Kisuke

Beyoncé

ShouldersSideways
19 minutes ago, mariposa said:

Why is MP mediocre to you? I get not liking a song if it's not your taste, but the song is objectively not mediocre. Even its repetitive nature is a feature of the sub-genre she was emulating with the song

In my opinion her part in particular is bad. I don't think you can objectively say a song is good tbh.  

Destiny

It's the 84 Metascore for me :jonny5:

Nemo

I'm fuming, why is it not loading whatsoever for me?

ShouldersSideways

e9e11c1227dfd21c2f42496f8267b4de7fed77b6

There may be better technical dancers, but the way she moves is so fluid and mesmerizing. Any time I put on a Bey video, I notice everyone gets pulled in.  She's so magnetic and probably the last pop star with that MJ/Madonna/Prince mystique and charisma.

ZIVERT
1 hour ago, GodSaveTheQueen said:

I know this is probably a big ask, but I really want a documentary that details the making of Black Is King. I’d love to see all the hard work, dedications, and intention from all of the contributors.

This. I would love to see more of the locations, maybe some historical facts/more detail about the traditional clothing and dancing, input from the locals, etc. It would be amazing to see a making-of doc for a film of this magnitude

benyonce

Massive thank you to whoever made these amazing Avis, hope you don't mind me snatching one for a while. My favourite look and visual from the film :flame:

I love how Bey always surprises me and makes me the fool in hindsight. My power was my least played track before the film, closely followed by M4E. Now I can't stop playing them as they're some of my favourite visuals. The way M4E could've been so tacky and instead was so fun and purposefully excessive. Her self awareness really shows with the wink and hand flick. 

Factoring in the visuals

Pray you catch me - Bigger
Hold Up - Find Your Way Back
Don't Hurt Yourself - Don't Jealous Me
Sorry - Ja Ara E
6 Inch - Nile
Daddys Lessons - Mood 4 Eva
Love Drought - Water
Sandcastles - Brown Skin Girl
Forward - Keys to the Kingdom 
Freedom - Already
All Night - Otherside
Formation - My Power 

Picking between the last 3 songs is nearly impossible, but I feel the Gift/BIK wins for me.

king_queen
5 hours ago, Planet Mars said:

It makes sense that Beyoncé focused more so on West Africa. It's diasporic and African Americans are West/Central African descent.

This :clap3: 

And lets be honest, the woker than thou African Americans on social media would’ve found a problem had she equally focused Northern and Eastern African countries with West African cultures. Light skinned privilege this, “but what about where African Americans (your Creole ancestors) descended from” that.

Beyonce has been so successful for so long. Everybody wants to see her downfall right now.

I honestly can’t wait until I actually have the time to log onto my computer and delete NoName from my sig.

Nemo

update: still fuming

Tripthelight
17 minutes ago, Destiny said:

It's the 84 Metascore for me :jonny5:

Wow! 84 now :jonny5:

How many more reviews are left to be added? 

benyonce
Just now, Tripthelight said:

Wow! 84 now :jonny5:

How many more reviews are left to be added? 

EeiM1N9UEAA8V1s?format=png&name=small

"Metacritic must see"

c2564c69d4aafd0d1348b8e1319057dc97d05534

SashaDevachelli

I really thought the scene with her in a skin tight leopard suit on the car was the video for Black Parade:monkey:

GodSaveTheQueen
12 minutes ago, Nemo said:

update: still fuming

Why didn’t I ever notice that you can see her reflection??? That makes this even more stunning !!

Tripthelight

I wonder how she feels right now? I’m hope she’s as proud as she’s made so many people feel. :heart2:

I’d love for Disney to continue pushing this film - I want BIK to become completely inescapable. 

mariposa
49 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

In my opinion her part in particular is bad. I don't think you can objectively say a song is good tbh.  

Well i didn't say it's objectively good, but imo it's objectively not mediocre (which is even worse than "bad" :deadbanana2:). I understand the criticism for her verse and even though I don't dislike it myself, I can see why people are underwhelmed by it when she's given better "call to war" verses on songs like Top Off, RTA & Feeling Myself. However, every other verse on that song is very strong especially Tierra Whack's opener so the hate for the song as a whole always baffles me

And now throw in the stellar visual, the song is easily in the upper tier of TG

21 minutes ago, benyonce said:

EeiM1N9UEAA8V1s?format=png&name=small

"Metacritic must see"

Love to see it :clap3:

Destiny

Better :cm:

Timber

Still rising on AM:

10 +6
Beyoncé - The Lion King: The Gift [Deluxe Edition]
63 +5
Beyoncé - The Lion King: The Gift

Timber

Could BIK win Oscars/Emmys? I know Bey wants some, lol.

yonsé

finally got the avi i wanted :gaycat1:

Armani👑
45 minutes ago, Timber said:

Still rising on AM:

10 +6
Beyoncé - The Lion King: The Gift [Deluxe Edition]
63 +5
Beyoncé - The Lion King: The Gift

It was #9 earlier so I guess that will be its repeak

Keith

Can someone make me a Jay Z in Mood 4 Eva avi?

Destiny
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Timber said:

Could BIK win Oscars/Emmys? I know Bey wants some, lol.

Emmys are where it's eligible and where it'll very likely be submitted and nominated, especially if it goes Variety Special... which it most likely will :cm:

Edited by Destiny

SashaDevachelli

I was driving home from work and played Power really loudly, I don’t think I've ever driven so fast and recklessly before. Thank you Bey!

p4xBTC0.gif

G'Day

I knew it would end up in the 80s on Metacritic and it’s so so impressive. The fact that it’s her first film on MC (Homecoming is reviewed as both and Album and TV Series on there and Lemonade only got reviewed on MC as an album) and it’s currently sitting at #12 for most acclaimed film of 2020 WHEW. 

The fact that she has 2 albums in the 90s, a TV series in the 90s and a film + another album in the 80s. Her FILM is more acclaimed than almost everyone’s ALBUMS when that’s all they know how to do.

Also can’t wait until it’s officially certified fresh on RT. 

simon
37 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Emmys are where it's eligible and where it'll very likely be submitted and nominated, especially if it goes Variety Special... which it most likely will :cm:

It is eligible for the Oscars because they are taking streamed movies this year. I prefer the Golden Globes/Oscars.

simon
12 minutes ago, G'Day said:

I knew it would end up in the 80s on Metacritic and it’s so so impressive. The fact that it’s her first film on MC (Homecoming is reviewed as both and Album and TV Series on there and Lemonade only got reviewed on MC as an album) and it’s currently sitting at #12 for most acclaimed film of 2020 WHEW. 

The fact that she has 2 albums in the 90s, a TV series in the 90s and a film + another album in the 80s. Her FILM is more acclaimed than almost everyone’s ALBUMS when that’s all they know how to do.

Also can’t wait until it’s officially certified fresh on RT. 

It only needs 6 more reviews. Hopefully they come tomorrow.