Beyoncé & Jay-Z - OTR II Tour [Finished]

LoveLiveMusic

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
trainsskyscrapers
3 hours ago, QueenB4 said:

Just 1 more date woulda done it :weeps:

If she would've sold out Night 2 of Houston they would be there. 8K more tickets. :soda: 

On the other hand I don't want Jay to be apart of her highest grossing tour. 

57 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

If she would've sold out Night 2 of Houston they would be there. 8K more tickets. :soda: 

On the other hand I don't want Jay to be apart of her highest grossing tour. 

Nah, those 8K would’ve only added 500K to 800K max. That’s a far cry from $3M to beat FWT.

Its so weird that Houston wasn’t reported as sold out, because all her shows had an attendance on the low end. 

She probably did that to mess with the Hive’s bragging rights. Trollé would do that.

aaronsmithjune1
18 minutes ago, Superpower said:

Nah, those 8K would’ve only added 500K to 800K max. That’s a far cry from $3M to beat FWT.

Its so weird that Houston wasn’t reported as sold out, because all her shows had an attendance on the low end. 

She probably did that to mess with the Hive’s bragging rights. Trollé would do that.

Yeah a lot of the attendance was on the low end. Hopefully the next tour is more thought out. 

New Jersey -55k

Philadelphia  -52k

Atlanta -58K

Miami -48k

Charlotte -50k

Houston -55K

Santa Clara -52K

Pasadena -61K

Chicago -56K

Baltimore -52k

Foxborough  - 52K

Detroit  - 45K

Toronto  -45K 

Single dates with slow ticketing. = BANK

1 minute ago, aaronsmithjune1 said:

Yeah a lot of the attendance was on the low end. Hopefully the next tour is more thought out. 

New Jersey -55k

Philadelphia  -52k

Atlanta -58K

Miami -48k

Charlotte -50k

Houston -55K

Santa Clara -52K

Pasadena -61K

Chicago -56K

Baltimore -52k

Foxborough  - 52K

Detroit  - 45K

Toronto  -45K 

Single dates with slow ticketing. = BANK

Slow ticketing only works if you announce your tour early. Something I don’t see her do, she’s too last minute and hung up on surprises 

This is almost the best possible outcome. It did great but it still isn't Beyonce's highest grossing tour. Y'all know the haters would love it if Bey's biggest tour is not solo.

aaronsmithjune1
1 minute ago, Superpower said:

Slow ticketing only works if you announce your tour early. Something I don’t see her do, she’s too last minute and hung up on surprises 

Yeah I get that. But would you rather play 2 dates somewhere and make 13M or play one date and make 9M? Imo. She needs to stick to the cities I listed but scale down to 1 dat for most of them so she doesn't exhaust her demand. Instead of booking 6 dates in the UK just play one Wembley date and make almost 20M. If she's gonna tour every 2 years they need to be smart about it.

On 9/28/2018 at 9:32 AM, aaronsmithjune1 said:

San Diego 6M

San Francisco 7M

Seattle 4M

Vancouver 5M

My prediction 

Total = 254M

On 9/28/2018 at 9:59 AM, BeyColombia said:

San Diego 5.5M

San Francisco 6.5M

Seattle 4.5M

Vancouver 4.8M

My prediction 

Total = 254M

Both of you guessed the total right!! 

Actual:

San Diego: 5.4m

Santa Clara: 7.5m

Seattle: 4.9m

Vancouver: 4.3m

Total: $254m

Just now, aaronsmithjune1 said:

Yeah I get that. But would you rather play 2 dates somewhere and make 13M or play one date and make 9M? Imo. She needs to stick to the cities I listed but scale down to 1 dat for most of them so she doesn't exhaust her demand. Instead of booking 6 dates in the UK just play one Wembley date and make almost 20M. If she's gonna tour every 2 years they need to be smart about it.

Nah, you’re on crack again.

2 shows with $13M  > one $9M show

congrats to those grossing $10M night, but I’d rather my fave play to more people, instead of just filling their pockets.

Bey will always have demand as long as she plans her tours adequately. No more surprises, no more last minute announcements. 

