Whitney Houston

materialboy

fan_art_whitney_houston_28640710_500_200

Whitney Elizabeth Houston (August 9, 1963 – February 11, 2012)

Career highlights:

-Whitney Houston held the record for the highest one-week single sales by a female artist, with 632,000 copies sold of "I Will Always Love You"

-"I Will Always Love You" was certified 4× platinum for shipments of over 4 million copies by the RIAA on January 12, 1993, making Houston the only and first female artist with a physical single to reach that level in the RIAA history. As of 2009, the single sold 4,591,000 copies in the United States, and is the best-selling single by a female artist, and overall the second

-The Bodyguard Original Soundtrack Album set a record for the most albums sold in a single week, with sales of 1,061,000 copies during Christmas week of 1992, becoming the first album sold over 1 million in one week

-The Bodyguard Soundtrackis the best-selling soundtrack album of all-time in the United States with 17× platinum  certifiaction by the RIAA and sales of 13,125,000 copies .The album also holds the title for the world's biggest selling soundtrack album of all-time with over 44 million units sold.

-The Preacher's Wife Original Soundtrack Album is the best-selling Gospel album of all time, with sales of over three million copies in the United States and six million copies worldwide.

8787878_v2.jpg

7.jpg

Main source: Wikipedia

Original banner photo: fanpop.com

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreatestLoveofAll

• jdmc219

• PrinceMichaelFan

• materialboy

I recently discovered Whitney's discography and wanted to express my love for her and what she has done but I noticed there is no fan base.As long as the mods don't delete this for some reason I might change the OP :cm:

4 hours ago, Breakdown said:

the best female duet of all time

Preach :clap3: 

Their voices fit perfectly.And when Mariah enters in 1:51 I get chills :jonny5: 

Edited by materialboy

YAS!! Nice. I'm sure they won't take it down.

Let me mark it:

My Love Is Your Love > Whitney Houston > Just Whitney > Whitney > I Look to You > I'm Your Baby Tonight

I'm shocked that she doesn't have a base thread

My Love Is Your Love 

I'm Your Baby Tonight 

Whitney Houston  

Just Whitney 

Whitney 

I Look To You 

I'm Your Baby Tonight is her best album

My Name Is Not Susan,Anymore,Higher Love,Who Do You Love are the ones giving me life

Greatest Love Of All is her best song clearly :cm: Isn't this Whitney's favourite song too ? 

11 minutes ago, jdmc218 said:

YAS!! Nice. I'm sure they won't take it down.

Let me mark it:

My Love Is Your Love > Whitney Houston > Just Whitney > Whitney > I Look to You > I'm Your Baby Tonight

You do them so wrong :'( 

Just now, materialboy said:

I'm Your Baby Tonight is her best album

My Name Is Not Susan,Anymore,Higher Love,Who Do You Love are the ones giving me life

Greatest Love Of All is her best song clearly :cm: Isn't this Whitney's favourite song too ? 

Exhale (Shoop Shoop) is :redface:

Just now, materialboy said:

You do them so wrong :'( 

Sorry. But IYBT was a mess. I don't think Whitney was comfortable doing that. She was trying to hard to break out.

ILTY had good songs. It's just the voice thing.

On 29.01.2018 г. at 6:31 PM, jdmc218 said:

Sorry. But IYBT was a mess. I don't think Whitney was comfortable doing that. She was trying to hard to break out.

ILTY had good songs. It's just the voice thing.

Don't mention this because:'( Last night I watched a live performance from her last tour of IWALY and my heart literally broke :'(  And despite all this she didn't dare singing on playback :clap3: A true performer

Edited by materialboy

My fave didn't have a base? :jonny:

She's my fave vocalist, I will forever love her discog!

Legendary, iconic Whitney Houston is the best there ever was. :alexz:

5 minutes ago, materialboy said:

Don't mention this because:'( Last night I watched a live performance from her last tour of IWALY and my heart literally broke and started crying :'(  And despite all this she didn't dare singing on playback :clap3: A true performer

Yeah. I can commend her on that. But I think she wanted to prove too much too soon. Cuz Clive didn't want her going on that tour. Now I don't give a flip about him, but he did have a point.

4 minutes ago, The Next Day said:

What an iconic duet.:'(

Idk. I think George kinda dragged it down a bit, cuz I LOVED the solo version.

4 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

“You Give Good Love” is her best ballad EVER. Idc, idc:fish2: 

This came on shuffle today and hit me so hard. Ugh

Also Saving All My Love hit me yesterday too.

Anyway, Idc about the posts in here but her best song ever, is in fact, Run To You. :alexz::gaycat2:

Edited by KasioKas