Kelly Clarkson Receipts: When Christmas Comes Around...

Temporal

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Temporal

• Nerevanin

• kelly-clarkson

• publikcitizen

She's had an amazing career. I love her voice, i wish had the opportunity to go full blown soulful with her music a long time ago. I read she's doing it that way this time around, i just wish it was long time ago. Her relevance and reputation as a vocalist would have been so different. 

7 hours ago, ISlayForX said:

She's had an amazing career. I love her voice, i wish had the opportunity to go full blown soulful with her music a long time ago. I read she's doing it that way this time around, i just wish it was long time ago. Her relevance and reputation as a vocalist would have been so different. 

Agree. Her pop music doesn't really show her vocal abilities much and most people aren't aware what she is capable of. Every now and then I see comments on youtube like "omg! I didn't know she's got those pipes!" :sad:

3 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Agree. Her pop music doesn't really show her vocal abilities much and most people aren't aware what she is capable of. Every now and then I see comments on youtube like "omg! I didn't know she's got those pipes!" :sad:

Exactly. To me it's like Christina then her when it comes to overall voice beauty and emotion.

Both are underrated but i feel like Kelly is even more underrated because her music style not being worthy of her vocal talents.

54 minutes ago, ISlayForX said:

Exactly. To me it's like Christina then her when it comes to overall voice beauty and emotion.

Both are underrated but i feel like Kelly is even more underrated because her music style not being worthy of her vocal talents.

True but her pop songs are bops. :beatfreak:

1 hour ago, prézli said:

Piece by Piece is her only non-million-selling album? Oh, well...

It hurts so much :jonny: 

The era was a mess, excluding the piece by piece idol performance. People were more focused on her image rather than the music... and honestly I can't really blame them. Surprisingly enough that her lowest selling album was album to receive three Grammy nominations :rip: 

1 hour ago, Nerevanin said:

True but her pop songs are bops. :beatfreak:

Bops are needed for the likes of manufactured pop stars. People with their vocal talents need demanding music so they can really shine. Both Kelly and Christina have been squandering their talents with the offense to their voices that some of their music represents.  

1 hour ago, prézli said:

Piece by Piece is her only non-million-selling album? Oh, well...

With album sales dying the way they have, it was only a matter of time sadly.

The OP will obviously get better as time goes on, I just have no idea what I want it to look like right now :toofunny3: Might have someone make an OP in photoshop, who knows!

Really hope that Atlantic and Kelly's new management push her streaming for KC7. Seems like that's the only thing saving the industry sales at this point. 

7 hours ago, based said:

Really hope that Atlantic and Kelly's new management push her streaming for KC7. Seems like that's the only thing saving the industry sales at this point. 

Exactly! That's why I said before that Kelly's lead single need to feature a popular artist that is strong in streaming. 

25 minutes ago, jgorny said:

Exactly! That's why I said before that Kelly's lead single need to feature a popular artist that is strong in streaming. 

Tbh, I'd be totally fine with that. For some reason I imagine the lead single be a lot like Mariah's #Beautiful - sonically, and the whole collab thing.

19 hours ago, ISlayForX said:

Bops are needed for the likes of manufactured pop stars. People with their vocal talents need demanding music so they can really shine. Both Kelly and Christina have been squandering their talents with the offense to their voices that some of their music represents.  

Well, bops are no way bad imo. Sometimes I just need to jam to things like Since U Been Gone, Miss Indepedent or Stronger. But you're right that music that shows the talent should not be sacrificed in favour of only bops.

According to what Kelly said, it seems like it is RCA's fault. I guess that it might be similar with Christina. Back in 2014 or so they were looking for soulful songs for Kelly but I suppose that that direction of the new album was scrapped eventually and we got Piece by Piece instead.

34 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Well, bops are no way bad imo. Sometimes I just need to jam to things like Since U Been Gone, Miss Indepedent or Stronger. But you're right that music that shows the talent should not be sacrificed in favour of only bops.

According to what Kelly said, it seems like it is RCA's fault. I guess that it might be similar with Christina. Back in 2014 or so they were looking for soulful songs for Kelly but I suppose that that direction of the new album was scrapped eventually and we got Piece by Piece instead.

Probably RCA has never pushed Christina's R&B tracks despite the praise they get. I hate that label, hope Christina follows Kelly's footsteps.

What a fabulous career by Queen KC

Sad that PBP flopped in sales considering it gave KC 3 grammy nominations, not to mention a fabulous tour with LED screens and catwalk, and an iconic Idol performance of PBP

PHEW, after a full hour of work, I've updated her streams for the first time since March 12, 2016. I have everything in an Excel sheet that I can put up for those curious, but basically:

Thankful (+12,475,000)

Breakaway (+148,699,000)

My December (+3,495,000) :rip:  

All I Ever Wanted (+26,527,391)

Stronger (+77,078,000)

Wrapped in Red (+32,919,000)

Piece by Piece (+81,097,000)

Greatest Hits (+14,489,000)

I still have to update Other Releases, but that will come... soon :eddie:  

ALSO, I'm probably going to add Kelly's South Korean sales to each individual song's sales instead of leaving them off since so many other users do that for their respective receipts threads, so that's pretty cool too! With singles, albums, DVDS and TRACK sales (which I have pretty scarce data for), she's easily at 70M records :clap3:

2 hours ago, Temporal said:

ALSO, I'm probably going to add Kelly's South Korean sales to each individual song's sales instead of leaving them off since so many other users do that for their respective receipts threads, so that's pretty cool too!

The IFPI counts them so you definitely should :clap3: Btw great work!

1 hour ago, Anticipating said:

The IFPI counts them so you definitely should :clap3: Btw great work!

Thank you so much :heart2::weeps: That was my thinking behind including them as well!

On 1/18/2017 at 0:55 PM, Temporal said:

Overall

Albums: 22.65M

Singles: 46.9M

Streams: 1,938,000

For steams, do you mean SEA?

Just now, Witch Privilege said:

For steams, do you mean SEA?

No, I just forgot 3 zeros :ahh:  I fixed it, but you caught me :eddie: 

Just now, Temporal said:

No, I just forgot 3 zeros :ahh:  I fixed it, but you caught me :eddie: 

Mess. So she's almost at 2 billion. That's pretty good for her, tbh.

Just now, Witch Privilege said:

Mess. So she's almost at 2 billion. That's pretty good for her, tbh.

Including all the other bootleg formats/videos/streams out there, she's definitely at 2B :duca: And yeah, that's not terrible, but we all know she could and should be doing better!

I cannot with My December having lower streams than Thankful. That era was truly just cursed. I will always blame Clive.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.