She needs to work on her album first, then tour. There’s no need for her to keep doing both at once. That’s literally insane and the outcome is always less than ideal. 

aaronsmithjune1

congrats to those grossing $10M night, but I’d rather my fave play to more people, instead of just filling their pockets.

Bey will always have demand as long as she plans her tours adequately. No more surprises, no more last minute announcements. 

She needs to work on her album first, then tour. There’s no need for her to keep doing both at once. That’s literally insane and the outcome is always less than ideal. 

London 

190K 2013

142K 2016

120K 2018

She's exhausting her demand.  She needs a break and less dates on the next tour.

ShouldersSideways

it's remarkable she's been able to serve the quality she has been. recording albums as she prepares tours in tandem is insane. not to mention everything else she has going on.

she's probably sleeping less than a couple of hours of night in the lead up  - didn't frank say she had 45 minutes of sleep the night before they shot partition? 

12 minutes ago, aaronsmithjune1 said:

ain't nobody gifting me that extra 4M. two 13M dates > one 9M date

aaronsmithjune1
3 minutes ago, bync said:

ain't nobody gifting me that extra 4M. two 13M dates > one 9M date

Or those other 30K people can just try to catch the next tour?

3 minutes ago, aaronsmithjune1 said:

London 

190K 2013

142K 2016

120K 2018

She's exhausting her demand.  She needs a break and less dates on the next tour.

She’ll never exhaust her London demand. London is one of the biggest touring cities. She’ll sell another 120K tickets if she goes there in 2020.

But I agree she needs a break in Europe and North America and she shouldn’t tour here again until 2021.

3 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

it's remarkable she's been able to serve the quality she has been. recording albums as she prepares tours in tandem is insane. not to mention everything else she has going on.

she's probably sleeping less than a couple of hours of night in the lead up  - didn't frank say she had 45 minutes of sleep the night before they shot partition? 

Yep, I remember that. She has done similar things countless times, working 17 or 18 hours, even more than 24 hours straight (Dance For You video)

Bey is that classmate that parties and goes on trips all semester, but will spend the 48 hours before the exam studying and then snatch an A :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, aaronsmithjune1 said:

London 

190K 2013

98k 2013 May * 6show, 7days

99k 2014 March *Selftitle + 6show, 7days 

142K 2016 *Lemonade

126K 2018 June *huge competition + no new album + smaller stadium.

Taylor Swift,  22 and 23 June 2018 
Ed Sheeran, 14 June 2018 ~ 17 June 2018 (4 Shows), massive 18 staidum shows in UK. even same london date. 

afterall london was pretty much real sold out, it's just that london stadium is smaller venue. max 70k with small stage.

otr2 had lukewarm respond because of big competition+no hype +expensive tickets.

still massive 250m, 2m tour. y'all just too obessed with record, bigger number. lol

2 hours ago, aaronsmithjune1 said:

London 

190K 2013

142K 2016

120K 2018

But she’s not exhausting her demand. Don’t see see that with each tour she’s increasing her or maintaining her average gross while playing to less people. Her next tour I bet it’ll be one date and 90 people 😱

LoveLiveMusic

Last boxscores are posted:

1) Beyonce & Jay-Z, DJ Khaled, Chloe x Halle

Levi's Stadium

Santa Clara, Calif.

Sept. 29, 2018

$7,548,208

47,235/47,235

4) Beyonce & Jay-Z, DJ Khaled, Chloe x Halle

SDCCU Stadium

San Diego, Calif.

Sept. 27, 2018

$5,445,486

42,953/42,953

7) Beyonce & Jay-Z, Chloe x Halle

CenturyLink Field

Seattle, Wash.

Oct. 4, 2018

$4,888,994

40,718/40,718

8 ) Beyonce & Jay-Z, Chloe x Halle

BC Place Stadium

Vancouver, British Columbia

Oct. 2, 2018

$4,366,828

39,032/39,032

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BRTE said:

so I guess the Global Citizen Mandela date is the official final date for the tour, right?

nah I think it's already over... The Global Citizen date will be probably a shorter version of the tour I believe...

Archived