Hot 100: Females w/ Most Top 20 Songs (2000s)

FanOfPop

1 hour ago, FanOfPop said:

As I wrote above, I made the list based on a Billboard credits. If they credited Nicki & Kesha on "Till The World Ends" or Britney on "S&M" during the whole run of a song I didn't count them. But I get your point.

And I wanted to make this list just because I was interested in this and for me it's some kind of fun and relax.

Only 2010s (so far) + at least 2 songs to make the list.

GL with your flop list then:fan:

2qw05tf.jpg

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FanOfPop

• Mattyboy

• peterstyles13

• mcohen

I agrih with some of the posters here, S&M and TTWE should be counted since they reached the top 20 before the remix happened. You should count them and write their peak position as a solo song, before their respective remixes happened.

@istan4badgalriri @Ghiles

I updated the list with "S&M" and "Till The World Ends". Can't think about any other song that were remixed during its chart run so if you know about anything please let me know and I update it too.

Gaga a legend :clap3:

@FanOfPop Beyoncé has 8 you forgot 6 inch #18

solo never mind Lmaoooo I forgot about The Weeknd 

Edited by Beyonce_runthis

6 hits for Kesha, nice! Unfortunately Rainbow hasn't produced any top20 hits yet. 

@FanOfPop, you forgot “Chained to the Rhythym” #4 for Katy, but have Rise. :rip: 

5 minutes ago, MaicolT said:

6 hits for Kesha, nice! Unfortunately Rainbow hasn't produced any top20 hits yet. 

Praying came close, #22.. With a discount she could’ve gotten there. Or if she released on a Friday.

Edited by Mattyboy

21 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

Awesome how Taylor's hits are almost all solo.

Maybe people dont like working w her. Also how many of those hits were in the top 20 for 10 or more weeks? 

24 minutes ago, Adonis said:

Maybe people dont like working w her. Also how many of those hits were in the top 20 for 10 or more weeks? 

i know you are one of her haters but people not wanting to work with her is not a drag at all

28 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

i know you are one of her haters but people not wanting to work with her is not a drag at all

I didn't mean it as a drag. Many artists consider her brand toxic to them given that she's a country western singer turned pop singer etc. The only genre that really has a lot of collaborations is HipHop. So if the person isn't sufficiently in that world its harder for HipHop artists to risk the damage to their brand featuring Taylor on a track or vice versa.

I don't care for Taylor but I like a few songs. 

TBQH, a better indicator is if the artist is the lead artist on a track because its more likely the lead artist is the draw and not the featured artist especially in Katy Perry's case where she picked up rappers who were not in their prime. 

I notice you didn't address my question "How many of Taylor's Top 20 hits were in the Top 20 for 10 weeks or more?" Many of her hits debut high then drop off the charts entirely after album release week. 

Edited by Adonis

1 hour ago, Mattyboy said:

@FanOfPop, you forgot “Chained to the Rhythym” #4 for Katy, but have Rise. :rip: 

Praying came close, #22.. With a discount she could’ve gotten there. Or if she released on a Friday.

It's not a solo song, features Skip Marley though.

6 hours ago, FanOfPop said:

It's not a solo song, features Skip Marley though.

Why not include features? 

11 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

Kesha is way behind from all departments including album sales, singles sales, streaming, tour department and Grammy recognition. She needs to prove she still able to fight back to A list or at least huge in certain department. By having at least a TOP 20 solo song without feature is the first right step. Up kesha up up up up up.

On topic, Taylor and Gaga :clap3:

4 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

No special reason. I just wanted to make a list of solo female songs that hit top 20. That's it.

Wow the gap between #1 and #2 :clap3:

ThirdWardBey
2 hours ago, FanOfPop said:

No special reason. I just wanted to make a list of solo female songs that hit top 20. That's it.

This is understandable, but you should at least include songs by lead females regardless of whether or not they have a co-lead or feature. 

16 minutes ago, ThirdWardBey said:

This is understandable, but you should at least include songs by lead females regardless of whether or not they have a co-lead or feature. 

I have also the list with the features. Maybe I'll post them someday.

7 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

Do u know what solo means?

5 hours ago, FanOfPop said:

Then what about as lead artist?

16 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

Then what about as lead artist?

I posted only solo. No features, no co-leads as is written above the list. I also have the list of features and maybe I'll add them someday.

I update the list with featured songs. The first part is only solo songs, the second part includes also features. You can now compare positions. Also, only females with at least 5 entries can make both lists.

Cardi B enters the list (Solo + Features) as "Finesse (Remix)" jumped at #3 which makes Cardi's 5th Top 20 hit.

Also, "Meant To Be" is #18 this week and it's Bebe's 3rd Top 20 hit (she has entries where she is featured or co-lead artist).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.