LTWYL becomes highest-certified single in RIAA history

istan4badgalriri

1 hour ago, thedastardly said:

I don't get it, so people like MJ, Whitney etc never did 12m+? Or is this something else?

Physical singles would never sell as much. The remixes and all that came in one cd and they were much more expensive than a digital single. 

We can't really compare physical singles with digital.

Still a bop, congrats Em and Riri. :clap3:

Baby, though. :biblio: It barely peaked at #5, is its streaming that big and powerful? :deadbanana2:

Talent :clap3:

We all do love this powerful and talented duo.

sCigSu6.gif

One of the greatest songs of the century. :jonny5: 

I miss those days when you couldn't escape hearing it being played somewhere :cries: 

liberalmusiclover

A TRUE CLASSIC :clap3: 

AHH MY ****ING FAVE.

@istan4badgalriri love you sis but once Dark Horse's certification is updated it will be 13x platinum

but congrats to eminem & queen Rihanna :clap3: 

Wow rih did that :clap3: 

congrats Rih :heart2: x

this riaa rule is ridiculous.

it would imply this is the most successful song ever in the usa, whic is far from the truth.,,, this is why they shouldnt count absolutley everything into their certification and tone down streaming.

WOW :jonny4: 

RIAA recognizing talent, what's new? ughhh I love my talented fave :jonny5: 

18 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Houston's best selling song in the U.S is 'I Will Always Love You' which has sold 4.4M+ units, and is the second biggest selling song of all-time in the U.S per physical copies sold behind Elton John's 'Candle In The Wind'.

If we add the additional 3M+ it has sold in digital sales it most certainly is eligible for Diamond status and has been for several years now.

Jackson's biggest selling song in the U.S is 'Thriller' followed by 'Billie Jean' which are also eligible for Diamond status.

Overall, this thread is about song certifications granted by the RIAA as requested by said artists label.

Educate.

---

OT: A classic :clap3:

2 hours ago, www said:

this riaa rule is ridiculous.

it would imply this is the most successful song ever in the usa, whic is far from the truth.,,, this is why they shouldnt count absolutley everything into their certification and tone down streaming.

Certifications don't imply this at all especially since they're bought by labels. :rip:

Edited by One Nation

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.