H100: Meant To Be #2, SAD! #7

alexanderao

2 minutes ago, brianc33710 said:

According to BB, he has 15 pending felony charges against him, many unrelated to what he did to his pregnant girlfriend.  Where there's smoke, there's generally a fire not too far away.  I guess with Orlando just 90 minutes up the road, I get more information than most on here about what's going on.  He's incredibly lucky to just being under house arrest right now, and even that ends in just two months.

Do some research into the case. The girl who accused him has a terrible history of lying so I'm reluctant to believe her.

As for other felony charges - I've been charged a damn felony for marijuana possession. Felonies in this country are handed out like candy for **** that shouldn't be a crime (or should be a misdemeanor at most) - especially in the South.

Regardless of X's situation - "Sad!" is a ****ing incredible song and I'm glad it's his first T10!

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• FutureHive

• simmnfierzig

• brianc33710

1 minute ago, fridayteenage said:

meant to be is super radio driven. 

But early on, and for quite some time, MTB's weakest metric was airplay.  Sales and streaming were far ahead of its airplay for literally months.  It's only just in the last couple of weeks that MTB's airplay has pulled ahead of streaming, though its sales are still on track with its airplay.  

4 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

meant to be is super radio driven. 

Very wrong. It’s been sales driven mostly. It’s been in the top 5 of iTunes for months, recently floating around the top spot. 

6 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

It’s been busy on my end, I haven’t done predictions, but I’d say top 15 with discount in effect. Possibly #12

Thanks hun. 

Bebe #2 :skull:

I'm sorry but the song is just plain bad. Hailee should have gotten this success.

1 minute ago, Ari. said:

Do some research into the case. The girl who accused him has a terrible history of lying so I'm reluctant to believe her.

As for other felony charges - I've been charged a damn felony for marijuana possession. Felonies in this country are handed out like candy for **** that shouldn't be a crime (or should be a misdemeanor at most) - especially in the South.

Regardless of X's situation - "Sad!" is a ****ing incredible song and I'm glad it's his first T10!

BB said legal issues often add "credibility" to a rappers reputation.  Kodak Black had the same effect due to his long list of legal matters.  DMX flourished for a while until he spent so much time in jail that he no longer had time to record new music.  Chris Brown keeps cranking out hits in-between his arrests.  However, there is one significant exception: R. Kelly's past has finally begun to take its toll on his ability to record and perform.  

While trying not to get too far off topic, at least in Tampa marijuana possession has been decriminalized to just the same penalty as a moving violation.  I'm not sure about Saint Petersburg (where I now live) though, but I'm sure we're not too far behind.  The War on Drugs should end, and the minimum age for everything should be lowered to 18, 19 at the extreme.  The US is WAY out of line with other nations around the world.  I'm truly sorry @Ari. that you got charged with a felony for a plant that should have been legalized long ago.

35 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

Very wrong. It’s been sales driven mostly. It’s been in the top 5 of iTunes for months, recently floating around the top spot. 

36 minutes ago, brianc33710 said:

But early on, and for quite some time, MTB's weakest metric was airplay.  Sales and streaming were far ahead of its airplay for literally months.  It's only just in the last couple of weeks that MTB's airplay has pulled ahead of streaming, though its sales are still on track with its airplay.  

preach

I said "is," not "was." 

As in, the present day.

As in, right now. 

Like I wouldn't say "Taylor is a country artist still waiting for Her first AOTY win." Because She was that but now is not. 

anyway i guess we'll see if it can get notably higher than outside the t10 in streams. 

Edited by fridayteenage

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

But those sales totals are low, only adding around 50 points a week to the song,

Doesn’t matter. Its sales are aligning with radio and streaming, and it’s not a radio driven hit like Bad At Love or New Rules 

Edited by Mattyboy

2 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

Doesn’t matter. Its sales are aligning with radio and streaming, and it’s not a radio driven hit like Bad At Love or New Rules 

Well, the question was, is MTB a sales-driven hit or a radio-driven hit?

Most of its chart points are due to radio, so it's a radio-driven hit. It might be higher on the sales chart than the radio chart, but as was already noted, radio's higher influence means that its radio performance is the biggest contributor to its points.

Sit Next to Me debuting at #85 :beatfreak:

Edited by Luis

7 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Of course it matters, you can be the top selling song and just sell one copy. Meanwhile you have 80m ai worth of radio points.

In fact MTB is a stresming loaded hit, getting its most points from stresming, despite being number twelve on the stresming chart,

appr points

stresm 141

radio 123

sales 47

That’s not the point. It’s still selling in a bad sales climate and during the streaming era, whereas other radio hits have little to no sales to their points. Stop arguing, MTB is doing well in ALL METRICS, unlike most of the top 10 which is doing good in mainly radio & streaming. 

In My Blood is doing great out of the gate :clap3: 

I hope it can really go top ten.

57 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

Well, the question was, is MTB a sales-driven hit or a radio-driven hit?

Most of its chart points are due to radio, so it's a radio-driven hit. It might be higher on the sales chart than the radio chart, but as was already noted, radio's higher influence means that its radio performance is the biggest contributor to its points.

I got harassed and dragged by Drake stans for saying GP was streaming driven. :lipton:

1 hour ago, dussymob said:

I got harassed and dragged by Drake stans for saying GP was streaming driven. :lipton:

but he was #1 in sales with the best numbers you can get right now....

100. Chainsmokers — Everybody Hates Me (DEBUT)

201162r.jpg

5 minutes ago, umich said:

201162r.jpg

It's an improvement from their last singles

13 minutes ago, umich said:

201162r.jpg

Rozes ha revenge.

201162r.jpg

1 hour ago, umich said:

201162r.jpg

They're finally over! Textbook definition of a fad.

201162r.jpg

1 hour ago, umich said:

201162r.jpg

everybody hates them, indeed

1 hour ago, umich said:

201162r.jpg

FAD.

2 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

It's an improvement from their last singles

The irony of that song title is real, though from 1 to 100...

rZQIDPu.gif

1 hour ago, Witch Privilege said:

They're finally over! Textbook definition of a fad.

201162r.jpg

Mariah continues to win. The way they thought they could come for the queen with a one hit wonder type of song...

at least if Drake takes it he created a song about Mariah and Britney and their plan.

rZQIDPu.gif

'harassed by Drake fans'. Lol @dussymob you're not that important. You just got called out for your weird Drake obsession... that is apparently still happening. 

GP was #1 in sales for weeks. He's #4 on radio. He might have insanely high streaming, but it doesn't look like more than a couple of people were beating him in sales either, 8 weeks after release. :cm:

Edited by thedastardly