Final: #1 JT 243k/296k

Duca

3 minutes ago, Shelter said:

It's karma at it's finest. Enjoy it

Did you forget 20/20 pt 2. That was the beginning. 

You're right. That was the beginning of the end. Completely forgot about that album. It was such a non-event.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TattooedDreams

• Duca

• slw84

• IAMRodrigo

12 minutes ago, Mezter said:

It is, because no one started really coming for him hard until he was anounced as the Superbowl Halftime performer. 10+ years of praising him and leaving Janet in the dust...but then the media just decided to come for him? I think it's pretty strange, but I'm not complaining at all. 

Image result for it's what she deserves

I’ve said for ages that JT doing the SB would be a mistake. Not only is it unfair to Janet, but it gives the perfect opportunity to revisit nipplegate and every other wrong-doing of his career. It’s the one thing he could do that would shine a spotlight on negativity. But he and his team were arrogant enough to think he was so beloved that no one would care about Janet, even including Rock Your Body in his setlist. The fact that he didn’t combat the performance with great music and a great show only makes the situation worse. 

The other issue is that a whole generation of kids has grown up without the huge, impactful JT that most of us remember. They don’t even know his digital shorts/comedy stuff. The long break between FS/LS and 20/20 guaranteed that they aren’t endeared towards him whatsoever. If you look online now, his biggest fans are definitely on the older side, even middle-ages. It’s really interesting and kinda sad. I drag him all the time but his legacy is so tarnished despite FS/LS being such an incredible era.

4 minutes ago, rihsus said:

S6s8Iwv.gif

tumblr_lzys9dfix21qg5t77o1_500.gif

the kiii is that i actually didn't dislike JT's album and I also like his music better than Bruno's.

Just now, JustActinUP said:

You're right. That was the beginning of the end. Completely forgot about that album. It was such a non-event.

:deadbanana: Most did. 

1 minute ago, Blade Runner said:

Can't Stop the Feeling killed his hype. It was a successful song of course, but it hurt his brand in the long run. 

And Filthy, obviously. Terrible lead single.

I don’t think CSTF hurt his brand any. But yes, it definitely did kill his hype because he benefits from taking long breaks to shifting more albums.

This look and theme for the album came at a really bad time honestly. :deadbanana2:  But I think he’ll be able to bounce back just fine.

15 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Have to say @Duca deserves all the draggings from bad sales to ratings. He enjoyed it happening to others :rip:

6 minutes ago, RastaMentality said:

@Duca told us bey and JT are the only artists who consistently debut over 300k. and well it seems that’s not the case today.  @TattooedDreams

5 minutes ago, Beyoncé Knowles said:

Hey @Duca:)

4 minutes ago, Soylent Green said:

Don't feel bad for him... He is one of the shadiest * * * * on ATRL.

He likes seeing others losing so it's only right that he takes a huge L.

@Duca

Not yall playing hot potato with that JT stan's wig just on the last 2 pages alone ffff

On 3.02.2018 at 0:32 AM, americanlife said:

I'm expecting over 1.4 million due to SB boost.

Oh.

1 minute ago, Chemical X. said:

I’ve said for ages that JT doing the SB would be a mistake. Not only is it unfair to Janet, but it gives the perfect opportunity to revisit nipplegate and every other wrong-doing of his career. It’s the one thing he could do that would shine a spotlight on negativity. But he and his team were arrogant enough to think he was so beloved that no one would care about Janet, even including Rock Your Body in his setlist. The fact that he didn’t combat the performance with great music and a great show only makes the situation worse. 

I've been really wondering what happened over the last few weeks with JT and you might be right. Even I thought, after they announced him as a HFS headliner, he would do great and people will love it no matter what. His performance was weak, the response was bad and now this. WOW. 

5 minutes ago, ATRL's WP Magnet said:

:rip:

You know what... 

sis can you stop mentioning me in those games thread. I don't want to play 

5 minutes ago, Shelter said:

:deadbanana: Most did. 

It’s still platinum and Grammy nominated with a top 10 kiii

12 minutes ago, rihsus said:

S6s8Iwv.gif

:ahh:

Just now, TattooedDreams said:

It’s still platinum and Grammy nominated with a top 10 kiii

What song, I don't remember. 

6 minutes ago, Chemical X. said:

The other issue is that a whole generation of kids has grown up without the huge, impactful JT that most of us remember. They don’t even know his digital shorts/comedy stuff. The long break between FS/LS and 20/20 guaranteed that they aren’t endeared towards him whatsoever. If you look online now, his biggest fans are definitely on the older side, even middle-ages. It’s really interesting and kinda sad. I drag him all the time but his legacy is so tarnished despite FS/LS being such an incredible era.

Wow this is actually a perfect explanation for what’s happening :deadbanana4:

9 minutes ago, JustActinUP said:

Beyoncé is truly the last one standing, from the TRL generation. It's interesting to see all the stanbases that mocked Beyoncé during 4 era, watching their faves flop miserably.

tumblr_lzys9dfix21qg5t77o1_500.gif

13 minutes ago, rihsus said:

S6s8Iwv.gif

Oh,,, :dies:

@Duca How you doin'?!

L3xgpUJ.gif

9 minutes ago, JustActinUP said:

Beyoncé is truly the last one standing, from the TRL generation. It's interesting to see all the stanbases that mocked Beyoncé during 4 era, watching their faves flop miserably.

P!nk is still standing. Her debut album was in 2000 and she was part of the TRL generation. so is Shakira. :sorry: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.