ATRL's The X Factor | WINNER & Stats Breakdown (pg.36)

mxtthewdelrey

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mxtthewdelrey

• MasterXPosed

• Kelp

• Jackson

woo is right

diarrhoea's critiques 4 tha semi-final

Henry (theycallmemaraj)

1. Hate this song xxx I guess it suited you though. I loved when your accent came through, it was so #real. Also, your entries are all v/ LQ but I feel you really understand mixing.
  2. The mxtt-pandering in your choices :skull: I'm not sure the mashup worked all that well? I didn't find the verses great. The first song was better.

Jack Reid (Jackson)

1. This was the first time I actually made out the words :skull: it was nice! I liked the guitar this week and felt as though it actually lent itself nicely to the arrangement. The beginning of the chorus was a but jarring but other than that I really liked it.
  2. I felt like the backing vocals would have really helped in parts, maybe it's bc I know the song too well. This was probably your strongest entry throughout the competition, I don't have much to say but it was just very well executed.

Jack. E (MasterXPosed)

1. One of my least favourite Poppy songs tbh :skull: but you sang the s*** out of it. In the pre-chorus it was perhaps a bit much? If it were quieter, the chorus would probably have popped a bit more.
  2. Again, maybe a bit extra? A little more light and dark could do you some good. I think the production could have been better if changed, but D&B wasn't what I had in mind :skull: it's not, like, crap, though.

Tymps (Tymps.)

1. I don't feel this is a very singing competition song? It's nice and meaningful and whatnot, but she sings it weirdly (bc she's her) and it's very repetitive. You sang it well (very well in fact, sometimes you're too show-y but this showed your vocals in a v/ cute and raw way), but the choice kinda limited its effectiveness somewhat.
  2. Again this just feels a bit middling for me, you have great moments and rarely ever fail (cough week one cough) but this just isn't particularly memorable. The production was odd, again I marked you high bc of your singing which truly is quite good.

mxtthewdelrey's critique$

critiques 4 theycallmemaraj

Paradise - this is top 3 in Charli’s discography and I’m so happy you chose it. And you even did the harmonies YOURSELF :jonny: but overall this is one of those times where I just don’t find your voice that pleasant to listen to sorry, it was TOO much in this entry :’( just like Diarrhoea said, I luh when your accent came through as well

When I Rule the World / Number 1 Angel - omg the way you TEASED me into thinking you were doing WIRTW :jonny: This was just as much as a treat though :jonny: So creative, stunning, gorgeous, talented. It might not have been a great idea to start with my least favourite track on my mixtape but your voice was so sweet and on-point for the “Baby you’ve got it” I was living. The fact this entry reinforced the views of all the people who call this mixtape samey though :ahh: When you went into Roll With Me :jonny: I wish you had gone into a bit of cupcakKe’s Lipgloss verse :weeps: FANTASTIC! Extra in a great way

critiques 4 the lemur

4 Degrees - idk why you sound really hot singing this song :jonny: I can’t put my finger on why that may be. I thought this was absolutely stunning. I wish you had held notes for a bit longer where they needed to be held, but other than that, this was so captivating and in the words of Michelle Visage, “the artistry I have come to expect from you”. Incredible job.

I Am Not A Robot - you sounded really hot on 4 Degrees, and here you just sound really sweet and, to quote the song, loveable. This was just such a good week for you, and I feel so proud as a mentor of the entries you came out with :weeps::heart2:

critiques for jackson

Lush Life - The guitar for this was absolute GORGEOUS and BREATHTAKING but I found the tuning of your voice to be really jarring throughout the entire entry. It really skipped back and forth between octaves and singing between the melody and your own improvisations. When you sang in head voice near the end that was gorgeous, and when you did low parts on the “Went low, went high” bit, that was amazing. Other than that, this was a tad disappointing but I kinda wanna hear you record this in a key that’s more comfortable so that you can stick to the melody throughout. Did you play this guitar live or record vocals separately, because if you could transpose that guitar instrumental then that would be fantastic

Born to Die - Same note I gave to Tymps. for 4Degrees, I wish you would hold the notes that are originally held :jonny: other than that, this was pretty. Again, the highlights were when you went into head voice cause that’s when you shine brightest. It was nice!

critiques for jackie

Lowlife - Your vocals on the chorus oh my GOD :jonny: you sound so ****ing good. I’m ecstatic you picked this song. It’s one of my most played songs EVER and I absolutely adore it and you really did it justice. I don’t have much to say apart from that you slayed it :michael:

Young and Beautiful - This isn’t one of my favourite Lana songs or anything but I was strangely so hyped for this entry. And you lived up to my expectations. The change-up was weird and I wish you had stayed to the orchestral instrumental, but that’s just a personal preference and I admire the unique touch still. Vocally and emotionally, this was just a glorious week for you, I really can’t say much else. 

side-note: Why on earth did you change the lyric to “He makes me shine like dominoes”? :ahh: It caught me off-guard and made me cackle. reminded me of pears as well nnnnnn

overall i definitely feel like there was a clear stand-out in each pairing

Edited by mxtthewdelrey

Thank you both for the reviews! And omg the  “He makes me shine like dominoes” part. i totally sang the wrong lyric :skull: 

Thanks for the reviews <3

mxtthew I sound really hot because I am really hot ;) jk

Liquid poop I agree that it was sort of middling, after I stepped away from it and listened again later I realized neither one was particularly exciting

thanks for the critiques :jonny: 

11 minutes ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

The mxtt-pandering in your choices :skull: 

LMAO! I didn't know any of the other artists except Charli and Zara, I recoreded 3 songs after Paradise but just wanted something fun

8 minutes ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

I wish you had gone into a bit of cupcakKe’s Lipgloss verse :weeps:

Uh, you can kick me out of the competition for not doing this tbh

2 minutes ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

i'm gonna go straight ahead with the results TBH

Yas do it

oh! I'm shook, thought Jackson would make it to the final

--

hi judges if you want the final to be filled with gay kunty bops then choose me :gaycat3: 

Edited by theycallmemaraj

I'm really happy to be apart of the final round!

And nooo at Henry and Jackson! You both are amazing, so whatever happens be proud of yourselves.

Oh I just got online. Congrats to Jack and Tymps! Hope I make it through but if not I had a great time 

also thanks especially to diarrhoea especially because you're usually my toughest judge so I'm glad you liked the songs :heart2: 

okay my heart tells me to go with Henry, but my head tells me that Jack is probably better, didn't need a twist to come back, and he did genuinely do a great job this week

I vote to save Jack

24 minutes ago, Diarrhoea said:

but my head tells me that Jack is probably better

lkasdjsalkd the shade

but thank you to both of you, it means a lot :heart2: 

• ATRL Moderator

Omg, who's gonna be the Fifth Harmony of ATRL's X Factor (i.e. come in 3rd place but then blow up afterwards) :duca:

And omg mxtt, I felt the same way about 4 Degrees :eek:

TBH I gave Henry a higher score this week so I was kinda gonna save Henry cause I saved Jackson last week and the N1A medley was in my top 3 fave entries this week along with 4 Degrees and Lowlife. But with 2 save votes from the judges for Jackson, so it is written shall it be done, the act leaving us in fourth place is... Henry :weeps::weeps::weeps:

Henry you are a talented legend and I will never forget you, ever. :heart2: 

The Final, Pt. I will come tomorrow

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.