Kisuke

Beyoncé

PrettyHurts
32 minutes ago, mariposa said:

It truly is. I agree about the sync. swimming, but actually the entire chapter's intro is my favourite in the entire film. The score starting from when the camera stops following Young Simba in the car and lingers on Bey & Dr. Manhattan until when the song actually starts is just :heart2:

This and the stripped hakuna matata were just *chef's kiss*

this was so beautiful in the film :jonny5: 

I can't believe M4E is not the universal standout for everyone. It's such a masterpiece visual

Keith
1 minute ago, PrettyHurts said:

I can't believe M4E is not the universal standout for everyone. It's such a masterpiece visual

It really is.

ObsessedwithBey
1 hour ago, Keith said:

Who is the blue man who appears throughout the film?

This is what I came in here looking for. I want to know as well.

Keith
Just now, ObsessedwithBey said:

@Ressti do you know?

SashaDevachelli

So apparently the woman with the red hair during Keys To The Kingdom passed away before she could see the final product of the film?:dancehall: I’m trying to find her name but that’s what I read on a Hive fan account. That’s so heartbreaking if true...

G'Day

Lowkey does anyone have any clue what the debutante ball in BSG is supposed to be for?

On like my fourth rewatch and I feel like the story and plot are solid up until BSG and then it BSG feels like a huge commercial break (a beautiful one at that) to show off beautiful black women. I feel like in almost all the songs in the film, Bey is playing the role of Simba's spiritual guide, but in BSG she turns it off and is just being Beyonce (same kind of feeling in My Power too, which I've yet to figure out how it services the plot in BIK).

Maybe i'm missing something but BSG visually seems so out of place in terms of storyline (although the video is obviously emotional and beautiful but it feels like a different film). Lowkey feel like even including a couple shots of adult Simba admiring adult Nala's beauty during the song would've made it feel more relevant. 

trainsskyscrapers
8 minutes ago, SashaDevachelli said:

So apparently the woman with the red hair during Keys To The Kingdom passed away before she could see the final product of the film?:dancehall: I’m trying to find her name but that’s what I read on a Hive fan account. That’s so heartbreaking if true...

Her name is Kodak. (or Kodak Picture) She was supposedly dancing in a subsequent music video with wet feet and got electrocuted. :mazen:

The elderly lady who played Rafiki (Mary Twala) also passed away before the film could be completed.

Edited by trainsskyscrapers

trainsskyscrapers
9 minutes ago, G'Day said:

Lowkey feel like even including a couple shots of adult Simba admiring adult Nala's beauty during the song would've made it feel more relevant.

MTE. It needed to tie in a smidge better to the Lion King storyline. 

Keith

I want to watch it again.

SashaDevachelli
12 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Her name is Kodak. (or Kodak Picture) She was supposedly dancing in a subsequent music video with wet feet and got electrocuted. :mazen:

The elderly lady who played Rafiki (Mary Twala) also passed away before the film could be completed.

Yes Kodak! I knew it started with a K... that’s so sad to hear wow... I loved her dancing in the video. Rest in peace for both these beautiful queens

matheusbep
17 minutes ago, G'Day said:

Lowkey does anyone have any clue what the debutante ball in BSG is supposed to be for?

On like my fourth rewatch and I feel like the story and plot are solid up until BSG and then it BSG feels like a huge commercial break (a beautiful one at that) to show off beautiful black women. I feel like in almost all the songs in the film, Bey is playing the role of Simba's spiritual guide, but in BSG she turns it off and is just being Beyonce (same kind of feeling in My Power too, which I've yet to figure out how it services the plot in BIK).

Maybe i'm missing something but BSG visually seems so out of place in terms of storyline (although the video is obviously emotional and beautiful but it feels like a different film). Lowkey feel like even including a couple shots of adult Simba admiring adult Nala's beauty during the song would've made it feel more relevant. 

I think My Power represents the final battle against Sacar, right? going by the intro the blue/red fight scene, the outrk... But yeah, the music video itself is more abstract in its plot, i guess

mariposa
56 minutes ago, G'Day said:

Do you mean the stripped down "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"?

But yes the entire Mood sequence from the car to the chess scene is stunning 

Mess, but yeah that's what I was referring to. The score and sound design was just immaculate. The car engine's roar and the sound of the wheels on the driveway paired with the vocals. A whole masterpiece, I really can't

33 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

I was speechless the first time. Everything in that intro just flowed so nicely. The video is incredible and I love how it's a moment of levity and camp following DJM. In truth, the song itself is what stops it from being the top moment. If M4E gave what BP (extended :eli:) gives, it would be the universal favourite

32 minutes ago, ObsessedwithBey said:

@Keith dr manhattan, been told y'all

mariposa
23 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

RIP to the both of them 

All untimely death is terrible but there's always been something about electrocution and crashes/bombings (instant death) that always chills me to hear about :dancehall3: No one deserves that

mariposa

If B7 don't sound like this, me no want it.

SashaDevachelli

Here is the FYWB BIK version if anyone wants to listen:flower:

BnPac

Today my obsession is Water. :flame:

Starshine
1 hour ago, BnPac said:

Today my obsession is Water. :flame:

That scene of BDay Bey on the stream of water with that giant ass bucket on her head was the most gorgeous part. :jonny6:

Ressti
6 hours ago, Keith said:

@Ressti do you know?

Well I posted my thoughts a while back, but ofcourse I dont know for sure.

I think the blue dancers are suppose to be like the Nummo of the Dogon. Primordial water spirits. They come from the stars. We did see a star falling as well.

But I also think the body paint work is a nod to Woodrow Nash, whose work we see in My Power.

SashaDevachelli

The mental gymnastics to claim that because Bey wears blonde wigs and doesn't show her natural hair (which is false)  means she’s anti-black:deadbanana4: the gorls really try to come up with the most random sh*t to hate on her, even if it doesn't make sense:rip: 

MagnificentGivingIbadanmalimbe-small.gif

Destiny
7 hours ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

No she died a month ago... July 4th.

Destiny

The way I just watched it again for like... the 15th time :jonny5:

xoforlife

imagine the new cover on a vinyl, that would be AMAZING ugh :jonny6:

Kisuke

Hilly
4 hours ago, SashaDevachelli said:

Here is the FYWB BIK version if anyone wants to listen:flower:

Omg THANK YOU!!! The last seconds are heavenly 

Kisuke

Its in the dutch papers too, ofcourse praise.

I feel like this project is making her even more respected :jonny5:

Also the expectations for b7 after homecoming and black is :jonny5: