Jump to content

US: Highest Certified Females


FanOfPop
 Share

Recommended Posts

Janet is missing from what I can see, Rhythm Nation and janet.'s undercertifications alone would put her on the list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Stepfon

    45

  • slw84

    55

  • Jimmy.

    25

  • FanOfPop

    116

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Roc Nation gotta update Rih's album certifications w/ SPS she would be at like 25m albums instead of 13.5m

thats double counting tho since the singles are calculated as records sold separately already. the OP is doing it right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Harry said:

thats double counting tho since the singles are calculated as records sold separately already. the OP is doing it right

? Some of the album numbers in the OP already count SPS (including some of Rih's), I'm just saying Rih's haven't been updated by her label (except for GGGB)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Manchs said:

Carrie Underwood.

 

14 minutes ago, Sidney Prescott said:

Where is Kelly Clarkson

 

13 minutes ago, Green said:

Janet is the most undercertified female of all time

 

5 minutes ago, Auburn said:

Janet is missing from what I can see, Rhythm Nation and janet.'s undercertifications alone would put her on the list

Kelly, Carrie & Janet added.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Impressed by Shakira.

 

@Mariah would be #3. All I Want and likes everything from the 90s is undercertificated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Harry said:

thats double counting tho since the singles are calculated as records sold separately already. the OP is doing it right

 

Taylor's albums include SPS though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Damn, Gaga is so undercertified. :deadbanana2: 

IKR!! The Fame alone should be 9 platinum (it's been 3 platinum since forever) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

? Some of the album numbers in the OP already count SPS (including some of Rih's), I'm just saying Rih's haven't been updated by her label (except for GGGB)

i just checked. her albums are definitely severely undercertified 

her singles certs are pretty updated tho. they just certified what now wtf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MTrain Grande said:

Fergie should be at #24

 

3 minutes ago, 80x100 said:

ok but where is the Lorde?

Both added.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Harry said:

i just checked. her albums are definitely severely undercertified 

her singles certs are pretty updated tho. they just certified what now wtf

yep her singles certs are almost fully updated besides like 10 songs including LOTB & WFL

idk why they just certified What now out of all songs :rip: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Sidney Prescott said:

Wtf at Beyonce and Britney being outside of top 10

They don't care for certifications.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The RIAA is the most ridiculous thing in music people accept as fact. 

1. They count shipments instead of sales

2. Youtube = Paid Streaming

3. Certifications aren't automatic, some of the biggest musicians don't pay for their certifactions which makes them appear much smaller than they actually are. The inconsistencies are way too much.

 

 

I think people like to use because the word gold, platinum, and diamond are attractive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

BEYONCE is coming. Just wait until the end of the decade. I think she's about to make a LARGE SPLASH the day before they announce RIAAs most certified artist of the decade. DC is coming too. 

This is legit a pipe dream. They just don't seem to care about updating her certifications.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FanOfPop said:

17. SELENA GOMEZ: 35 million records sold (32,5 million singles + 2,5 million albums)

 

:clap3: is The Scene included on that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FanOfPop said:

Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt rihanna Súvisiaci obrázok Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt katy perry Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt mariah carey Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt madonna

This is the list based only on certifications by RIAA! So if your favorite is lower than you expected than it's not my fault that she's undercertified.

I'm pretty sure I forget some females so feel free to post them and I'll add them to the list.

 

1. RIHANNA: 155,55 million records sold (142 million singles + 13,5 million albums + 0,05 million videos)

The variance between albums and singles.

