H100: God's Plan 8x #1, MTB #4, The Middle #6, Delicate #84

Renan90

7 hours ago, Mediabase said:

New Rules still in the Top15 on the Hot100 and increasing on POP radio after spending 5 weeks at no1.

What kind of slayage and longevity?

I guess NF's Let You Down also joins the very short list of songs to top the Top 40 airplay chart but falling short of the Hot 100 Top 10.

I can't understand why Urban refused to play the song, given its huge success at Rhythmic. Was this a racism issue here?

Down sounded just like Rap songs that preform well at Urban. Urban's refusal to play Down meant NF peaked at 12, despite its long run in the Top 15.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pacaveli

• dussymob

• QueenofCopyPaste

• FutureHive

4 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

In no way do I mean this as a shade. But Miley should've known that after ruining her reputation with her antics from her Bangerz era that the Country audience wouldn't remotely consider bringing her back to the format. As I said, I don't mean this to seem disrespectful, but she by in large reaped what she sowed for the songs and videos (especially the latter) for "We Can't Stop" and "Wrecking Ball." I mean, do you really think that those Country PDs with listeners who cringed over her performance with Robin Thicke at the 2013 VMAs, followed by her other strange behavior (grinding with oversized stuffed animals, performing with a penis, etc.), would want her new music on their stations? I seriously doubt any of them would dare touch "The Climb" now, even though it was a decent-sized hit at Country.

I agree. She/her label really went completely left with her image and now the 180 just cemented her transparency. Oh well.

2 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

I guess NF's Let You Down also joins the very short list of songs to top the Top 40 airplay chart but falling short of the Hot 100 Top 10.

I can't understand why Urban refused to play the song, given its huge success at Rhythmic. Was this a racism issue here?

Down sounded just like Rap songs that preform well at Urban. Urban's refusal to play Down meant NF peaked at 12, despite its long run in the Top 15.

Now sis I hope this is you asking if NF had a racism scandal and not asking if he wasn't played cause he's white. :skull:

Just a few months ago, Post was #1 and G-Eazy was #2 on Urban.

Does NF even have any clout in the rap industry? Or is he more a Christian artist who just happens to rap?

If he became famous through his Christian industry association, is it odd that Urban doesn't feel like they know him and don't feel invested into spinning him?

Well, Urban even played Lorde with Royals a few years ago. A white girl from Nea Zealand.

It's all about how the song sounds, if it tests well and if the label pushes it on that format.

Unknown User
12 hours ago, dussymob said:

Idk it’s not Meagan Trainor that’s for sure :eli:

Hmm

dussymob

QueenofCopyPaste

Rockstar video is out.. Let's see if it can be near 500 points. Which I doubt

I see Shawn Mendes is doing well in streaming already despite what ATRL's resident complainers about streaming only favouring hip hop artists. I guess a genre doing well in an area is only a problem when urban artists benefit from it. Don't see anyone fighting for radio to have less influence even though Pop radio has the largest audience and is historically harder for hip hop artists to get high numbers in.

Edited by thedastardly

so Shawn may be next 1 after Drake?

6 hours ago, Pacaveli said:

I’m seriously scared for my life, your obsession is too much. :biblio:

16 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

so Shawn may be next 1 after Drake?

Seems extremely unlikely to me, but the song literally just came out so can’t say it’s 100% impossible.

5 hours ago, Meghallah Godnor said:

Rockstar video is out.. Let's see if it can be near 500 points. Which I doubt

Rockstar?

5 hours ago, Meghallah Godnor said:

rockstar video is out... let's see if it can be near 500 points, which I doubt.

rockstar?

Edited by Pacaveli

10 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

I just remember Uptown Funk looked for sure like a 17 week #1 before SYA came out of nowhere to knock it out of #1. Since UF spent the following 3 weeks at #2, SYA was the only reason UF didn't break the record.

Maybe it's just this way in the US, but UF still seems like the bigger song compared to Shape Of You. Both were global smashes, but SOY seemed to outperform UF outside of North America. UF and SOY are the Top 2 songs of the 2010s in the US, even if BB's 25/52 flawed methodology says otherwise.

