Kacey posts E•MO•TION and gays meme

Thickorita

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Diarrhoea said:

Yeah, it’s really good. I stan E•MO•TION so I’m obviously biased (my favourite album ever) but GH is one of my favourite albums of the year so far

Basically. :clap3: 

31 minutes ago, BlazingLovatic said:

Metacritic has spoken

Golden Hour – 89 :heart2:

Emotion – 77 :rip:

The Grammy awards will also confirm this later in the year 

hCpWISx.gif

41 minutes ago, Shinning said:

Golden Hour is way better than E•MO•TION

Vat9Mck.gif

And yet neither of them are that good

f8mjXjb.gif

Electric Youth

To be fair, this shouldn't even to be compared even as a joke. Emotion and Golden Hour doesn't even sound likely. Just because GH has a disco-inspired song it doesn't mean it could be compared with a pop album. If you don't like to listen to country/alternative country music you probably will prefer EMOTION. Petty gays love to cause drama  :rip:

Vat9Mck.gif

Kacey is still superior tho.

39 minutes ago, Cazy said:

To people who have enjoyed EMOTION and have listened to Kacey's album: is it good and worthy of my time? :eek:

They are barely alike. 

39 minutes ago, Cazy said:

To people who have enjoyed EMOTION and have listened to Kacey's album: is it good and worthy of my time? :eek:

37 minutes ago, gxnesis said:

this.

Absolutely. I prefer it over EMOTION but I can see how some gays wouldn't. It's not full of bops or anything.

Electric Youth
1 minute ago, Sbbmsve said:

She is a gay icon? Lol.

Never was to be fair. Her niche was always country pop music lovers. But she always supported the gays tho. She even received backlash from country radio programmers because of Follow Your Arrow.

rihannabiggestfan
33 minutes ago, DoubleK said:

She wishes, she can't even reach a fraction of the quality of E•MO•TION

plus she's a country singer so ew

Vat9Mck.gif

That's why her album is 12 points higher than the overrated Emotion on Metacritic?

1 minute ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

That's why her album is 12 points higher than the overrated Emotion on Metacritic?

can you imagine having your music taste revolve around what most old bitter sweaty men have to say as oppose to forming your own opinion about arts and music 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Truth Teller said:

I thought the gays only used High Horse and her Metacritic score

I like the album on first impression (and I love Kacey), but it doesn't sound like a quintessential gay album. EMOTION is still it. I'm sure the meme (and her posting it) is just for fun anyway though.

This sums up my thoughts on this to a T. 

I like both girls though. 

BlazingLovatic
3 minutes ago, DoubleK said:

can you imagine having your music taste revolve around what most old bitter sweaty men have to say as oppose to forming your own opinion about arts and music 

giphy.gif

That's literally the #1 demographic that's oppressed Kacey's career and has refused to play her on Country radio (Look at her stats).

If anything, stanning Kacey's music is the opposite of doing what you said

BlazingLovatic
3 minutes ago, DoubleK said:

giphy.gif

That's literally the #1 demographic that's oppressed Kacey's career and has refused to play her on Country radio (Look at her stats).

Just now, BlazingLovatic said:

I'm talking about reviews though that has nothing to do with what I was saying but go off I guess?

I'm not so sure the only people who use her COUNTRY music are gays and POC lets be real

3 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Actually the standard is Robyn's Body Talk because Emotion would not EXIST without it :cm:

http://www.metacritic.com/music/body-talk/robyn

1200x630bb.jpg

Robyn is my OG fave (check my sig) and I totally agree. It was a joke, even tho I see Emotion being the warm side to Body Talks cold, metal-wrapped masterpiece. :smitten: 

ShouldersSideways

y'all are doing the most :deadbanana: 

51 minutes ago, DoubleK said:

She wishes, she can't even reach a fraction of the quality of E•MO•TION

plus she's a country singer so ew

Vat9Mck.gif

I don't even listen to country and her album is great. She's not your stereotypical country singer.

Vat9Mck.gif

Carly having a better discography than Kacey :skull:

Y'all need to expand your music taste beyond basic bops with catchy hooks.

Kacey’s first album alone puts everything Carly has ever done to shame, and it’s not even her best album

Archived