• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Summer Boy

• Cryptique

• chosensparkles

• vince_martin88

Ugh this FLOP :jonny5:

I'm gonna post updates on milestones throughout the year when I can, on here and GGD. Exciting that I'll hopefully be able to track most/some of the LG6 era here with industry data :duca:

2 hours ago, AM98GJ said:

I'm gonna post updates on milestones throughout the year when I can, on here and GGD. Exciting that I'll hopefully be able to track most/some of the LG6 era here with industry data :duca:

That's truly amazing, but please be careful about your job. 

-

week 42 - Shallow - Lady GaGa & Bradley Cooper (#25)
Interscope - 99.000 

Total: 7,886,000 (#193 of all-time). It's going to surpass Just Dance (#189) net week! 8m here we go! :jonny5:

FULL RECAP OF HER SINGLES IN THE UK, CHART PEAKS INCLUDED:

Just Dance (#1) - 1,184,004 units 
Poker Face (#1) - 1,463,810 units
LoveGame (#19) - 271,239 units 
Paparazzi (#4) - 733,284 units
Bad Romance (#1) - 1,314,669 units
Telephone (#1) - 944,384 units
Alejandro (#7) - 556,056 units
Born This Way (#3) - 900,699 units
Judas (#8) - 381,545 units
The Edge Of Glory (#6) - 740,576 units
You And I (#23) - 217,999 units
Marry The Night (#16) - 255,917 units
Applause (#5) - 462,334 units
Do What U Want (#9) - 372,734 units
G.U.Y. (#115) - 58,803 units
Perfect Illusion (#12) - 195,501 units
Million Reasons (#39) - 370,742 units
The Cure (#19) - 414,370 units
Shallow (#1) - 1,115,583 units
Always Remember Us This Way (#25) - 335,933 units
I'll Never Love Again (#27) - 281,866 units

TOTAL = 12,572,048 units sold

TOP 10 SINGLES IN THE UK:

1. Poker Face (2009)

2. Bad Romance (2009)

3. Just Dance (2008)

4. Shallow (2018)

5. Telephone (2010)

6. Born This Way (2011)

7. The Edge Of Glory (2011)

8. Paparazzi (2009)

9. Alejandro (2010)

10. Applause (2013)

28 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

That's truly amazing, but please be careful about your job. 

Yea, I'm keeping details about my workplace to an absolute minimum :eli:

Some curious facts about her chart performance in the UK:

- Despite being one of the only major countries in which Born This Way (the song) didn't hit #1 and dropped off the charts rather quickly, the album ended up selling 4,72x as much as its debut week (215,639 units). For comparison, in the US it would have ended up selling 5,2 million copies if kept the same longevity as in the UK.

- The Fame surpassed 3 million units this year, thus being the 23rd best selling album of all time in the country.

- Based on total units, "The Cure" is her 11th most successful single in the country and her most successful single in 4 years, since 2013's "Applause".

- "Poker Face" was for a good period of time, the best selling digital song of all time in the country, before being overtaken by Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling" in June 2010

- Despite totalling 372K units, "Do What U Want" is certified 1x Gold (400k) since 2014. That's because the units it moved in its first 3 weeks, before the album release didn't count, according to rules, for their official chart. 

- "Million Reasons" has the highest number of moved units compared to its low peak (#39)

The way Shallow will end up being her 2nd highest selling SPS song WW behind only the absolutely legendary Poker Face when it’s all said and done....... :jonny5:

On 7/25/2019 at 2:19 PM, ViviLittleM said:

More

BTW (album)= 1,019,404 (doing like 12K a year) 

BTW (single)= 900,699 (will do 70K this year  compared to 40K last year, maybe ASIB boost or just streaming growth?) 

Telephone= 944,384 (doing like 65K a year so she’ll have another 1M seller in the UK in less than a year) 

Whew, all of these recent or soon-to-be MILLION sellers :alexz: 

Whoah Shallow sold 13m?? :deadbanana4:

Is this number comparable to other huge hits of 2018 or 2019? How much did 7 rings sell? 

