US: Highest Certified Females

FanOfPop

2 hours ago, slw84 said:

Yup.

It's crazy because it only costs $1500 or maybe that's just one of the costs. certainly they can pay the fee.

That cheap???

I’m always mad when I see some unknown latin acts certifying their records as latin gold or latin platinum with 30,000 or 60,000 sales. And Shakira has at least 30M uncertified. That’s insane.

Edited by Shakishaki

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FanOfPop

• slw84

• Stepfon

• Jimmy.

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, tiagol88 said:

Needing to pay for certification updates is just stupid tbh. No wonder it only happens in the USA

Hmmmm, I think it happens everywhere except UK. Shakira has many records not updated in Canada, Germany, Brazil, France, Mexico and so on. She didn’t get a full update in Australia until 2019 (Hips Don’t Lie went up from platinum to 6x platinum). 

1 hour ago, Shakishaki said:

That cheap???

I’m always mad when I see some unknown latin acts certifying their records as latin gold or latin platinum with 30,000 or 60,000 sales. And Shakira has at least 30M uncertified. That’s insane.

I'm not sure if that's just one fee or not...on the RIAA site they discuss the process and 1500 might cover one of the fees. THe main thing is it's not 1M dollars so a label doesn't have an excuse to delay certs.

2 hours ago, slw84 said:

I'm not sure if that's just one fee or not...on the RIAA site they discuss the process and 1500 might cover one of the fees. THe main thing is it's not 1M dollars so a label doesn't have an excuse to delay certs.

I wanna go to Gofundme and ask every Shakira fans to donate so she can update her f**king certs.

Miley's wrecking ball at 7x platinum

VFhMlYP.gif

• 1 month later...

Iggy Azalea is at 26.5 certified with her single Started being certified Gold

OP updated.

Cardi B is 8th highest certified female in the US. She is coming for 100M.

Also, Christina Aguilera, Jhene Aiko and Bebe Rexha move some spots.

14 hours ago, TurntUp said:

Iggy Azalea is at 26.5 certified with her single Started being certified Gold

Yeah. She needs 50k more to enter Top 40. But I think either Megan or Dua will get there first.

• 2 weeks later...

I am kinda surprise that from her peers, only Adele and Taylor have more certified albums than Rihanna. I always knew her album numbers were wrongfully trashed, but I'm genuinely surprised to see her above artists such as Beyoncé/Carrie Underwood/Lady Gaga/Alicia Keys or P!nk. Although I guess that the certs are not updated for some of those.

Her lead with singles is absolutely massive though.

OP updated.

Dua Lipa enters top 40 list. Also, Megan Thee Stallion is one platinum certification away from entering the list too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 6:56 AM, Delirious said:

Btw you missed 500k units for Ellie. So its total is 33.5m. I think it’s because you missed “Summit” 

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&se=Goulding+#search_section

Thanks, I fixed it.

OP updated. Rihanna extends her lead, Camila Cabello enters Top 30 and Kelly Clarkson re-enters the list (probably not for long since Megan is coming).

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.