Worldwide #1s (Week 2, 2017)

ClashAndBurn

I remember there was a user that used to compile all of the #1 singles from week to week and post them in a thread. I could make a new thread for each week, or try to keep them confined to this one thread. Either way, I find the idea of looking what songs consumers in all the different countries are listening to week to week to be a fascinating idea, and I hope that you do as well. :)

Country Song Artist
Australia Shape Of You Ed Sheeran
Belgium (Flanders) Hey Baby Dimitri Vegas v. Diplo feat. Deb's Daughter
Belgium (Wallonia) Rockabye Clean Bandit feat. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie
Canada Shape Of You Ed Sheeran
Czech Republic Lost On You LP
France Shape Of You Ed Sheeran
Germany Shape Of You Ed Sheeran
Ireland Shape Of You Ed Sheeran
Italy Shape Of You Ed Sheeran
Japan Hikari no Atelier Mr. Children
Netherlands Rockabye Clean Bandit feat. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie
New Zealand Shape Of You Ed Sheeran
Russia Your Eyes Loboda
United Kingdom Shape Of You Ed Sheeran
United States Shape Of You Ed Sheeran

I could probably try to reformat it so that the countries actually link to the page showing the songs at #1. Probably try to do that at some point.

If there are other countries' music charts that you'd be interested in me posting here, let me know. Just posting the ones that I've managed to find so far.

Was planning on it.

I've added a couple. Australia was difficult because they don't really provide an archive that I could go back and look at, so I had to use a news article that ARIA had published instead.

10 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

I've added a couple. Australia was difficult because they don't really provide an archive that I could go back and look at, so I had to use a news article that ARIA had published instead.

There's a website called australian-charts.com which archives the chart weeks and singles.

http://australian-charts.com/weekchart.asp?cat=s

OP, you might add Brazil as well as since we have official charts: Billboard Brasil which is uploaded like every week. The pop song that it's #1 at this week is Sim ou Não by Anitta.

5 hours ago, Stitches. said:

OP, you might add Brazil as well as since we have official charts: Billboard Brasil which is uploaded like every week. The pop song that it's #1 at this week is Sim ou Não by Anitta.

Could you provide a link for me? I've tried to search for one, but I'm having no luck. :(

4 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Could you provide a link for me? I've tried to search for one, but I'm having no luck. :(

http://www.billboard.com.br/rankings

In case, we don't have separate charts for pop music only and other genre types though. Anitta's song is literally the first one that could be considered pop at this chart, while the other ones are brazilian country, pagode and samba.

Just now, Stitches. said:

http://www.billboard.com.br/rankings

In case, we don't have separate charts for pop music only and other genre types though. Anitta's song is literally the first one that could be considered pop at this chart, while the other ones are brazilian country, pagoe and samba.

Well, I found that page, but I couldn't find any archives that I could provide a direct link to.

3 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Well, I found that page, but I couldn't find any archives that I could provide a direct link to.

it's because we don't have to. What we do here it' separate what could be considered pop song or not and make our charts based with the songs that are on the top 100.

Just now, Stitches. said:

it's because we don't have to. What we do here it' separate what could be considered pop song or not and make our charts based with the songs that are on the top 100.

What I mean is that I wouldn't be able to go back and find what was number one the week before, or the week before that, and link to it. The only link I have access to would be the current chart, which would of course update week to week, and not represent the data that I'm trying to display a month or two after it's posted.

Just now, ClashAndBurn said:

What I mean is that I wouldn't be able to go back and find what was number one the week before, or the week before that, and link to it. The only link I have access to would be the current chart, which would of course update week to week, and not represent the data that I'm trying to display a month or two after it's posted.

Oh, I got you. Yeah, unfortunately we don't have here yet. Unfortunately. Billboard Brasil has been updated for a while after almost two years without been to. Hopefully they'll start to do that soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.