2 hours ago, Salvatore said:

Whoah Shallow sold 13m?? :deadbanana4:

Is this number comparable to other huge hits of 2018 or 2019? How much did 7 rings sell? 

SPS.

A monster smash :jonny5:

On 7/25/2019 at 11:50 PM, Dr.Cake said:

Some curious facts about her chart performance in the UK:

- Despite being one of the only major countries in which Born This Way (the song) didn't hit #1 and dropped off the charts rather quickly, the album ended up selling 4,72x as much as its debut week (215,639 units). For comparison, in the US it would have ended up selling 5,2 million copies if kept the same longevity as in the UK.

- The Fame surpassed 3 million units this year, thus being the 23rd best selling album of all time in the country.

- Based on total units, "The Cure" is her 11th most successful single in the country and her most successful single in 4 years, since 2013's "Applause".

- "Poker Face" was for a good period of time, the best selling digital song of all time in the country, before being overtaken by Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling" in June 2010

- Despite totalling 372K units, "Do What U Want" is certified 1x Gold (400k) since 2014. That's because the units it moved in its first 3 weeks, before the album release didn't count, according to rules, for their official chart. 

- "Million Reasons" has the highest number of moved units compared to its low peak (#39)

How did MR tank so badly :skull: especially considering she did extensive promo there :rip:

5 hours ago, - JED - said:

How did MR tank so badly :skull: especially considering she did extensive promo there :rip:

That sort of track was never gonna do well in the UK. The Cure should have been the single from the Joanne era promoted in Europe...

MR was not on TTH or UK big hits, this the promo that matters past 2015 not live performances which will give 5/6 green updates and that it :toofunny2:

I hope her team learned from ASIB, good playlists placement and one or two performance but make it impactful like Shallow at Oscars.

1 minute ago, zoldyck said:

MR was not on TTH or UK big hits, this the promo that matters past 2015 not live performances which will give 5/6 green updates and that it :toofunny2:

I hope her team learned from ASIB, good playlists placement and one or two performance but make it impactful like Shallow at Oscars.

The sort of promo that smashes in the UK are big Glastonbury sets (even Miley's here has given her continued radio support) and obv radio deals with major stations. Everything else needs to be viral to have any lasting impact and that can never be guaranteed really...

9 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

Also her X-Factor UK performance was tragic :toofunny2:

They should've just aired this instead

:smitten:

Edited by slobro

46 minutes ago, slobro said:

Also her X-Factor UK performance was tragic :toofunny2:

They should've just aired this instead

:smitten:

OMG I legit forgot about the X-Factor performance. Twitter was on fire asking what happened to her face :rip:

Gaga now has the #9 most followed "this is" playlist on Spotify (females). :clap3: ASIB really gave her catalog new life. Hope LG6 follows it. :duca: 

1. Ariana Grande  1.908.571 (=)

2. Billie Eilish   1.647.867  (+1)    

3. Rihanna 1.633.028 (-1)

4. Taylor Swift  1.458.407  (=)

5. Adele 1.399.268 (=)

6. Beyonce  936.883  (=)

7. Marília Mendonça  884.423 (+1) 

8. Anitta  793.405 (-1)

9. Lady Gaga  757.712 (+1)  

10. Sia  757.700   (-1)

(from GGD user MarlonBrando7)

Her team knows now how to sell the album, we need her spotify game to be strong next era and we are immediately in a huge era :smitten: 

And a radio deal for a great single would make everything only better :heart2: 

3 hours ago, Summer Boy said:

Shallow could stay a 43th week in the Hot 100. US Monsters stream it. :jonny5:

streaming tracking week is over, only radio still counts for this week

3 hours ago, ViviLittleM said:

streaming tracking week is over, only radio still counts for this week

Oh! I thought it was this week :deadbanana4:

On 7/27/2019 at 4:33 PM, - JED - said:

It had a low chart peak but it will be certified gold soon which is a big certification for a song that peaks so low. Most songs that peak in the 30s don’t even get silver. 

I'll Never Love Again is Platinum in the US, I guess they are submitting it at the Grammys instead of ARUTW. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.