• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KillingYourCareer

• Alpha

• Kylie Jenner

• greeneyedsoul

Maxi Underdog
5 hours ago, HermitTheFrog said:

When Eurovision offers a modern bop but neither televoters nor juries can appreciate it  :rip:

I'll feel for you :( 

qxaFadc.gif

Robin responded to Salvador recently:

1f4f8.png? From a press conference in Kiev, probably talking about "fast food" disposable music @salvadorsobral.music 1f609.png? Congrats on your victory, I really like your song and the way you sing it, but I think your speech after winning the ESC was below the level of a true winner. "Fast food" pop music can be the best thing in the world at the right place and time, so can a song beautiful as yours. There is room for everyone. To all my new friends from all over Europe, hope to see you again soon2764.png Had a blast and the experience of a lifetime1f389.png?

starsweburnaway
7 minutes ago, LuLuDrops said:

Robin responded to Salvador recently:

1f4f8.png? From a press conference in Kiev, probably talking about "fast food" disposable music @salvadorsobral.music 1f609.png? Congrats on your victory, I really like your song and the way you sing it, but I think your speech after winning the ESC was below the level of a true winner. "Fast food" pop music can be the best thing in the world at the right place and time, so can a song beautiful as yours. There is room for everyone. To all my new friends from all over Europe, hope to see you again soon2764.png Had a blast and the experience of a lifetime1f389.png?

v0ZEn.gif

v0ZEn.gifv0ZEn.gifv0ZEn.gif

v0ZEn.gif

v0ZEn.gif

v0ZEn.gif

LovaticSwiftie
On 14.5.2017 at 9:40 PM, Devotion said:

:clap3:

Hide contents

also

Robbed queen number 1. She would've been the best woman for sure in the end.

Commentators say that this year music won the Eurovision. I agree with this sentence less and less. I liked Salvador's simple and earnest delivery. His live performances were real moments and that's why he won. 

However, the song. I find it completely forgettable, worse than Jamala's last year. I can't connect to the lyrics or sing along while listening since I don't know the language. English translation of the lyrics does nothing for me - another cliche love song.

And after several listens I still can't recall the melody of the song. While listening to the song, I find the melody pleasant, but I immediately forget how it goes. 

Overall impression: I can recall pleasant feelings from watching Salvador's live performances of the song, but the song itself is just boring. 

So yeah, this year's winning song is a miss.

On 16/5/2017 at 10:06 PM, Matthea said:

Commentators say that this year music won the Eurovision. I agree with this sentence less and less. I liked Salvador's simple and earnest delivery. His live performances were real moments and that's why he won. 

However, the song. I find it completely forgettable, worse than Jamala's last year. I can't connect to the lyrics or sing along while listening since I don't know the language. English translation of the lyrics does nothing for me - another cliche love song.

And after several listens I still can't recall the melody of the song. While listening to the song, I find the melody pleasant, but I immediately forget how it goes. 

Overall impression: I can recall pleasant feelings from watching Salvador's live performances of the song, but the song itself is just boring. 

So yeah, this year's winning song is a miss.

does this mean everyone should sing in english? 

30 minutes ago, boombepi said:

does this mean everyone should sing in english? 

Well, yes, generally I prefer songs in English. I find it hard to connect to songs in languages that I don't understand. I'm Slovenian and I understand English as well as my own language and Serbo-Croatian for the most part.

I took German in high school and if there was a great song in German, I would probably try to use my limited knowledge, even though I hate the language.

I like the sound of Spanish and Italian, but I'm lucky if I understand a little bit of Spanish. 

I generally ignore the songs in all other languages. I mean, it's great to see that people are proud of their native language, but Eurovision is a song contest, so it's better to make the song accessible to as many people as possible.

7 minutes ago, Matthea said:

Well, yes, generally I prefer songs in English. I find it hard to connect to songs in languages that I don't understand. I'm Slovenian and I understand English as well as my own language and Serbo-Croatian for the most part.

I took German in high school and if there was a great song in German, I would probably try to use my limited knowledge, even though I hate the language.

I like the sound of Spanish and Italian, but I'm lucky if I understand a little bit of Spanish. 

I generally ignore the songs in all other languages. I mean, it's great to see that people are proud of their native language, but Eurovision is a song contest, so it's better to make the song accessible to as many people as possible.

Are you Daniela the famous youtuber from Slovenia?

4 minutes ago, boombepi said:

Are you Daniela the famous youtuber from Slovenia?

Nope, never heard of her.

9 hours ago, Matthea said:

I'm Slovenian

:jonny: finally

Can you tell us how the woman in the red dress reacted when Portugal won? (around 25:48)

Did she drag Salvador / the song? 

3 hours ago, Devotion said:

:jonny: finally

Can you tell us how the woman in the red dress reacted when Portugal won? (around 25:48)

Did she drag Salvador / the song? 

Ugh, these two speak in a dialect, let me see what I can make out. The older woman didn't know the location of Portugal in Europe (she asked if it's in the north), so the one in red had to tell her it's in the west, next to Spain. Also, the one in red thinks Salvador is autistic or something. They are surprised at Portugal's sudden success since their track record is so poor.

Overall these two aren't too pleasant for me to listen to.

2 minutes ago, Matthea said:

Ugh, these two speak in a dialect, let me see what I can make out. The older woman didn't know the location of Portugal in Europe (she asked if it's in the north), so the one in red had to tell her it's in the west, next to Spain. Also, the one in red thinks Salvador is autistic or something. They are surprised at Portugal's sudden success since their track record is so poor.

Overall these two aren't too pleasant for me to listen to.

I can't with Daniela :deadbanana3:  She's such a mess sometimes

4 hours ago, Jacketh said:

Sure. Who are your favoritas?

Hm, this year was really poor. Overall Italian song was the one that stood out as something I could hear on the radio for years to come. Norwegian song and performance turned out to be decent. Bulgarian success is puzzling - terrible song and singer.  Sweden had a slick package, but it was off putting to me.

10 minutes ago, Devotion said:

I can't with Daniela :deadbanana3:  She's such a mess sometimes

Why you pay attention and make fun of these people is beyond me. I don't find them interesting in any way. Judging from what I see in this video, they are poor, badly educated, etc. 

Just now, Matthea said:

Why you pay attention and make fun of these people is beyond me. I don't find them interesting in any way. Judging from what I see in this video, they are poor, badly educated, etc. 

She makes Eurovision content on YouTube and her opinions are somewhat controversial. They way she makes her videos and presents herself is a bit comedic imo.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
greeneyedsoul
1 minute ago, Dom said:

okay, Paula, wig. Lithuania better send ha. she worked with Zara Larsson producer in sweden.

WrongT thread sis.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, IntoMeYouSee said:

Gurls, what do u think about my flop countries song When We Are Old? (Lithuania)

Insert Oprah discuss gift.

Archived