45 Years (2015) 4/5

Onward (2020) 3.5/5

Tootsie (1982) 4/5

Tom Horn (1980) 3.5/5

Get Carter (1971) 3.5/5

Purple Rain (1984) 4/5

Swamp Thing (1982) 2.5/5

StrangerInTheDark

The Abyss - This was such a cool movie, I wish I heard about it earlier. Only flaw was ending, it was a bit cheesy, but other than that, great. I wish there was a HQ of Director's Cut online, shame it was never released on BluRay. 4/5

The Shawshank Redemption - I LOOOVE prison movies, but I did not expect this one to be... emotional one. It flew by, perfectly directed, acted, written. I was only sad about the ending not really being fair or satisfying in legal a way. Debuted in my top 40 of favorite movies! 4.5/5

We Need to Talk About Kevin - I could not wait for this to be over, not only it was boring but it was so pretensions. I hate pretensions movies. 2.5/5

The Village - I was excited to see this movie and that iconic twist everyone keeps talking about. The first one happening during 2nd act was the biggest twist tbh, I kinda had a thought about it, and about the second one I totally expected that, so I don't understand how these twists ruined movie for so many people to hate it. I thought it was fun and exciting movie. Beautiful to watch, suspense was there... I read marketing was wrong because they presented it as horror movie, so it might be that. 3.5/5

Alien Resurrection - Thank god I am done with this franchise... To think that the only reason I started watching it because I wanted to see Prometheus (still gonna check it out). First one was cool, 2nd one too I guess, but just like with Terminator this is not story that can be spread in so many movies before becoming repetitive. I gave up on Terminator after the second one because it was magnificent and I thought there was nothing left to be told. But for some reason I could not apply same rule here... 2.5/5

Taxi Driver - Tbh I expected some kind of crime action movie, so I was surprised when it ended up being more physiological drama and I kinda liked it. DeNiro was amazing in it, totally sold that role of lonely man. The ending was so unexpected after such a slow movie. I do not understand Jodie's Oscar nom, she was in it for like 5 minutes and hardly earned that nom. 4/5

I watched Malcolm & Marie and thought it was good. They almost lost me in the middle when they were on the floor in the living room and he goes to pee, because I thought they were flipping moods too quickly, but they won me back and points were made in the movie.

I watched Queen & Slim last night and it was really good. It was sad but good. And Jodi Turner-Smith is otherworldly, she’s one of the most beautiful women ever.

Delirious

Evil (2003) - Surprisingly surpassed my expectations in every way possible

Extremely watchable and left me feeling very satisfied

A strong 7.5/10

Sound of Metal: 4/5

Promising Young Woman: idk/5

Judas & The Black Messiah: 2.5/5

One Night In Miami: 3/5

StrangerInTheDark

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian - Nah, nothing to think about once it's over, it was ok, fun movie to watch while you're drinking coffee. Not bad, but nothing more than ok. 3/5

The Dark Knight - DAMN. I finally got it. I watched it back in 2009 thanks to its Oscar buzz but I had no idea it was Batman movie and that it was a sequel, so I didn't really get it. I remember enjoying some moments but towards the end loosing focus and not caring about what happens next. Thank god I had no memory of this movie outside of few seconds (dinner party and motorcycle chase). It really blew me away (I kinda can't wait to re-watch it because I think it will now elevate Batman Begins too - watching TDKR tonight!). It was non-stop  action from first minute until the end. And I did not expect that. There's nothing left for me to say here that hasn't been said over the last decade. My only flaw is Joker's capture, it was kinda anticlimactic, I don't know if it was planned for him to appear in the third one so that's why...4.5/5

The River Wild - It was intense. They managed to create a suspense with such a simple plot and only one location (river!). I liked it! 4/5

Scent of a Woman - There'nothing I love more than long movies that justify their length with amazing cast and script... I loved it so much, I noticed that not many people really like it online calling it boring and saying that not much happens and that its length is not justified, and I am one of those that chooses plot heavy movie over drama any day but this one really touched me and I was invested every second of it. Al Pacino was amazing. I have never seen anyone playing blind person this realistically. 4.5/5

The Driver - While i appreciate its impact and influence on Drive and Baby Driver, and some chase sequences were really good, I think it is safe to say that  it was surpassed by those movies. 3/5

Lucy - I have mixed feelings, I enjoyed some parts and liked concept, but then for no reasons movie slowed down a bit and felt a bit long even tho it was just 85 minutes long. Concept was not really explored enough. 3.5/5

On 2/20/2021 at 12:01 PM, Wicked said:

Sound of Metal: 4/5

Promising Young Woman: idk/5

Judas & The Black Messiah: 2.5/5

One Night In Miami: 3/5

It's a 2/5, Fennell should be held responsible for ruining Killing Eve and making this movie... 