Both songs were multi-metric juggernauts, and both received airplay on a very broad and diverse grouping of music formats. But UF's almost 8 M in sales, despite its release well after downloads had begun to die, still stands out. And UF had multiple weeks 20-25 M streams, which was unheard of in 2005.

UF is now well past the 12 M mark. But whether the label sends UF to tie it in first place with the other songs that have hit the 1.2× Diamond remains to be seen. Maybe UF will become the first 1.3× Diamond certified song.

I just can't see SOY surpassing the minimum 1× Diamond certification requirements. It'll go Diamond, but probably not further than the 10 M certification.

I know this chart is made up...but

http://www.mediatraffic.de/alltime-track-chart.htm

http://www.mediatraffic.de/tracks.htm

It's still top 40 on this chart...its truly remarkabable

But I think UF still feels bigger because it was a Cultural Moment which was carried a lot by the aesthetics (Music video and live performances)...ppl were recreating it and making parodies as opposed to SOY which has just been the songs focus

Like all over social media you had gifs of UF and the live performances...so it'll always feel like the larger hit

6 minutes ago, Sinister said:

I know this chart is made up...but

http://www.mediatraffic.de/alltime-track-chart.htm

http://www.mediatraffic.de/tracks.htm

It's still top 40 on this chart...its truly remarkabable

But I think UF still feels bigger because it was a Cultural Moment which was carried a lot by the aesthetics (Music video and live performances)...ppl were recreating it and making parodies as opposed to SOY which has just been the songs focus

Like all over social media you had gifs of UF and the live performances...so it'll always feel like the larger hit

Cant speak for the US, but in Europe SOY was A LOT bigger
I also think its even more impressive that SOY reached these numbers considering it is on an album which is also selling really, really well. A lot of people probably just bought the album instead of just SOY.

Edited by TaylenaStan

QueenofCopyPaste
41 minutes ago, Green said:

Rockstar?

39 minutes ago, Pacaveli said:

rockstar?

Typo.. Psycho I mean. :-*

29 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

I also think its even more impressive that SOY reached these numbers considering it is on an album which is also selling really, really well. A lot of people probably just bought the album instead of just SOY.

IDK

UF was just all over social media...all them viral videos never ended

It got ppl lit

11 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

Let You Down is a very pop song, not urban at all.

It's not a race thing - you'll see rappers take diff routes no matter the race. Flo Rida (black), Pitbull (hispanic), and NF (white) made poppy rap songs - so they aren't played on urban radio. Uzi Vert (black), 6ix9ine (hispanic), and Post (white) are played on urban though 'cause they're urban artists (even if Post, Uzi, and 6 can barely be considered rap). Race doesn't matter in this industry nearly as much as people think it does. The individual matters much more.

6 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Can’t wait to see those 50m streams from Mendes....

i still dont don’t see why pop has to play hip hop. Urban has their own stations. I don’t call up my urban station and get them to play a country or Metal song, if I want those, I change to the appropriate station,

Pop has the most listeners because that’s what the most people want to listen to. If more people want to hear urban then urban numbers go up.

id love to see the screaming here if the top metric was based on 90 percent of it being consumed by rich old white men.

Oh my GAWD bye

Pop alone can give a song over 100M ai, the next biggest genre station doesn't even come close...even the biggest radio hits, and hits overall, of the past year get damn near half of their AI from pop

Pop has usually centered around the most popular songs in the country...but pop was NEVER in the same sense as country radio or rock radio or Christian radio...or if it was, it hasn't been that way for many many years

31 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

Nah.

21 hours ago, Enoch said:

Is the streaming audience still even here for adele

She has some of the most streamed female albums of all time and she delayed release o f 25 :rip: 

She's an insane streaming force. Hello has nearly 800m while the rest of her songs are all above 100m, singles around 300-400m :deadbanana2: 

I’m so over the anger at urban doing better in streaming lol. Urban has a disadvantage in radio as people have said. So different ways of consuming have different genre leans. that’s been how it is when sales were peak (urban songs always sold less).

I still think a pop song will do good in streaming if it connects.  Pop as a genre is slacking imo and that’s part of the problem. Take albums like Reputation... The youth just aren’t here for that tea as much. 

Urban is having a renaissance era.

butterflysupreme
1 hour ago, Cz! said:

Nah.

Yup, SOY was miles bigger.

UF was a hit but SOY was a SMASH