• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wicked

• Playa Playa

• Tom Vercetti

• Maddox

19 hours ago, Wicked said:

They should redo her arc around body image though, especially in this day and age where if you're not IG model tier there's an issue; but this time around handled with more care.

He just might be :skull: But then again, he hasn't gone to a Network that will put a type of leash on him. Starz isn't that rich, NBC/ABC can't air certain content (neither Hannibal or Pushing Daisies were ratings magnets because he's niche which was also a factor). So maybe Apple is just right since they won't put a price on budget and can pretty much let him do whatever. Best of both worlds.

Hmm if they handle it with more care it could be good. I'd like to see more of that character anyway.

I hope so :clap3:It would be great for him to find the right place to form a relationship and do more shows. 

Insecure :clap3:S2 was a predictable move (not a bad thing), but I'm not so sure where S3 will go. 

And BCS losing the brother dynamic is very interesting. It's obviously a sad thing but I'm perched to see Jimmy move forward without him.

I'm also struggling the rank the shows outside the Top 3 :skull: They're all of similar quality so it's really whatever.

Better Things is too low :fish2:

Insecure had some issues imo but it was still enjoyable, also tried Baskets' pilot and it was ok; i'll get back to it soon.

N1A and Drunk :clap3: Peasant and Silverlake look interesting :eek: I'll queue those for later

hn6mio.png

10. The Deuce (HBO)

OgB7zpI.jpg

The best Drama showrunner returned after the wonderful 'Show Me a Hero' for an ongoing serial drama about the **** industry with The Deuce. But The Deuce is a lot more than that, a critique on capitalism is the most instant, but it's exploration of the complicated nature of human sexuality - especially when it pertains to women - is the most groundbreaking aspect here. The first season does a lot of atmosphere setting; the grit of 70s New York City, the music, but most of all the dialogue. While seemingly it might have came off to some people as not going anywhere since it's not really a spectacle show, and it more so was focusing on showcasing the characters personalities at first; The Deuce planted seeds of what would become the major plots of the series. Humanizing sex workers was another tremendous feat for the first season, exceeded by Maggie Gyllenhaal's Candy & Dominique Fishback's Darlene. With some other possible career defining performances by James Franco as twin brothers Vincent & Frankie, Method Man's Rodney and more, by the time the very bleak season finale aired it secured itself as one of the years best. In typical David Simon fashion, I expect the second season to display the toll characters decisions in season one has taken.

Best Episodes: 'What Kind of Bad', 'Au Reservoir', 'My Name Is Ruby'

9. Master of None (Netflix)

LsZBHfk.jpg

I was not a fan of the first season of Master of None. The acting was far too wooden, and I didn't particular care for most of the main plot. The reception was very weird to me. But season two transcended season one and because one of my favorite shows on television. Paying tribute to multiple foreign "art house" directors, giving a critique on online dating, a groundbreaking coming out story and more, Master of None follows Dev (Aziz Ansari) through his daily life as he's an aspiring actor also looking for love. In S@ he escaped to Italy for a while working at a local restaurant making pasta. Throughout the season there was a sense of a turn in Dev's life, he's getting older and realizing what that means, that sometimes your wants and needs are two different things. The only real issue I had with this season was the very undercooked romantic aspect between Dev & Francesca... It felt very shoehorned, but their little episode was a highlight. Master of None is one of the best shows to use as a defense of television since recently, if a show is too good, it's called a film. MoN makes full use of episodes, with each one distinctly different from the next; being able to deviate from the main plot and focus on other things. No one is really sure when season three will happen, or if it even will, but if it does I'll be watching this audacious half hour.

Best Episodes: 'The Thief', 'First Date', 'New York, I Love You', 'Thanksgiving', 'Amarsi un po'

8. The Americans (FX)

lHCeos7.jpg

First off, anyone saying the fifth season of The Americans was bad is a liar. The fifth season pumped the breaks after a more adrenaline fueled fourth season to really get into the characters journeys & toll their decisions have taken on them. It was a very reflective season but still made for some of the best television of the year. Philip & Elizabeth are emotionally spent from their jobs as KGB agents undercover in 1980s America, not to mention they live next door to an FBI agent. While they're happy to serve & protect their country, it's pretty clear they are done with the dark tasks of their work and want to go home. But now that their daughter is in on who her parents really are, they are also hurt seeing how she has been dealing with this, and it's clear she will never be the same again. While The Americans is a Spy thriller, beneath that it's a tight knit character study revolving around themes of identity, emotional trauma + more. It took me way too long to finally start this show, and I did at the top of 2017 and breezed through it. I was excited to watch the fifth season live week to week but I'm pretty sad that the upcoming sixth season will be its last. I know they'll go out with a bang.

