Drag Race All Stars | Our first (and last) ALL STAR!

Citrus

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Citrus

• Buddy!

• Vulnicura

• Tsareena

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

A mod should close this since it's taking so long to judge. I guess we don't have an all stars winner

Xmm0SSS.gif

• ATRL Moderator
On 4/23/2018 at 0:32 AM, Lémur said:

Probably sucking some guys dick

On 5/6/2018 at 1:10 PM, CHANEL™ said:

I have the biggest dick here so your loss.

The fact that these were the top posts on pages 135 and 136, pages we were stuck on for days/weeks, so I saw them every time I came into the thread :lmao: I get a little hard every time :lmao:

34 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

The fact that these were the top posts on pages 135 and 136, pages we were stuck on for days/weeks, so I saw them every time I came into the thread :lmao: I get a little hard every time :lmao:

I keep laughing @ what Chanel said LOL

:cupid: 

f0bEAUL.png

Episode 7 - The Finale

Final Judges' Critiques

2014-04-22_11_58_41.gif

Carrie said...

Gladys:

Since I didn’t take part in S4, I loved seeing your entries here in your portfolio; I would happily buy a Gladys coloring book! I was also happy to revisit your Tales entry, which was my favorite entry that week and was the entry that really made me root for you to be a finale queen; I saw you expanding your persona and was so glad you were showing us something new, even so late in the competition. As a Squirtle stan, I enjoyed your lip sync :fan: Thanks for not making me something ugly like Bulba! I don’t really see what this has to do with the competition other than using the girls’ names. I also love your dog and am giving you +10 points for that cameo. Again, not sure how these elements work together; I do get a kind of scattered feel from the entry, but the individual moments are cute. Your verse + fruit look are also cute; I love the plum fins and the idea of the arms drenched in fruit juice (though they could look more… splattered). I admire the effort you put into the best drag look and can see this being dramatic and bold on a real runway. For all the drama in the presentation, I do wish the actual dress/front was slightly more interesting; it might be because I just saw your amazing Pokemon looks and that fruit dress, but seeing an off-the-shoulder short red dress isn’t the most exciting final runway. As usual, I like your colors and the overall execution though. And I’m so glad you’re here in the finale and that I got to become a Gladys stan this season. Best of luck at the crowning, bb. 

Stone: 

Not you linking to the Beach Ball and Holigay challenges and not your actual entries tho :dies: Anyway, I enjoyed seeing your S4 fashion looks, especially the turkey one, which is maybe my favorite entry I’ve seen from you. It was also fun to return to the (completed) Tales and your photography skills slayed me! Is that your dog? +10 points! Your Snatch felt accurate, perhaps a little long. How did you miss making a joke about Pea Enculo being a Latinx queen though? I like the blueberry concept of your fruit look (Violet, you’re turning violet, Violet teas) and the orange boot, though I wonder why you ditch the blueberry at the beginning, which leaves you with pants and a flowy shirt. The look isn’t quite show-stopping then, but it’s a cute girl. I feel similar about the best drag look; it’s gorgeous, but for BEST I also want DRAMA in some way, which I think the other girls served more here. (Also, I’m seeing this trend where you show body a lot. DM me, sis.) The Oxford/Urban line in your verse made me scream and the final verse was probably my favorite moment in the song; it’s true that you never quit and ended up making it all the way to the finale, and that’s something I admire about you. I won’t lie here and pretend I’ve been a Stone stan since day 1, but I really do enjoy having your sense of humor here and think with a little polish Stone would really be a … gem :eli: And that turkey concept. Phew. Best of luck at the crowning, nena. 

