• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TattooedDreams

• Duca

• slw84

• IAMRodrigo

8 hours ago, Taylor. said:

Anything below 1M would be a disappointment. I’m sure he’ll reach it with the SB and all! :heart2: 

Agreed. He will have the biggest first week promotion EVER. 

He's also done 1 million basically three times before. People predicting 250K are implying he's completely washed up!

How can you think he'll do 1M?

Ya'll are probably just saying this so you can drag him later

Great album

2 minutes ago, Goofy said:

1 M? Are y'all out of ur minds? He'll do 400-500K max

nope they're just trolling so they can say "OMG FLOP TANK" etc. and have the time of their lives :) 

19 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Agreed. He will have the biggest first week promotion EVER. 

He's also done 1 million basically three times before. People predicting 250K are implying he's completely washed up!

What are you on about? :deadbanana2: 

Just now, CaptainMusic said:

Nsync it’s true but the times have changed. Everyone else from his gen barely crosses 150k first week sans him, Beyoncé and P!nk. 

1 minute ago, CaptainMusic said:

NSYNC did it twice, and 20/20 Experience did 950K+. 

10 minutes ago, Hanzo said:

How can you think he'll do 1M?

Ya'll are probably just saying this so you can drag him later

Great album

Well, he’s performing in front of like 150 million people across all formats (TV, stream etc.). I would be a bit disappointed if he couldn’t get near 1 million of those people to buy the album and I’m a JT fan who doesn’t want him to get dragged. I think anything around 400-600k would still be great tho.

Nobody has ever really dropped an album the same week they did the Super Bowl tho so the boost is pretty much impossible to predict. Could be huge or could be relatively little. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. 

Edited by TSLGNMA

5 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

.....Not to mention Bruno shut people up by having an era with longevity and legs. It's been over a year since the era started and the album is still top 10 on Billboard with its 4th single in the top 5 and its first 2 singles still in the top 100 on Spotify and iTunes, so he made his first week irrelevant. Justin doesn't seem to be heading down the same road, making his first week all the more important

brunos era existed only in the USA. ww it simply didnt exist.

his first single was a mediocre local hit, the second one did better (though only in the usa), third one flopped. 

Finesse is a remix with a hottest new act on the scene right now. And his album is back to top 10 due to finesse remix and grammys boost.

6 minutes ago, www said:

his first single was a mediocre local hit, the second one did better (though only in the usa), third one flopped. 

Finesse is a remix with a hottest new act on the scene right now. And his album is back to top 10 due to finesse remix and grammys boost.

Thats what i like & Finnesse are very known in Europe tbh

5 minutes ago, iHype. said:

NSYNC did it twice, and 20/20 Experience did 950K+. 

Oh yeah I always forget about NSYNC :rip: 

Anyway, I think the first predictions will be around 300K-350K SPS but I agree with this:

7 minutes ago, TSLGNMA said:

Nobody has ever really dropped an album the same week they did the Super Bowl tho so the boost is pretty much impossible to predict. Could be huge or could be relatively little. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. 

His latest single just freefell. 1M copies opening week is unrealistic. 

Just now, GreatCoolBright said:

Thats what i like & Finnesse are very known in Europe tbh

TWIL was a huge flop outside the U.S let's not 

5 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

ATRL dragged Bruno for the 231k SPS, iirc. Most members called him out for his lack of star power and a loyal fanbase. Timberlake has the Superbowl, where he'll perform one or two of the album's songs in front of 120M people on release week , plus he's more established, he's been around longer and, unlike Bruno who's never had a gigantic first week, he's had big openings before. Outdoing Bruno has to be a given. He should be able to easily double him. Not to mention Bruno shut people up by having an era with longevity and legs. It's been over a year since the era started and the album is still top 10 on Billboard with its 4th single in the top 5 and its first 2 singles still in the top 100 on Spotify and iTunes, so he made his first week irrelevant. Justin doesn't seem to be heading down the same road, making his first week all the more important

Being around longer is a disadvantage not an advantage like your making out.

Bruno debuted 14 years after JT and performed at 2 Superbowls before 24K magic, he's the one that should be doubling JT's numbers, not the other way around. :rip: 

JT will easily outdo Bruno's poor first week numbers anyway so whatever.

6 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Bruno debuted 14 years after JT and performed at 2 Superbowls before 24K magic, he's the one that should be doubling JT's numbers, not the other way around. :rip: 

This on all AlL all. Thanks. 

Plus to release on the holiday season vs.  the worst month of the year. 

Edited by omrimayo

38 minutes ago, www said:

It didn't perform as well worldwide, but it still spawned 2 cute hits and had solid sales and a gigantic tour. His first 2 singles were US smashes (not hits) and still selling, streaming and getting airplay. As for the Cardi remix, Finesse is smashing in several countries where Cardi doesn't have any power or pull. I agree that she breathed new life in it and is a great part of its success (and quality), but it's not successful solely because of her. As for his album, it's #10 without the Grammy boost, which will affect next week's chart and which, I'm sensing, MOTW won't get to enjoy. It was also #11 the week before and that's after it was already the second most successful album of 2017 ; a calendar year that doesn't even include the album's debut. It's also not panned.

Anyway, my point about him being brought up remains that he was dragged for his 231k opening (and I agree it was subpar) so using him to normalize a potential similar opening by Timberlake, who's doing Superbowl during his release week promoting music from the album is ludicrous. He's not supposed to be the standard. My personal prediction for MOTW is 440 - 470k anyway, so the 231k was irrelevant to me. I was just surprised people were trying to predict 300k as a respectable figure. And still am.

16 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

For hits and relevance, sure. For album sales, I consider a long career to be an advantage. But eh... I get your point. The situation (and the standards) would be different if the album didn't come out 2 days before the Superbowl. That devalues any Bruno comparison.

7 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

How you finish the race is what's important, and Bruno at the end has succeeded and 24k magic era has transferred his career into a higher level. :celestial5:

not Bruno comparisons already, you all hate me

xHzF1rN.gif

He’s doing like 600K max and then freefalling, his streaming is not doing well. 

23 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

THIS! I'm sick of his fans. He had UPTOWN FUNK and SUPER BOWL all before 24K Magic and was blocked at #2 by Metallica and then Starboy. His era was a nice success but they need to stop being so brave. JT is almost a legend. He's been around for 22 years. His success with his group and as a solo artist, not to mention the impact and innovation from each era is magnificent. He is an albums artist and keeps the focus on the art. You guys can stay pressed forever. 8 years in anything can happen.

Edited by TattooedDreams

8 minutes ago, IVY said:

How you finish the race is what's important, and Bruno at the end has succeeded and 24k magic era has transferred his career into a higher level. :celestial5:

Good for him but the fact that he has yet to open with more than 250K proves he still doesn't have a loyal fanbase which is what you need if you're going to last 22 years in the industry like JT has.

And the 24K Magic era was very local and a huge decline from his last era so I fail to see how it's done much for his career, undeserved Grammys aren't everything.

1 hour ago, TSLGNMA said:

Well, he’s performing in front of like 150 million people across all formats (TV, stream etc.). I would be a bit disappointed if he couldn’t get near 1 million of those people to buy the album and I’m a JT fan who doesn’t want him to get dragged. I think anything around 400-600k would still be great tho.

You have a point. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he will do small numbers, but I don't think he will do 1m

And I say this as a Justin fan and i think that the album is great 

Edited by Hanzo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.