• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TattooedDreams

• Duca

• slw84

• IAMRodrigo

7 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

:deadbanana2: This is gonna get messy

I would be worried about Karma, but my fave is Rihanna. There's no such thig as Karma for a BADGAL. 

giphy.gif

@Duca

• ATRL Moderator

Duca boasting for 5 years about Justin's selling power and then seeing these numbers:

Man-Falls-Trying-to-Push-Dog.gif

9 minutes ago, Chemical X. said:

I’ve said for ages that JT doing the SB would be a mistake. Not only is it unfair to Janet, but it gives the perfect opportunity to revisit nipplegate and every other wrong-doing of his career. It’s the one thing he could do that would shine a spotlight on negativity. But he and his team were arrogant enough to think he was so beloved that no one would care about Janet, even including Rock Your Body in his setlist. The fact that he didn’t combat the performance with great music and a great show only makes the situation worse. 

Tea ☕️ 

20 minutes ago, Chemical X. said:

I’ve said for ages that JT doing the SB would be a mistake. Not only is it unfair to Janet, but it gives the perfect opportunity to revisit nipplegate and every other wrong-doing of his career. It’s the one thing he could do that would shine a spotlight on negativity. But he and his team were arrogant enough to think he was so beloved that no one would care about Janet, even including Rock Your Body in his setlist. The fact that he didn’t combat the performance with great music and a great show only makes the situation worse. 

The other issue is that a whole generation of kids has grown up without the huge, impactful JT that most of us remember. They don’t even know his digital shorts/comedy stuff. The long break between FS/LS and 20/20 guaranteed that they aren’t endeared towards him whatsoever. If you look online now, his biggest fans are definitely on the older side, even middle-ages. It’s really interesting and kinda sad. I drag him all the time but his legacy is so tarnished despite FS/LS being such an incredible era.

Spill that tea sis :clap3: Him and his team really did think he was untouchable :rip: The President of Pop is becoming the President of Flop

Edited by Mezter

Unbelievably tragic. :rip:

11 minutes ago, Chemical X. said:

The other issue is that a whole generation of kids has grown up without the huge, impactful JT that most of us remember. They don’t even know his digital shorts/comedy stuff. The long break between FS/LS and 20/20 guaranteed that they aren’t endeared towards him whatsoever. If you look online now, his biggest fans are definitely on the older side, even middle-ages. It’s really interesting and kinda sad. I drag him all the time but his legacy is so tarnished despite FS/LS being such an incredible era.

Perfection explanation. As soon as he was announced, I knew that it wouldn’t be a good idea. :deadbanana2: I think that he really needs to switch it up with next album to get him out of this. And not take so ****ing long to release it either.

13 minutes ago, Chemical X. said:

I agree.

1 minute ago, zach said:

I don’t think CSTF hurt his brand any. But yes, it definitely did kill his hype because he benefits from taking long breaks to shifting more albums.

This look and theme for the album came at a really bad time honestly. :deadbanana2:  But I think he’ll be able to bounce back just fine.

CSTF definitely harmed him. It's not cool at all. It basically represented his transition away from being remotely current into an HAC artist. 

To stay HUGE despite being a veteran pop artist you need stay young and innovative to ensure the hype from an older generation actually transfers across and trickles down to the teenagers, like with Beyonce. Justin has completely failed to do that, like he's completely lost his edge. Even 20/20 pt 2 was kinda showing signs of this. Filthy was actually kind of on the right track again (in terms of sound) but unfortunately for him it's clearly not a hit. Pop radio rejected it :toofunny2: He didn't have the power or radio clout to make a noisy, unattractive song a hit like Taylor did.

15 minutes ago, JustActinUP said:

I think the interesting here is, Beyoncé already went through that phase of falling out with mainstream ( 4 era), but she bounced back and got bigger. Justin Timberlake is just beginning to experience that downfall. Plus for  so long, Justin Timberlake has been given free passes for his foolery. Well, It's a new era in social media,  the free rides are over, and he can no longer get by with his ignorance. 

Not to make this about her, but this is hardly the same as 4 era. Along with the music just not connecting with mainstream JT is being crucified everywhere, some of the criticism is warranted but not all of it. Bey hasn’t really ever had almost every publication unanimously pan a performance and album. 

I do do agree with you that his ignorance about certain things doesn’t work well in this social media era. He’s used to being able to walk the fence and that just doesn’t cut it anymore.

1 minute ago, Mezter said:

Spill that tea sis :clap3: Him and his team really did think he was untouchable :rip: The President of Pop is becoming the President of Flop

One minor setback doesn’t end all your accolades especially not this far in :rip:  he earned the right to experiment but anyways super bowl lowkey was a mistake and I said that long ago but thought he wouldn’t deal with all this hate. Anyways I’ve posted enough her. Enjoy your kiis. 

OMG. Not another prediction tumble. :lmao: 

Not the Superbowl dropping his numbers :skull: 

Literally how? :rip:

I feel bad for him. He's unbelievably talented and hard working

Didn’t @TattooedDreams@Duca and the white gays that thought defending JT would make them masculine (it didn’t) tell us that the Super Bowl would have him ‘coming for Ed numbers. Above Drake hihi :gaycat1:

Explain. now.

:rip: sad 

2. Migos (Quality Control/Motown/Capitol) 90-95k, 4-5k

I know streaming is the future and blah blah but this is ridiculous :toofunny2: 

You know it’s bad when even the stans who this past week kept gloating are starting to fall back. 

Also @Duca you can choke in your own words now :celestial4: 

And in other news Beyoncé’s 4 crossed 1 billion streams this week so :alexz2:

11 minutes ago, rihsus said:

sis can you stop mentioning me in those games thread. I don't want to play 

On 2/2/2018 at 5:32 PM, americanlife said:

I'm expecting over 1.4 million due to SB boost.

:ahh: 

\

3 minutes ago, Mezter said:

The President of Pop is becoming the President of Flop

RUTHLESS........:skull:

@Duca Where are you?

I'm getting worried.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.