ATRL's Song Contest 12 | Winner Announced (pg.522)

mxtthewdelrey

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mxtthewdelrey

• Kylie Jenner

• K$Ellie

• Lukey

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Santaus said:

Kinda intrigued what ppl picked for the horny theme. When are the rankings due? Not up for it rn. :foot:

Tuesday afternoon is the deadline :chick1:

Just now, Fruity said:

Tuesday afternoon is the deadline :chick1:

I'll consider doing this tomorrow. Where the pre-'90 songs any good? That seems like very hit-or-miss territory to me.

Just now, Santaus said:

I'll consider doing this tomorrow. Where the pre-'90 songs any good? That seems like very hit-or-miss territory to me.

My 12 points is going to one of the pre 90 songs! I think people made decent choices. 5 of the artists are basically legends.

2 hours ago, Santaus said:

Two are bad, the rest are cute :oh:

The first bunch:

01   I mean it's lowkey cute, but it doesn't really excel at anything and is thus quite forgettable. Wouldn't mind if I never heard it again.

02 – Apart from few exceptions her music does nothing to me. Poor choice.

03 – Was once an avid fan of the artist, but then the interest just kind of waned by the time the 2nd album was out. It's okay, I suppose. I'd rather have heard something from their debut.

04 – Surprised to hear them here. It's easy to listen to and would do as background music, but I'd say it falls in the same group as the first song.

05 – It's pretty good. Not instant, but a grower. Have never heard this before, so it's a plus.

06 – This falls to the vast category of catchy yet disposable fast burners that I happily have on replay after release, but then never listen to again. Sorry, you're a couple of years late.

Will do the rest later.

Edited by Santaus

07 – Have never really been into their music, but it isn't necessarily a bad choice for this particular theme.

08 – Have never really been into their music [2], apart from the few absolute classics. Then again, I have only heard a tiny portion of their discography, but this didn't quite win me over. 

09 – I approve. :celestial4:

10 – Well, that was a tedious listen. :foot:

11 – Won't lie, I was probably overtly excited when the production kicked in. What a contrast. This song really benefits from its placing. Vibrant track.

12 – Yeah, let's keep up the tempo. This will do. :beatfreak:

13 – Yeah, definitely not what I expected/wanted to hear. Who gets horny listening to this? That aside, I only really like some of their recent material. 

14 – It's a very nice track, but doesn't tick the box either. I guess y'all just went for safe uptempo pop songs that I totally eat up.

15 – An effort! No sure about the beat. Okay entry tho.

16 – Getting better. Don't listen to her music much, but she was a good pick.

17 – The vibe was kind of there, so points for that, but she's usually a miss when it comes to me.

18 – I think I can get behind this. Decent ending.

All in all, the songs didn't quite live up to my expectations/hopes, but themes were perhaps a bit tricky. Good luck.

14 Positive

9 Mixed

7 Negative

YyLLfdW.gif

My comments don't ever entirely represent my rankings btw, so don't draw definite conclusions based on them. My #1 didn't really get a glowing review, not that any of the songs truly did. If I enjoy a song, I'll rank it based on that, no matter how it fits the theme.

I only take the theme into account, if the song lacks on other merits. Then I may reward the effort and go easier on it out of pity. :foot:

Edited by Santaus

17 Positive

7 Mixed

6 Negative

I think? Might be being a little optimistic with a few :thing: I'm happy with this

Don't really have time to do this tonight sorry I was watching Israel Calling and now I gotta catch up with some work x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.