Final: #1 JT 243k/296k

Duca

I hate being this person, but isn't this kinda bad for releasing week of your half time show??

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TattooedDreams

• Duca

• slw84

• IAMRodrigo

Seriously is this a record??? like a major decline after the Superbowl. I am gobsmacked

tumblr_n7mvtf2Th01t49515o1_250.gif

23 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

Not to make this about her, but this is hardly the same as 4 era. Along with the music just not connecting with mainstream JT is being crucified everywhere, some of the criticism is warranted but not all of it. Bey hasn’t really ever had almost every publication unanimously pan a performance and album. 

I do do agree with you that his ignorance about certain things doesn’t work well in this social media era. He’s used to being able to walk the fence and that just doesn’t cut it anymore.

Yes she has :priceless: B’Day era, she was probably one of the most hated from movie critics to online critics but it definitely reached a level during that era cause the whole “she faked her pregnancy” scandal and she was basically pushed to the side for EDM chasers 

Edited by MrBeyonceFan

5 minutes ago, MrBeyonceFan said:

All these stans from TRL artists era laughed at Bey during 4 and taunted everyone so from this to now when 4 has a billion plays on Spotify and 3.5 Million sold WW without hits I....

I rly don’t wanna make it about her but there’s a reason people keep bringing her up so often in here :dies: She was arguably the first of her generation to stumble in the 10s but looking back it was a great era that sold decently anyway.

This endless string of bombs from the same gen of artists has really put into perspective how overblown the 4lop thing was.

EDIT: okay second after Xtina’s Bionic redefined the word flop a year before

Edited by Doogle

37 minutes ago, Chemical X. said:

I’ve said for ages that JT doing the SB would be a mistake. Not only is it unfair to Janet, but it gives the perfect opportunity to revisit nipplegate and every other wrong-doing of his career. It’s the one thing he could do that would shine a spotlight on negativity. But he and his team were arrogant enough to think he was so beloved that no one would care about Janet, even including Rock Your Body in his setlist. The fact that he didn’t combat the performance with great music and a great show only makes the situation worse. 

The other issue is that a whole generation of kids has grown up without the huge, impactful JT that most of us remember. They don’t even know his digital shorts/comedy stuff. The long break between FS/LS and 20/20 guaranteed that they aren’t endeared towards him whatsoever. If you look online now, his biggest fans are definitely on the older side, even middle-ages. It’s really interesting and kinda sad. I drag him all the time but his legacy is so tarnished despite FS/LS being such an incredible era.

It really does put into perspective the whole Usher vs. JT thing too. This era kinda proves that he isn't so far above Usher in respectability with the general public.

Edited by Cap10Planet

not his boost being negative :jonny4:

1 minute ago, MrBeyonceFan said:

Yes she has :priceless: B’Day she probably one of the most hated from movie critics to online critics but it definitely reached a level during that era cause the whole “she faked her pregnancy” scandal and she was basically pushed to the side for EDM chasers 

4 wasn't critically panned though. Man of the Woods is.

1 minute ago, Doogle said:

I rly don’t wanna make it about her but there’s a reason people keep bringing her up so often in here :dies: She was arguably the first of her generation to stumble in the 10s but looking back it was a great era that sold decently anyway.

This endless string of bombs from the same gen of artists has really put into perspective how overblown the 4lop thing was.

She sure was and everyone laughed at her cause she couldn’t get a Top 10 

8 minutes ago, Henstridge said:

He's the most hated pop star in the world right now and bad word of mouth really hurts your sales. 

His tour is still doing amazing and he's getting his coins, but he should move on from this era really soon and wait until the hate bandwagon is on some other artist

Miley was most hated with Bangerz in 2013 and she did more than this and there was no SPS around to help her #s.

Plus she didn't perform for an audience of 100M+ viewers DAYS before she released the album.

Flawed logic. 

xHzF1rN.gif

Edited by Miley Cyrus

24 minutes ago, Nikolai. said:

Not down 100k

r935gpE9eVtYUBusfnqGDXA10Z_wM-5mmify6ONz

I hate you...LOL

27 minutes ago, Fruity said:

CSTF definitely harmed him. It's not cool at all. It basically represented his transition away from being remotely current into an HAC artist. 

To stay HUGE despite being a veteran pop artist you need stay young and innovative to ensure the hype from an older generation actually transfers across and trickles down to the teenagers, like with Beyonce. Justin has completely failed to do that, like he's completely lost his edge. Even 20/20 pt 2 was kinda showing signs of this. Filthy was actually kind of on the right track again (in terms of sound) but unfortunately for him it's clearly not a hit. Pop radio rejected it :toofunny2: He didn't have the power or radio clout to make a noisy, unattractive song a hit like Taylor did.

Isn't "Can't Stop The Feeling" his biggest hit to date, though?

1 minute ago, Cap10Planet said:

4 wasn't critically panned though. Man of the Woods is.

I mean we’ve seen albums that are but still do amazing (Ed being the biggest one)

it's the music! music is not good. it's not connecting with people. Girl i have every JT album and even i didn't like this one :deadbanana:

38 minutes ago, rihsus said:

sis can you stop mentioning me in those games thread. I don't want to play 

cackling at how this came out of nowhere :deadbanana4:

The Timberlake Stans (who...literally I have never seen before like a month ago) have been a mess all week 

Just now, Cap10Planet said:

Isn't "Can't Stop The Feeling" his biggest hit to date, though?

Yeh I guess so (according to the charts) which is why I feel it was so important to his career direction.

I think you can have a song that's a big commercial success but still leads you the wrong way from a branding perspective.

6 minutes ago, Miley Cyrus said:

Miley was most hated with Bangerz in 2013 and she did more than this and there was no SPS around to help her #s.

Plus she didn't perform for an audience of 100M+ viewers DAYS before she released the album.

Flawed logic. 

xHzF1rN.gif

Flawed logic is you comparing a 2013 album to a 2018 one. She also had two massive hits.

But that still doesn't help JT tho.

Edited by JBJT2786

8 minutes ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

not his boost being negative :jonny4:

I think this is a record because most people get boosts from that platform. No one ever answered my question if anyone received a decline in sales after this type of platform.

106M people is a lot of people to promote to...hopefully he has a few hits left for the era

Edited by slw84

The only similarity between 4 and this is that Beyoncé started to lose her pop appeal with that album. Her songs were failing to crossover, and it became her least selling album ever. But that's when critics started really taking notice of her albums as a whole. She really went up in critical acclaim from there. This is one of those hindsight situations where the 4 "flop" was overstated. Even the retro streams for that album is pretty impressive.

1 minute ago, slw84 said:

I think this is a record because most people get boosts from that platform. No one ever answered my question if anyone received a decline in sales after this type of platform.

106M people is a lot of people to promote to...hopefully he has a few hits left for the era

I think his biggest flaw is releasing it on the same weekend. Everyone esle had a boost because they were performing old material. If he just released Filthy it's one thing but release a whole album when the common GP don't know you having/ have an album out?:rip:

14 minutes ago, MrBeyonceFan said:

All these stans from TRL artists era laughed at Bey during 4 and taunted everyone so from this to now when 4 has a billion plays on Spotify and 3.5 Million sold WW without hits I....

Right! Most can't even sell that now.

1 minute ago, JBJT2786 said:

I think his biggest flaw is releasing it on the same weekend. Everyone esle had a boost because they were performing old material. If he just released Filthy it's one thing but release a whole album when the common GP don't know you having/ have an album out?:rip:

I actually thought this was the smartest tactic releasing but in the end the music isn't great so promo no longer persuades people to jump. NOt in the streaming era

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.