2. TAYLOR SWIFT: 154 million records sold (112,5 million singles + 41,5 million albums)

more or less a typical 50/50 or 40/60 ratio

3. KATY PERRY: 106 million records sold (100 million singles + 6 million albums)

OMG. I thought she was higher than this

4. MARIAH CAREY: 90,3 million records sold (24 million singles + 66 million albums + 0,3 million videos)

legend

5. MADONNA: 84,15 million records sold (18,5 million singles + 64,5 million albums + 1,15 million videos)

legend

6. NICKI MINAJ: 82 million records sold (74,5 million singles + 7,5 million albums)

Better than Katy's ratio

7. WHITNEY HOUSTON: 75,7 million records sold (17 million singles + 58,5 million albums + 0,2 million videos)

legend

9. ADELE: 60,5 million records sold (31,5 million singles + 28 million albums + 1 million videos)

A true legend

 

13. BRITNEY SPEARS: 44,4 million records sold (9 million singles + 34 million albums + 1,4 million videos)

has about 30M uncertified songs + eligible for 37-43M but slay at being an album seller:clap3:

14. JANET JACKSON: 40,3 million records sold (13,5 million singles + 26 million albums + 0,8 million videos)

I still don't get how she is so far away from Madonna/whitney and mariah

 

18. CHRISTINA AGUILERA: 33,9 million records sold (18,5 million singles + 15,1 million albums + 0,3 million videos)

I really don't get how she can debut in 1999 of all years and have such mid 2000s type stats

19. MILEY CYRUS: 33 million records sold (24 million singles + 9 million albums)

21. P!NK: 32,5 million records sold (14,5 million singles + 17 million albums + 1 million videos)

Thought she sold more singles.

29. JENNIFER LOPEZ: 19,4 million records sold (8 million singles + 11 million albums + 0,4 million videos)

thought she sold more singles

giphy.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Timber said:

The RIAA is the most ridiculous thing in music people accept as fact. 

1. They count shipments instead of sales

2. Youtube = Paid Streaming

3. Certifications aren't automatic, some of the biggest musicians don't pay for their certifactions which makes them appear much smaller than they actually are. The inconsistencies are way too much.

 

 

I think people like to use because the word gold, platinum, and diamond are attractive.

1. No it's not.

RIAA is about shipments from distributors to retailers.

Platinum has never been about selling 1M rather than having a demand to have distributors ship 1M

platinum plus was used to show 1M+ actual sales

2. ??? paid streaming.

3. that's the label/artist fault. Not RIAA.

There was a time where people would make things up but then RIAA and soundscan help keep things legit.

My only gripe is that they don't count it if someone purchases multiple albums on one receipt.

 

Like back in the 00s the boyband crazy stans buy 5 albums on one receipt. I don't get why that should count 1. If someone is crazy enough to buy the same thing 5 times than it should count. Never understood that logic but other than that it's legit.

 

44 minutes ago, Rainsford said:

They don't care for certifications.

I feel Beyonce and Britney's team are going to pull a Pink

Pink got all her stuff upgraded because this era is a sign of well...

Britney's team are going to use it to upgrade this year or next for promoting her 10 albums/20 years era.

Beyonce is probably going to do it after her lion king sdtk era.

 

1 hour ago, Auburn said:

Janet is missing from what I can see, Rhythm Nation and janet.'s undercertifications alone would put her on the list

I have a feeling her team is going to wait until she passes to update her certs. They should do it next era tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slw84 said:

1. No it's not.

RIAA is about shipments from distributors to retailers.

Platinum has never been about selling 1M rather than having a demand to have distributors ship 1M

platinum plus was used to show 1M+ actual sales

2. ??? paid streaming.

3. that's the label/artist fault. Not RIAA.

There was a time where people would make things up but then RIAA and soundscan help keep things legit.

My only gripe is that they don't count it if someone purchases multiple albums on one receipt.

 

Like back in the 00s the boyband crazy stans buy 5 albums on one receipt. I don't get why that should count 1. If someone is crazy enough to buy the same thing 5 times than it should count. Never understood that logic but other than that it's legit.

 

I feel Beyonce and Britney's team are going to pull a Pink

Pink got all her stuff upgraded because this era is a sign of well...

Britney's team are going to use it to upgrade this year or next for promoting her 10 albums/20 years era.

Beyonce is probably going to do it after her lion king sdtk era.

 

I have a feeling her team is going to wait until she passes to update her certs. They should do it next era tbh.

I have feeling that they just don't care. :cm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...