Top Posters In This Topic

• TattooedDreams

• Duca

• slw84

• IAMRodrigo

15 minutes ago, rihsus said:

sis can you stop mentioning me in those games thread. I don't want to play 

:ahh: 

Precisely why I have ATRL's WP Magnet blocked. He tags me too.

4 minutes ago, Green said:

2. Migos (Quality Control/Motown/Capitol) 90-95k, 4-5k

I know streaming is the future and blah blah but this is ridiculous :toofunny2: 

Nothing ridiculous. Streaming isn't the future, it's the present.

SAY SOMETHING 

Woo the numbers dropped? Cot damn.

19 minutes ago, rihsus said:

:jonny: 

But look on the bright side, at least JT can always retreat to Vegas

dLGGQ4S.jpg

This is the sign that he should consider becoming a Vegas act.

For his next album, he should get new producers and co-writers. He has exhausted everything he can possibly do with Timbaland and the Neptunes.

3 minutes ago, Henstridge said:

This numbers are indeed awful, but I wouldn't get so brave if none of my faves could do half of this, but get your kiis ATRL :toofunny2: 

250/275k in 2018 isn't that bad, but is there any excuse for going from 1M ->270 with a Super Bowl Performance?

25 minutes ago, zach said:

I don’t think CSTF hurt his brand any. But yes, it definitely did kill his hype because he benefits from taking long breaks to shifting more albums.

This look and theme for the album came at a really bad time honestly. :deadbanana2:  But I think he’ll be able to bounce back just fine.

I think it did, to be honest. He isn't that cool anymore and that kiddie song helped to destroy his image. IMO. 

22 minutes ago, Chemical X. said:

I’ve said for ages that JT doing the SB would be a mistake. Not only is it unfair to Janet, but it gives the perfect opportunity to revisit nipplegate and every other wrong-doing of his career. It’s the one thing he could do that would shine a spotlight on negativity. But he and his team were arrogant enough to think he was so beloved that no one would care about Janet, even including Rock Your Body in his setlist. The fact that he didn’t combat the performance with great music and a great show only makes the situation worse. 

The other issue is that a whole generation of kids has grown up without the huge, impactful JT that most of us remember. They don’t even know his digital shorts/comedy stuff. The long break between FS/LS and 20/20 guaranteed that they aren’t endeared towards him whatsoever. If you look online now, his biggest fans are definitely on the older side, even middle-ages. It’s really interesting and kinda sad. I drag him all the time but his legacy is so tarnished despite FS/LS being such an incredible era.

:clap3:

I would also add that Prince tribute or whatever that was...He threw a shade at him in the past...Ppl REMEMBER.

Are you OK, @Duca

24 minutes ago, rihsus said:

I am in tears at this thread :ahh: 

36 minutes ago, JustActinUP said:

I think the interesting here is, Beyoncé already went through that phase of falling out with mainstream ( 4 era), but she bounced back and got bigger. Justin Timberlake is just beginning to experience that downfall. Plus for  so long, Justin Timberlake has been given free passes for his foolery. Well, It's a new era in social media,  the free rides are over, and he can no longer get by with his ignorance. 

All these stans from TRL artists era laughed at Bey during 4 and taunted everyone so from this to now when 4 has a billion plays on Spotify and 3.5 Million sold WW without hits I....

In this music climate good numbers for others but not good for him. I would be disappointed for him but then I remember he probably has a couple of hundreds of millions of dollars.  Go on his tour and he’s going to have to Reevaluate things. 

28 minutes ago, Chemical X. said:

I’ve said for ages that JT doing the SB would be a mistake. Not only is it unfair to Janet, but it gives the perfect opportunity to revisit nipplegate and every other wrong-doing of his career. It’s the one thing he could do that would shine a spotlight on negativity. But he and his team were arrogant enough to think he was so beloved that no one would care about Janet, even including Rock Your Body in his setlist. The fact that he didn’t combat the performance with great music and a great show only makes the situation worse. 

The other issue is that a whole generation of kids has grown up without the huge, impactful JT that most of us remember. They don’t even know his digital shorts/comedy stuff. The long break between FS/LS and 20/20 guaranteed that they aren’t endeared towards him whatsoever. If you look online now, his biggest fans are definitely on the older side, even middle-ages. It’s really interesting and kinda sad. I drag him all the time but his legacy is so tarnished despite FS/LS being such an incredible era.

Looks like JayZ declining the NFL's offer of doing the SB was the worst thing to happen to JT's career. I thought Jay Z was his friend...he really set him up.

15 minutes ago, Green said:

2. Migos (Quality Control/Motown/Capitol) 90-95k, 4-5k

I know streaming is the future and blah blah but this is ridiculous :toofunny2: 

Streaming being so big isn't surprising or as ridiculous as it used to be :cm:

You know what is ridiculous though? The fact that people listen to their music or even think it's good, now that is what I call ridiculous and tragic :rip:

This album was probably rushed cause of the Super Bowl and that’s why it hasn’t connected with ppl. Myself I only gave it one listen and I hate the singles lol

After being watched by over 100m people, i wouldn't imagine these numbers taking a nosedive like this. :deadbanana:

1 minute ago, MrBeyonceFan said:

All these stans from TRL artists era laughed at Bey during 4 and taunted everyone so from this to now when 4 has a billion plays on Spotify and 3.5 Million sold WW without hits I....

okdxSY7.jpg

Taylor was the most hated throughout all of 2016 and 2017 and still did 1,2M first week :deadbanana: 

Edited by Toxicity.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.