Chanel: 

Let’s get this out of the way and say that not submitting two of the components of the challenge is ****ty. Whether it was because of a lack of motivation or whatever doesn’t matter; it sends the message that you think you’re above following instructions and think you can skate by on past efforts rather than showing us your very best every single time. Anyway, interesting choices for your portfolio! They make sense all together because they show off your different skills, i.e. performing, writing, fashion. I know some of your S1 wins don’t make sense to show here (like the drag name one or the GIF-posting one), but I don’t think your Untucked entry is necessarily stronger than some of your other writing entries, including the playwriting one from this season. I get the impetus to showcase some of your work from S1, especially since the judges here didn’t all see it. It’s a risky move since your works on AS is better, but you gotta admire your willingness to foist a 27-page entry at the judges because you believe in it. Wow, I clicked that “Over” video ready for a performance of Lindsay Lohan’s top 40 hit. Still, these two performances were cute; I especially liked the head choreography in the “Over” video. (Did you say you’re starting to do drag in real life? Do you have any wigs? It would be cool if we got one video in a wig.) It feels very appropriate to give us a literal glamour cadaver look for your final runway of AS. Love the face and hair; the dress serves graveyard; I would like just a little more cadaver in there somewhere or some pop of non-brown, but at least it serves drama and is very Chanel. Congrats on your stellar run this season and thanks for representing S1 in our first (and last) All Stars season! As I said above, I see a real growth in you this season and can see how you want this crown more desperately than anyone else here. Best of luck at the crowning, bitch.

Aciid said...

she loves all of you girls

Tangerine said...

Gladys

Your portfolio showed the reason you got here on both seasons. There's an awareness of your abilities and brand, of what you do and how to do it as best you can, and it's just innate. You have it. These were delightfully done, but you also showed another willingness to try and do other, more out-there ideas too. This strong sense of self and willingness to experiment is why we love Gladys. Doing videos and writing verses is obviously not talent #1 for you, but you still sell it through sheer determination and effort. Your best drag was another pleasant read, and the way you try to include everyone is sweet, don't think I haven't noticed. Both looks were very pretty, I appreciate the effort you put into the best drag (and it is good!) but that fruit look is undoubtedly the best thing you've ever worn, and the best outfit of the final challenge. High camp, glamour, flawless. Wonderful work this season, you're always such a delight and even just your presence breeds positivity

Stone

Perseverance is definitely something I think of when it comes to you. In fact, a lot of your best moments came from being backed into the corner. And given the quit rate of this game, that's really admirable. Never lose that quality. I appreciate the effort to do those challenges you missed out on, despite the messiness of this season you've really come through. You've consistently turned looks since day one, and this final entry is no exception. You served up two stylish and well-made looks for this and lived up to your title. However, getting to see the campier and abstract side of you across both seasons was actually my favorite part of your journey. There was always real talent there, and I think it's great to see you come into it. You're a fighter and I really respect the hell out of you bitch.

Chanel:

The choice not to do half of the challenge is just that, a choice, but I really can't be mad at you when that portfolio is pure excellence and by far the greatest entries I've seen across 5 seasons of this game. You put a heel on my neck as soon as you entered this and it has not been let up at all. I love the Lemonade-esque monologue, I love the way you write and the dedication you have to your art. The level of polish, of professionalism, of perfection even in that small lipsync was... it was superhuman. I don't need to tell you that best drag is excellent, you knew it was. The world is truly your oyster Chanel, you have the ability, and most of all the courage and nerve, to go out there and do anything you want to. Thank you for allowing me to witness the start of your rise.

Faye said...

Gladys

Fruit Look: 

I like this and appreciate all the tiny fruity details to elevate the look, although it's really just giving me straight up vagina.
Walking *** and slit dripping tease with green pubic hair. Slut Gladys making her comeback.

Final Lip Sync: 

SO HAPPY we did not get a full on tearjerker story. Clean, cute and well told.
A solid marriage between your general storytelling, ATRL's Drag Race and Pokémon.

Your resolve and positive attitude made you a stand out in S4; that's not changed here either. Your craftsmanship with this final lip sync just oozes passion and commitment. I want to say THANK YOU for bringing a steadfast fire to this competition that many lack. Gladys, an All Star. Really does sound correct doesn't it?

