era but the only songs I don't get bored a minute in are the singles and sometimes¬†Everytime. But in general, this album is just so poor, production wise

• 2 weeks later...

To me this is her best album. I think, in about 20 years time, people will look back on her discography and career and always remember this as the turning point. She went from being an ex act to a household name this era.

And can I just say that if Get Well Soon hasn’t clicked with some of you yet, please give it a little more time. It’s one of her best songs.  

8 minutes ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

To me this is her best album. I think, in about 20 years time, people will look back on her discography and career and always remember this as the turning point. She went from being an ex act to a household name this era.

And can I just say that if Get Well Soon hasn’t clicked with some of you yet, please give it a little more time. It’s one of her best songs.  

This scalding tea! :clap3:

5 hours ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

This 

To me this is her worst album. Except Max and Tommy's songs, the all album sounds bland and demo-ish...

There are interesting elements but the songs always have so many imperfections i can't fully like them: TLIC has a super boring chorus that gets old very quickly,  REM is cute the first minute but never goes off, Sweetener could have been a wonderful song BUT that the "hit it hit it" part is cringey and forced, Successful's production is... Not neat enough. Borderline is... Noise :cupid: Even Missy doesn't sound enthousiastic on it!!! 

I agree, GWS is good BUT unnecessary long...

The main problem to me is the lack of Ari's essence. I mean that candy-like voice with simple but meaningful lyrics (basically what she gave us with TU,N :jonny5:) i'm not here for Beyoncé's leftovers or Fergie impressions....

Anyway i'm most likely Pharrell-intolerant. I never stannned what he did with pop girls post-Hollaback Girl. I'm so happy the light came to Ari and decided to not include him on AG5 :jonny5:

On 12/4/2018 at 3:54 AM, Bencharmer said:

To me this is her worst album. Except Max and Tommy's songs, the all album sounds bland and demo-ish...

There are interesting elements but the songs always have so many imperfections i can't fully like them: TLIC has a super boring chorus that gets old very quickly,  REM is cute the first minute but never goes off, Sweetener could have been a wonderful song BUT that the "hit it hit it" part is cringey and forced, Successful's production is... Not neat enough. Borderline is... Noise :cupid: Even Missy doesn't sound enthousiastic on it!!! 

The main problem to me is the lack of Ari's essence. I mean that candy-like voice with simple but meaningful lyrics (basically what she gave us with TU,N :jonny5:) i'm not here for Beyoncé's leftovers or Fergie impressions....

Anyway i'm most likely Pharrell-intolerant. I never stannned what he did with pop girls post-Hollaback Girl. I'm so happy the light came to Ari and decided to not include him on AG5 :jonny5:

nnn she probably really saw our tweets hating him

On 12/4/2018 at 12:54 AM, Bencharmer said:

the TEA you spilled here!

Archived