Final: #1 JT 243k/296k

Duca

Its pretty decent. Only disappointing if you compare to his past glory. But I think we're seeing a lot of old school artists starting to fall from relevance in this whole streaming switch over. We need to stop expecting them to keep selling what they sold in the past. its not realistic. All artists start to fade at some point. JT is still up there having hits and mixing it with todays biggest newer acts. 22 years in the game. How many of them could debut with these numbers?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TattooedDreams

• Duca

• slw84

• Miley Cyrus

1 hour ago, Rentboy said:

Its pretty decent. Only disappointing if you compare to his past glory. But I think we're seeing a lot of old school artists starting to fall from relevance in this whole streaming switch over. We need to stop expecting them to keep selling what they sold in the past. its not realistic. All artists start to fade at some point. JT is still up there having hits and mixing it with todays biggest newer acts. 22 years in the game. How many of them could debut with these numbers?

I would agree with you but the Super Bowl didn’t even give him a sales boost. That’s over 100 million people watching. Even Grammy artists got sales boosts and the Grammys had their lowest ratings ever. It’s safe to say that this is quite disappointing.

JT 300-350k without SB boost; update on Monday after SB

Monday after SB:

HDD: #1 JT 315-325k

TPUETua.gif

Usually I would say these are good numbers for 2018 because they are, but in this case specifically, it's very underwhelming considering he had a Super Bowl boost IMO 

1 minute ago, D_Man3379 said:

Is this a first? SB having a negative effect on sales? 

The SB didn't have a negative effect on his sales. Duca incorrectly assumed that the original 300-350k didn't factor in the halftime show. HDD did consider it as a factor, but overestimated its effect.

3 minutes ago, Divine said:

The SB didn't have a negative effect on his sales. Duca incorrectly assumed that the original 300-350k didn't factor in the halftime show. HDD did consider it as a factor, but overestimated its effect.

Ah I see. 

On 2/2/2018 at 6:32 PM, americanlife said:

I'm expecting over 1.4 million due to SB boost.

edit: I guess not :skull:

:rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip:

What was I thinking

not the numbers dropping after the Super Bowl :deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2:

oh well at least his tour will be huge I guess :skull:

13 minutes ago, Henstridge said:

Wasn't 17k the biggest Superbowl boost ever? And that was with a discount.

Superbowl helps you sell singles, not albums.

Also people, 300k-350k isn't the same thing as 350k, they were just vague

The lower end actually increased to 315k so idk why this is being a big deal..... 

4 minutes ago, TattooedDreams said:

The lower end actually increased to 315k so idk why this is being a big deal..... 

He performed in front of 200 million people. That's the big deal.

7 minutes ago, TattooedDreams said:

That's not the story. The reality is people were expecting a real Super Bowl Bounce and that is not unrealistic at all. Having zero bounce is not a good look for Justin well for anyone really.

Edited by Adonis

These numbers are mediocre, just like his album and Super Bowl performance. 

49 minutes ago, Henstridge said:

Wasn't 17k the biggest Superbowl boost ever? And that was with a discount.

Superbowl helps you sell singles, not albums.

Also people, 300k-350k isn't the same thing as 350k, they were just vague

Bruno Mars' Unorthodox Jukebox sold around 80k~. and dead at Superbowl not being a promo for albums :rip: in award shows they usually only let you perform one song :toofunny2: . Of course it's unrealistic to expect a 200k+ boost from the Superbowl but releasing an album  the week performing on Superbowl was a first, so we can't really compare.

Edited by Tremor Christ

Superbowl promo can only get you 300k nowadays and a number 2 on itunes.... sales really are dead. Either that or his star has fallen. His album came out the week of the superbowl so I expected blockbuster numbers. Most artists release way before or way after and only get a boost 

Edited by MelfestKpop

Its not terrible but I'm a little surprised that he isn't pulling 500k

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.