Score verse: 

I prefer the second half. I kept singing your lines as if they were the lyrics for Call Me Mother and it didn't quite work everytime.
Still a really fiery valiant effort from someone who is generally sweet..

Portfolio: 

Nice choices. Not going to give you dissertations on these entries, I was there for all of them.
Shocked you didn't include your S4 finale though.

Best Drag: 

I said back on my S4 podcast that your aesthetic is typically "anime meets broadway" and what a more apt way to serve that then with a fully constructed pop out outfit.
Forehead is a bit big for me personally, but from head to toe you have executed your concept very well.

Great job.

Total: 

Stone

Fruit Look: 

Campy at first (in a good way) with that ruffle serving me juicy big blueberry but then post-ruveal it's a little bit funky yet sheik in a way that clicks for me. 
I've had issues with your composition in the past but I am very happy to say there isn't any issues here. Slay me queen.

Final Lip Sync: 

I may not be in love with your performance (not your fault really, I'm just so burnt out of Snatch Game from this game and the actual show) but a much, MUCH better turn out than your S4 Snatch.
Tales From The Orchard got a much stronger finish and really highlights what I think has been your strongest asset this season: your writing.

Score verse: 

Why is this giving me Aja circa-AS3 performance vibes? Felt like a mini-Sissy entry.
I'm not screaming yas but you did fine.

Portfolio: 

Holigay and your lip sync vs Melanoma are fantastic picks but going to be honest here
 and say I don't think the Beach Ball entry holds up as well compared to the other 2 (ironic I know. since you won). Your Holigay entry still really tugs on Colleen's wig.
Ultimately I do feel this is a nice showcase to show, that yes, Stone is a good queen.

Best Drag: 

Quite toned back but very signature Stone: sex with glamour. Completely get where you went with this look, commendable.
We're at the point now thought where it's far more important to do what YOU want to do, I mean, you almost died making it to finale. Live your life sister. Your dedication to this game through the entire season should be displayed in a museum for all queens who have quit for no good reason in the past. I like to think your final entry with us is actually a huge F**K YOU to Quitti. This is what tenacity looks like girls, eat it.

Chanel

Fruit Look: 

Koko's ghost look is shaking.

Score verse:

Your words are like Chinese water torture.

Portfolio: 

Absolutely not @ your 27 page entry from S1 being up in here. 
You have tons of challenge winning entries from this season that hold up FAR better than your S1 work.
I like your Untucked entry but girl, I'm not reading it again or thinking about WHY you thought doing
TWENTY SEVEN PAGES was a great idea. NO ONE WANTS TO READ THAT MANY PAGES. YOUR UNTUCKED ENTRY IS LONGER THAN THIS SEASON.
WTF.

The rest of the portfolio is amazing of course.

Final Lip Sync: 

I already said what I had to say in your Queens Rate write up, but just so you know: YOU ARE ATRL'S DRAG RACE.

Best Drag: 

Exemplary of the impeccable standard you've been demonstrating throughout the season. I adore this look...

THOSE HEELS THOUGH. Giving me maybe so much camp that it clashes with the rest of the attire??
but I like that? but I DON'T?!
Whatever, I envision them not serving Fantasia's light up sneakers going down the runway so all is well.

Moochild said...

Gladys

The progress you’ve made from the start of S4 is jaw-dropping. I think your portfolio sums up a lot of the reason you’re here. You’ve honed in on your interests and you’ve never been afraid to go all the way even with stuff out of your comfort zone. I love how you’ve gotten more confident in your direction and execution over time, as well. It’s nice to hear your voice, and your story was fitting. Your fruit dress is probably the best outfit you’ve shown, and the drama of the final runway works well. You ended on a good note with this entry. I know you wanted more wins and official recognition, but know that you’ve kept improving with each entry and you’ve really earned your place here. Thank you for all your work this season.

