Kisuke

Beyoncé

Tripthelight

Everytime I get to Otherside, I think, “now she about to kill the baby.”

ShouldersSideways
1 minute ago, Tripthelight said:

Savage really did that. She has certainly kept us fed. I still can’t believe Homecoming was just last year.... I fear she’s gonna to take longer than Rihanna for her next album. :jonny2:

At this point, I don't expect that. I've realized at this point there's no limit to what she can do. She's probably been working on B7 since 2016.

--

I don't know if this Vulture review counts, but his last paragraph says it perfectly. https://www.vulture.com/2020/08/beyonce-black-is-king-disney-movie-review.html

But Beyoncé is a singer, songwriter, producer, director, and dancer, not a historian or politician, so it’s hard to say that Black Is King oversteps any boundaries in its simple mission to elevate Black beauty and foster Black unity. As governments fail to even feign empathy for the most vulnerable in society, we have come to lean on benevolent celebrities to follow in Oprah Winfrey’s footsteps and dedicate themselves to bridge gaps, but that’s not in the job description. Black Is King honors the history and culture of Africa and shares screen time and directorial duties with African auteurs. This isn’t your typical pop star putting on airs and parroting other accents or, in the case of Kendrick Lamar’s solid Black Panther album, a lot of American hip-hop artists gracing beats inspired by the music of Africa. It’s an inclusive experience and a gorgeous tale of metaphysical Afrofuturism. For what it is, it’s great. The question once more is: How does she top this?

*-ChriZ-*
4 minutes ago, Tripthelight said:

Everytime I get to Otherside, I think, "now she's going to say goodbye to her unborn child and will imagine a future where she meets him in heaven again."

TheRealBabyDre
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Kisuke said:

c2564c69d4aafd0d1348b8e1319057dc97d05534 

9071f7d2e8b95c9e23edd1e92da52102823f4a88

62bdd4fe319189a626df672ce2e92c24edabc0b1

a97e64114f928652ed483e37b59cfb7750d35c74

bc92c43b18f48765f7bf19a4890e675d84addf27

e9e11c1227dfd21c2f42496f8267b4de7fed77b6

cd1f98693383bce0f8947d35c235cf99257fad04 

Amazing, stunning, glorious.

Lemme grab the bascket and and dance in the bathtub, because Water is on REPLAY.

Edited by TheRealBabyDre

TheRealBabyDre

today i was so proud hearing a new Beyoncé song on the radio here after 100 years.

Kisuke

fa54143d1886e0d1c5d2357169815b987c68102d

300f87d27bde11bc27447a991e6cfbee25c49af0

5cf108ce3304d962e34bb3569a4a78cbddbf35e8

98d846343cb9a89af7b8335eadfdbedad6b38c15

59961fc0244e294c4d6141eef3ee1f7e631ac790

1f0a3b4fcd8745e47e05ff0f583961838cfdc98a

87076fc4532681193097276723e0b2659d21fcfa

Planet Mars

Black/African Twitter has been very defensive of Beyoncé lately, especially the Africans (we have to stan). Even comments from TSR and other such gutter trash have been mostly positive since BIK. I think people are realizing that Beyoncé is truly one of the few actually trying. Get on others for not having the energy or SHUT UP.

Kisuke

*-ChriZ-*
6 minutes ago, Kisuke said:

The way Bey ATE that choreo. Just goes to show how amazing Bey actually is as a dancer.

GodSaveTheQueen

I know this is probably a big ask, but I really want a documentary that details the making of Black Is King. I’d love to see all the hard work, dedications, and intention from all of the contributors.

Pepo
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Kisuke said:

Wait a minute. I think I've never seen this RTA performance before. 

Legend. The way she hits that E5 effortlessly while posing on her hip :jonny5:

Edited by Pepo

SashaDevachelli
40 minutes ago, Tripthelight said:

dddd:deadbanana4:

SickLove

The FYWB segment of the film has really been on replay in my head 24/7 since i saw that. The visuals, the sound design, how she switched up the structure of the song, everything. I'm so happy she didn't end up paying the best track on The Gift dust :party:

nooniebao
58 minutes ago, TheRealBabyDre said:

today i was so proud hearing a new Beyoncé song on the radio here after 100 years.

Where are you from?

TheRealBabyDre
12 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Where are you from?

Romania, i' m pretty rare.

ad5cdaa2132450622ec0444ab75b5c3160806ce6

Nemo

i’ve been super busy and am only watching for the first time tonight i’m so excited :weeps: first time i didn’t watch a Bey premiere at the time in years whew feel like a fake stan. what are some stand out songs? :jonny5:

GodSaveTheQueen

MrLovett
Just now, Nemo said:

i’ve been super busy and am only watching for the first time tonight i’m so excited :weeps: first time i didn’t watch a Bey premiere at the time in years whew feel like a fake stan. what are some stand out songs? :jonny5:

"Find Your Way Back", "My Power" and "Otherside" are my faves. :clap3: You're going to love it sis. The whole thing is exceptional.

mariposa
1 hour ago, Tripthelight said:

My power.

1 hour ago, GodSaveTheQueen said:

I know this is probably a big ask, but I really want a documentary that details the making of Black Is King. I’d love to see all the hard work, dedications, and intention from all of the contributors.

I would love it as well. Imagine if she serves a HC-esque tea for the film's doc and delivers yet another directorial masterpiece next fall :jonny6:

1 hour ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I agree with this.  I don't want to be one of those bases that suddenly turns on publications/reviewers because they aren't fawning over our fav.  

I still think the music on The Gift lacks that punch I expect from Bey.  Bigger is one of the best songs of her career and I think Otherside is great, but the rest of it is just good or in some cases (My Power) mediocre.  Not Beyonce level, in my opinion. 

She's probably gonna win Best Music Film at the GRAMMYs two years in a row unless they snub her.   Black is King hands down deserves it.

Why is MP mediocre to you? I get not liking a song if it's not your taste, but the song is objectively not mediocre. Even its repetitive nature is a feature of the sub-genre she was emulating with the song

yonsé
1 hour ago, GodSaveTheQueen said:

yes same. also to see some of these locations and how they shot some of this stuff. it was a massive undertaking no wonder Beyoncé said she was overwhelmed while making it.

TheRealBabyDre
5 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Find your way back, Water, My Power

Go get blessed.5cf108ce3304d962e34bb3569a4a78cbddbf35e8

yonsé
7 minutes ago, Nemo said:

FIND YOUR WAY BACK / WATER / MY POWER / M4E are the best visuals :jonny6:

omg i wish i could watch it for the first time again, enjoy it :jonny5:

jane

I know Disney wont publish the numbers, but i would love to see how many watched Black is King and what the numbers are for it and Hamilton.

G'Day
1 minute ago, jane said:

I know Disney wont publish the numbers, but i would love to see how many watched Black is King and what the numbers are for it and Hamilton.

Eh it's not even worth it because I'm sure Hamilton's numbers were 10x as big -- it's the biggest musical since Wicked and appealed to a MUCH wider audience

TheRealBabyDre

Her next tour opening should be Nile style.