BBHot 100: Ed Sheeran #1 & #6; first person to debut in Top 10 w/ 2 entries

QueenofCopyPaste

6 minutes ago, Jeiboy said:

Looks like Alessia is missing the Top 10 for real :weeps: No chances at all even if slim?

Hasn't peaked on radio yet. As long as that's the case there is always next week.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brianc33710

• QueenofCopyPaste

• alexanderao

• Mattyboy

7 hours ago, Chainsmoker said:

It was top 10 with just 15 weeks in the billboard calendar year(Nov 2015-Nov 2016). With the longevity it's having, it will end up in the top 15 for 2017.

12 weeks at #1

22 weeks in the top 5. Will probably spend thirty weeks in the top 10.

What other songs this decade besides UF and PRA slayed this hard.

Rolling in the deep?

9 hours ago, Hunter_13 said:

I hope they release the IDWLF video this Friday. :duca:

And so exciting that Little Big Town are almost top 40. Please..I want Taylor to get another one as a songwriter. :weeps:

#2 on Hot Country Songs this week! Praying it hits #1 there

1 hour ago, Mr. Loco said:

Rolling in the deep?

Rolling In The Deep "only" spent 20 weeks in the Top 10. RITD was handicapped by a slow rise to #1 (18 weeks), meaning its fall didn't slow down until it was in the lower regions of the Top 40. RITD will be remembered far more than Closer in the not-too-distant future, and in some ways already is. But based solely on chart runs, Closer is more like a UF/PRA type of hit than a RITD.

8 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Which is sad, because is one of her best singles she has released

Agreed, 100%

19 hours ago, Chainsmoker said:

It was top 10 with just 15 weeks in the billboard calendar year(Nov 2015-Nov 2016). With the longevity it's having, it will end up in the top 15 for 2017.

12 weeks at #1

22 weeks in the top 5. Will probably spend thirty weeks in the top 10.

What other songs this decade besides UF and PRA slayed this hard.

Unless One Dance's Hot 100 arrival in the Hot 100 earlier within the BBMA tracking period give it an early advantage (01 Apr 16-31 Mar 17) Closer SHOULD win SOTY. OD will almost certainly get a nomination. Work was released too early, though it'll likely earn a SOTY nomination. Can't Stop The Feeling will also earn a nomination, and could also be a threat. However, Closer ranks much higher than CSTF now and Closer is getting many more points each week than CSTF.

I don't know how many points CSTF earned in its first 12 weeks prior to Closer's debut. CSTF sold very well and received a lot of airplay, but Closer had a lot more streaming, should pass CSTF's airplay (given Closer's airplay longevity), and will come close to Timberlake's sales by the end of the tracking period. Closer could still rank in the Top 20 at the end of March, while Timberlake's song could sink now that it's holiday boost is over, and may be off the chart 4-6 weeks before the end of the tracking period.

10 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Have it around #80. Don't see how it would be much higher.

But somewhat annoyed kworb hasn't put up his final estimates yet... 

Yikes, I thought her streaming and sales were a little stronger, I didn't realize they were that weak. I missed your predictions. :date2:

Edited by Mattyboy

9 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

Unless One Dance's Hot 100 arrival in the Hot 100 within the BBMA tracking period (01 Apr 16-31 Mar 17) Closer SHOULD win SOTY. OD will almost certainly get a nomination. Work was released too early, though it'll likely earn a SOTY nomination. Can't Stop The Feeling will also earn a nomination, and could also be a threat. However, Closer ranks much higher than CSTF now and Closer is getting many more points each week than CSTF.

I don't know how much CSTF earned in its first 12 weeks prior to Closer's debut. CSTF sold well and received a lot of airplay, but Closer had a lot more streaming, should pass CSTF's airplay (given Closer's airplay longevity), and will come close to Timberlake's sales by the end of the tracking period. Closer could still rank in the Top 20 at the end of March, while Timberlake's song could sink now that it's holiday boost is over, and may be off the chart 4-6 weeks before the end of the tracking period.

Yeah, according to Pop Radio Top 20 "Closer" is 1 point behind "Cheap Thrills" as the top song of 2016.