Stone

No one expected you to get this far, that’s true, but you’re here, you earned it and I’m glad you own it. You can accomplish a lot with perseverance, and you faced so many external challenges to get here. I’m glad you completed your Tales from the Orchard, it’s a good kii. And you say that you peaked in fashion in season 4, but I think your fashion has gotten more creative over time tbh. I’m in love with your fruit look, maybe one of my favorites of yours. I like the dress of the final runway, but the rest feels understated for the occasion. You’ve been through a lot. Thank you for all your work this season.

Chanel:

It’s hard to find something to say that we haven’t already discussed. You probably would’ve been better-served by a portfolio of all AS entries, but I think the S1 script represents a good narrative point in your drag journey. You brought it with every entry you made this season, and I’ve been fascinated with your videos. You manage to distill the essence of who you are in each one, so I’m glad you went that way with the final lip sync. The final runway is a stun. I’ve been heel-to-heel with you since we started S1, and you’ve progressed so much since then. This game means a lot to all of us here, but I hope you know the extent of your talent and creativity without the need for anyone’s validation. I’m looking forward to seeing everything you do. Thank you for all your work this season

Citrus said...

Gladys:

Seeing you go from this timid, questioning little girl in Season 04 to a top 3 contender in TWO different seasons (let alone one of them being All Stars) has been the utmost pleasure. What I have always enjoyed and related to in your drag is that, regardless of the challenge, you seem to have fun and make it applicable to your own tastes and desires. That is, every entry of yours is a wholly unique one because you manage to incorporate your personal vision and perspective into it. You're a colorful, fun, and borderline campy anime queen who isn't afraid of bold looks and big risks...And that really shows with this absolutely gorgeous final runway showcase. It's so gratifying to see your transformation not just from Season 04 to All Stars, but also in life. I know for a fact that Season 04 Episode 1 Gladys could not have shared her singing talent with us, let alone with some added comedy. She's out of the chrysalis, and she is NEVER going back in. I am so, so proud of you Gladys. 

Stone:

You really are the story of resilience in Drag Race, not just in All Stars, but even in Season 04. No matter what judges or other contestants say, you always approach challenges and obstacles with the attitude that you can do it. It hasn't always resulted in the most wins or highest track record, but, in the face of overwhelming (and highkey cosmic) confrontation, you somehow persevere. On top of that, you are continuously evolving and advancing as an artist. You're like an onion, and not just because you smell. The longer I have to see you perform and create, the more the layers of different skills, outlooks, and life experiences are revealed. From your fashion to your photography, you are always challenging yourself to be better than you were before. And THAT, my dear, is what makes a winner. 

Chanel:

There are a lot of things that I could say, but the one I want to say the most is this: I am inspired by you.The level of personal and artistic growth that you have shown from Season 01 to All Stars is beyond incredible and beyond a simple "she matured" narrative. You weren't dealt the greatest hand in life (though you have legs, so really you're at a net positive), but you are consistently making the best of your situation and expressing yourself and your truth in the most beautiful and authentic way. Your entries have ranged from hilarious to devastatingly dramatic and cutting-edge fashion. You are a creative powerhouse, a fierce and fascinating queen, and, most of all, a good person. Good luck, Chanel.

@feelslikeadream Last season for the finale, I wrote a giant behind-the-scenes/Untucked kind of  story that was pretty emotional, I wanted to really show everyone who I was. With this finale, I consciously wanted to go a different route since I'm proud of that finale and wanted to show other sides to myself. This finale is a bit scattered, but because I had so many ideas I wanted to try, especially since this would be my last opportunity to ever showcase them. For the story, I wanted to write something silly and funny and have fun with it. Plus it was fun to throw light shade to everyone since I'm not one to usually do that nnn. And just my luck picking the correct starter for you! :fan: And with my final look, I think I was so into the concept of making an outfit from scratch that the execution left a lot to be desired, at least for me. I do remember looking at the finished product and taking a moment of pause akjsdajksdksja. I guess I have a sort of near-sided vision when it comes to my looks, heavy on details but I fall short with the actual big picture. I'm so happy to have had your support, particularly since you came into this not knowing me as a contestant. I'm to have gotten to know you a little more. Thank you so much! :smitten2:

@Aciid Love you too, perra. I always will. :-*  And thank you for everything this season. I know you're always super busy, but thank you for takiong the time for this and the love and support you've showed me. 

