Pol McCutie

Films you watched recently

imaginetruIy

imaginetruIy

i watched The Conjury

Aristocrat

Charlize's new Netflix movie The Old Guard is a perfect summer blockbuster. So good, fun, and fresh. Also definitely seems they want a sequel from the cliffhanger at the end so I could see it becoming a big saga. Plus a black female director, badass female leads, and queer characters. A stanning today. :clap3:

Walk_Away21
On 7/11/2020 at 8:54 PM, Walk_Away21 said:

Starting Palm Springs. This better not suck!

Shockingly decent! Also Last Christmas featuring the dragon queen was shockingly good! Heavily recommend it for Xmas in July @ReverseWarholian

StrangerInTheDark
Posted (edited)

Extraction - some nice action scenes, but overall boring movie.

The Hours - Oh god, this was boring as hell. I remember hearing about it being masterpiece back in high school, if only I had known it was just plot-less drama... I get its acclaim, but it's really not my cup of tea. 

Ad Astra - I was shocked to see negative reception to this online outside of critics. GP probably expected easy action space movie. I did not expect the movie to be slow and dark, but that's actually what made it stand out from other space movies. I also loved seeing other planets in movie, I wish there were move movies exploring planets other than Mars. Visually stunning. 

Back to the Future - I stumbled upon this few months ago but i decided to skip it, despite loving time travel movies, because I avoid pre-1990 movies, and 80s was such a kitsch and extra decade... But boy was I wrong. After reading premise few days ago I realized my favorite episode of Futurama is actually inspired by it. I loved every second of it. It was so fun and not dated at all. Only the ending left me a bit confused because I don;t know how I feel about him changing history of his family like that...

It inspired me to check other 80s iconic movies, I have only seen 4 80s movies so far. I think I'll go with E.T. next. 

Edited by StrangerInTheDark
Edited

ReverseWarholian
On 7/13/2020 at 8:19 PM, Walk_Away21 said:

Shockingly decent! Also Last Christmas featuring the dragon queen was shockingly good! Heavily recommend it for Xmas in July @ReverseWarholian

Palm Springs is on which streaming app? Can't seem to find it luv :dancehall3:

ReverseWarholian
Posted (edited)

Train to Busan destroyed me! I was not expecting zombies on a train to tug on heartstrings so much. :weeps: Intensely thrilling and surprisingly emotional. Might even be the best zombie flick I've ever seen? Holy **** lol

9/10 

Edited by ReverseWarholian

Walk_Away21
6 hours ago, ReverseWarholian said:

Palm Springs is on which streaming app? Can't seem to find it luv :dancehall3:

Its on Hulu. Used a friend login :rip:

ReverseWarholian
1 hour ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Its on Hulu. Used a friend login :rip:

Not available yet in Flopnada! 

Walk_Away21
17 minutes ago, ReverseWarholian said:

Not available yet in Flopnada! 

Omg VPN that ****.

also stream Tom Hanksus latest blockbuster Greyhound. :clap3:

genetic fail

I’m so jealous that South Koreans can now watch Peninsula in movie theaters :weeps:

Slate

Suspiria (2018) - 4/5

dakota and luca did THAT!

Scotty

I watched The Big Chill

It was interesting/bittersweet. Generally I liked it.

Jake Frank

Honey Boy - 3/5 

Slate

Ready Player One - a generous 3/5

i was so excited to watch this after finishing the book but it was a mess

Aristocrat

Ben Is Back - Pretty good, but it and Beautiful Boy are kinda eerily carbon copies of each other.

Harriet - Very good especially for a slave movie which is kinda a tired concept at this point, but it wasn't just torture p*rn like most of them. It really put Harriet Tubman on the pedestal and showed her story in what I thought was a beautiful way.

Murder Mystery - Netflix movie with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler and it's kinda exactly what you'd expect. Nothing brilliant but fun for a family movie night or something.