Nomadland (2021) - 5/10 

Littlejfrey

Bachelorette 3/10

I always read/heard this was a great underrated comedy, but wtf :biblio: the group of friends were horrible people specially Kirsten's character, and Isla's character was so annoying. Lizzy was the only “likeable” but to a certain point. Poor Becky, she deserved better friends. 

StrangerInTheDark

Zero Dark Thirty - Although I don't believe in the stories about it that Obama fed the press and who knows if it really happened or how, but still, movie was great. It's funny, nothing really happens first 2 hours but it just kept my attention for some reason and those last 30 minutes were brutally exciting. 4/5

Night at the museum: Secret of the Tomb - Fine I guess. I think it doesn't work as comedy because it's not really funny, it should've been labeled as adventure. 3.5/5

The Dark Knight Rises - So I finally finished Nolan's trilogy and based on first watch i gotta say second one was a fluke. I didn't really find this one good or exciting. Villain was not interesting. Catwoman was not interesting. Batman got lost in its own movie and spent majority of the middle of the movie not being there... We really didn't need ANOTHER movie about him becoming Batman after first one already established and dragged that story. But as far as superhero movies go, I would much rather watch this trilogy over and over again that those stupid cartoonish green screen movies that they are being released for the last 10 years. 3.5/5

Game Night - It's bee a while sine I had THIS much fun watching a movie. This was hilarious. Amazing! I was screaming. It even made Jason Batmen likable. Rachelwas amazing as usual. That scene when she is held at a gun point and lies to that she has kids home in order to save herself and he said to her 'no you don't with that ass :giraffe:' and she's like 'oh thank you :gaycat4:''. Still screaming :ahh:4.5/5

On 2/22/2021 at 4:46 PM, Maddox said:

It's a 2/5, Fennell should be held responsible for ruining Killing Eve and making this movie... 

Nomadland (2021) - 5/10 

While I like the refreshing take on the R&R genre, it felt kind of hollow actually, and the ending as unsatisfactory. It has style points for sure but not much else. 

Vorfreude

I have just watched Nomadland and I'm not okay. What an amazing acting that was. What an incredible story telling that was. Wow

• #FreeBritney Activist

3/5 From Afar: Gay man convincing a poor straight boy to ****, underwhelming.

4/5 What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?: First time watching this classic, very cute. 

3/5 A Perfect Murder: Gwyneth Paltrow can't act and her character literally an idiot, predictable ending.

3/5 MA: Boring. Luke Evans naked and the memes are the best thing about this movie.

4/5 The Stepford Wives: Camp gold. Glenn Close legend. Watch this If you hate men and need to relax.

StrangerInTheDark

The Master - This was not what I was looking for after I googled movies about cults... Boring, unwatchable. Another undeserved Oscar nomination for miss background actress Adams. 1/5

Love, Simon - This was lovely, cute and story was well done. Nick Robinson was really great in it and made it feel real. 4/5

Minority Report - Tom Cruise never fails. Exciting, innovative, thrilling. 4/5

Parasite - What the hell :skull: Unique. 4/5

Mad Max - Disappointing. Still excited to see sequel since everyone says it's the best of the original trilogy. 3/5

loveofpopculture

The Trail of the Chicago 7 - I thought this movie was going to be a bore given the subject matter. I was completely wrong. It kept my attention throughout. The writing and dialogue of course is top notch. Sacha Baron Cohen gives his best performance to date. A-

Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar - Definitely not on the level of Bridesmaids. I feel like this movie will get funnier with multiple viewings. Kristen and Annie have amazing chemistry and this is a fun movie. Jamie Dornan gives a game changing performance in this. He will get a lot more comedy offers after this. B-

The United States vs. Billie Holiday - Andra Day gives one of if not the best performance of the year. Her performance blew me away. The movie isn't up to her to her caliber but it definitely is a must watch. Its a story that most people are unaware of. B+

BeautifulTwistedBabe

Some of Cher's:

Suspect 10/10

Mermaids 8.5/10

Come back to 5 and Dime, Jimmy Dean Jimmy Dean 9.5/10

Silkwood 8.5/10