@Subomie Out of all of the judges, I think I both dreaded and looked forward to your critiques the most. You are def the tough judge of the group, and everyone here knows their stuff, but you, in particular, have this razor-sharp intellect and were one of the most critical judges. I was so nervous to hear your final thoughts, and I was taken aback by how emotional I got from reading it. :skull: Praise and recognition coming from you means so much to me, so thank you so much. I really did try to take each challenge and grow creatively in some way from it, so I'm glad that shows. And I'm so happy you live for my fruit look, lowkey inspired by you if you couldn't tell. :rip: I always try to summon the confidence you ooze. Getting to know you a bit better has been a treat, thanks love. :hug:

@True Skarlet I was really considering adding the finale to my portfolio, but I thought adding a finale entry to a finale entry would be too overkill even for me. :deadbanana2: I knew the S4 challenges I did add were too important to omit and I wanted to represent something from this season to show my growth. And I also knew not to go the tearjerker route again, I'm glad you caught that. I'm not going to lie when I say you aggravated me by being so harsh on details of my drawings like anatomy and artistic stuff like that, but I got my kiis and they really did help me grow. :toofunny3: I'm glad to have done you proud as a fellow S4 sister. You take this game very seriously like I do, as evidence with your fantastic FPR videos. Thank you for all that you've done, I hope you know that we all appreciate it immensely. :date2:

@Moonchild You've become a mentor-like figure to me ever since we first officially met in the makeover challenge last season. I really have to thank you personally for my growth in the fashion department, I honestly don't believe I could've evolved the way I have without the guidance you've given me. I need you to know that I'm truly grateful, and I can't say that enough. For being both a confidant and a constant, unwavering pillar of support, thank you and I love you. :hughard:

@Citrus I never thought that a forum game like that would take up an entire year of (and off) of my life, but it has been an experience that really came at the right time. My own growth and perserverance shocked myself, I still can't really believe it. To have been given the opportunity and audience to share a piece of myself with, I'm still at a loss for words on what exactly to say. But I can say: thank you for being a brilliant host, judge, and friend. Thank you for all of your hard work this season. And thank you for giving me the opportunity to show my stuff. :heart2: Can't wait to love all over you soon, I'll be on you like white on rice. :gaycat2:

Did I win?

Thank you all for the kind words :heart2: 

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Vulnicura said:

Can I still win

v7tpAti.png

You're a winner baby...

v7tpAti.png

Hello pigs 

I turn 24 tomorrow, can we please get this done before I die because I'm feeling heart palpitations.

Image result for alyssa edwards gif

Hennyway

Image result for anyways gif

12 minutes ago, CHANEL™ said:

There have been some truly amazing intimate moments that have come about this season, and just as many delightful **** talking circles. A shame that more didn't happen in the thread this year, but I'm glad that there was some bitchery and banter even if the competition imploded. Glad we all recognize that I'm a winner, and if you don't, I hope you seek help!

We’re waiting for the official announcement !

• ATRL Moderator

fffff. I determined those bonus points by taking averages of my own scores across the whole season for the final 3, which I found to be the most fair, mathematical way to determine that. I'm happy with any of these girls winning, so please don't get all in your feelings over 5 points dahling.

tumblr_mi8zt7ZcJ41ql5yr7o1_500.gif

• ATRL Moderator
12 hours ago, Rhisiart said:

I turn 24 tomorrow, can we please get this done before I die because I'm feeling heart palpitations.

Image result for alyssa edwards gif

happy birthday legend

All the girls served excellence this season, the quality of the entries were truly something else 

I'm also happy we got to see Chanel doing actual creative challenges instead of challenges where you have to spam the thread 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.