Me Before You - so cute and Emilia Clarke deserves to be a romcom leading lady during the next romcom renaissance in the same way Julia Roberts and Meg Ryan were in the 80s/90s 

ReverseWarholian

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - 8/10

Stand By Me - 10/10

Second viewings for both films and they still hold UP :clap3:

SchmoodRing
Posted (edited)

I've been binge watching alot of content since I've been on lockdown and phew

Gone Girl

Definitely Maybe

Game Night

Nightcrawler

Searching

Tau

Perfection

Annihilation

The Others

Knives Out 

Bridesmaids 

Just Friends 

Zombieland

Killing Of A Sacred Deer

Baby Mama

Daddy's Home 2

The Old Guard

Always Be My Maybe

Crazy Rich Asians

Desperados 

Stardust

Girl On A Train

Straight Up

What's Your Number

A Simple Favor 

Ibiza Love Drunk

Drive

Banana Split

When We First Met

Love Wedding Repeat

Archive

Pacific Rim Uprising 

Edited by SchmoodRing

StrangerInTheDark

Live Free or Die Hard - This was disappointing. Seeing its score on RT I expected it to be next to the first one. I hate cyber topics and hackers storylines. 

6 Underground - Opening act was so cool and exciting and the rest of the movie was boring trash. I have yet to see decent Netflix movie...

All Good Things - Seeing this as one of the worst reviewed Ryan Gosling's movies (6.3 IMDB, 41% RottenTomatoes) I was surprised to like it this much. It's underrated. I understand the reviews, it's always tricky when it's base don true events (I had no idea until the ending)

Back to the Future Part II - I liked it almost as much as the first one, but I noticed it was a bit more campy and more '80s extra' than the first one. Watching last one tonight. Seeing trailer at the end of the movie and that is set in Western era, oh god help me, I hate Westerns. No matter what I love this trilogy and I am happy I discovered it, it has great replay value and can;t wait to re-watch it in the future.

La La Land - I watched it for the first time 2 months ago and I thought it was just ok. I forgot about it the next day. Then I decided to play it for my mom last weekend and I stayed in the room with her and re-watched it and we both fell in love with it. I was so shocked to really enjoy it so much more with 2nd watch and honestly I spent whole week thinking about how much it grew on me and I can see myself re-watching it very soon, who knows, maybe it even ends up being one of my favorite movies. Rally unexpected grower tbh. 

loveofpopculture

Drop Dead Gorgeous and Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion. 

X~MoviePoP

Beautiful day in the neighborhood. 

8.5/10.

Tom hanks did the damn thing.

This deserved a score and screenplay nomination. 

X~MoviePoP
Posted (edited)

Currently watching last flag flying. Idk why ive never heard of this movie, has a pretty good cast.

Ill post a score later 

Edited by X~MoviePoP

StrangerInTheDark

Back to the Future Part III - It was good, nice way to finish off trilogy. I'm not generally fan of Wild West so I prefer it was different time frame and it became kinda repetitive with always the same villain, but still, very enjoyable trilogy that I wish I explored earlier.

Get Out - I totally ruined my experience. I started watching it on Saturday  but I was very tired so I fell asleep, and I watched another movie on Sunday afternoon and just finished it off after that one. I stopped watching before anything happened and it was like one minute before GET OUT line, and that's when everything becomes interesting. At first I was turned off for obvious reasons, but then plot became interesting and deeper. Only complaint that one friend, I hate when they write stupid and try hard 'funny'/goofy  characters only to give some kind of comedic relief... It was not at all, it annoyed me so much. 

Escape Plan - And the movie that I watched in between Get Out was this one. Honestly it exceeded my exceptions. I thought it would be just dumb action movie and blah blah blah, it was quiet interesting thriller/action (I kinda can't wait to start watching Prison Break thanks to this). I don't care about watching 2 sequels after seeing that they were direct to videos and critically panned. I enjoyed this one and that's it. 

ReverseWarholian

The Hills Have Eyes (1977) - 7/10

Witches of Eastwick - 7/10

Ginger Snaps - 8/10

Illuminati
On 7/31/2020 at 9:16 PM, SchmoodRing said:

I've been binge watching alot of content since I've been on lockdown and phew

Gone Girl

Definitely Maybe

Game Night

Nightcrawler

Searching