Best Episodes: 'Darkroom', 'Dyatkovo', 'Lotus 1-2-3'

7. Queen Sugar (OWN)

LI5gxX7.jpg

The southern-set family drama returned for a second season that was arguably better than its first in many ways. Queen Sugar tackles a lot of different issues and for me manages to do so without coming across heavy handed: it feels very natural and more reflective of how people are in real life. This season continued to deal with issues of class, race, police brutality, masculinity, blackness, relationship dynamics, personal growth, legacy, the long lasting affect the prison system has, drug addiction, illness & more in cinematic fashion & with grace. That wouldn't be possible without the wonderful writers & directors that handle every scene with care + bravery. But most of all its performances from the entire cast that elevate everything to the next level. It continues to be one of the best shows on television by making us feel everything, from the characters ups & downs, to making us cry and laugh with them all in the same episode.

Best Episodes: 'To Usward', 'Line of Our Elders', 'Freedom's Plow', 'Heritage', 'Dream Variations'

6. Review (Comedy Central)

91oDp6a.png

Review, for a moment there, was the most depressing show on TV. And it was also a Comedy. Review is a show about Forrest MacNeil, he has a television show where he reviews any life experience. Review follows him as he reviews things such as being a drug addict, getting into a fist fight, and the one that causes the most overarching damage: getting divorced. Instead of turning down toxic things to review Forrest never says no and it always costs him. It all comes to a boil in it's final season, as the finale episode makes us realize that producer of the show Grant is the true evil enabler that encouraged Forrest to ruin his own life. I'm pretty sure that after all the depressing events in the finale that Forrest was committed to a mental hospital. The Tragicomedy of this millennium didn't deserve to be as under-watched as it was. I'm more than certain Review will join the ranks of other cult comedies before it's time like the wonderful Wonder Showzen. There were only 3 episodes in its final season, but they were all perfect. Had there been more Review would be higher on my own list. I will miss this crazy, depressing comedy but Andy Daly has already popped up on multiple shows (some making my list) that it won't be too bad.

Review S3: 5/5 stars11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png

Best Episodes: Every single one.

Edited by Wicked

22 hours ago, Topmaster 2 said:

Baskets is SO underrated but it's so good! :clap3: 

Insecure :alexz: 

It is! I can't wait for S3 soon.

5 hours ago, montrealxo said:

just got to check your updates. your taste :clap3:

glad to see Vice Principals getting some love somewhere. it wasn't as funny as the first season but it was still so good 

I think because homegirl wasn't in S2 tbh, she was the funniest part of S1 lmao.

4 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Peasant is something special. Haven't heard anything else like it in 2017.

N1A had some highs but ultimately preferred Pop2.

Drunk :clap3: 

Peasant made me wanna play Zelda.

4 hours ago, TRF. said:

Peasant and Number 1 Angel :jonny5: legends only

This is true!

2 hours ago, Playa Playa said:

Insecure :clap3:S2 was a predictable move (not a bad thing), but I'm not so sure where S3 will go. 

And BCS losing the brother dynamic is very interesting. It's obviously a sad thing but I'm perched to see Jimmy move forward without him.

I'm also struggling the rank the shows outside the Top 3 :skull: They're all of similar quality so it's really whatever.

I think it'll do fine without it, there's still a long way to go before Jimmy is Saul.

2 hours ago, Maddox said:

Better Things is too low :fish2:

Insecure had some issues imo but it was still enjoyable, also tried Baskets' pilot and it was ok; i'll get back to it soon.

It's spot is just fine :celestial5: Baskets is wonderful.

2 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

N1A and Drunk :clap3: Peasant and Silverlake look interesting :eek: I'll queue those for later

You'll like Silverlake for sure, idk about Peasant.

vlzahk.png

10. Father John Misty - Pure Comedy

Singer/Songwriter, Piano Rock, Chamber Pop
Indie Folk, Chamber Folk

TKHJpl3.jpg

I'm aware most people didn't **** with Pure Comedy, but it managed to stay with me throughout the year. I can see the arguments for a lot of the songs just bleeding together but I loved it.

9. Mount Eerie - A Crow Looked at Me

Singer/Songwriter, Indie Folk, Contemporary Folk
Slowcore

hynZqlf.jpg

I'm not about to critique this album, it's great. That is all. In my music library I have specific albums labeled as stuff I don't listen to unless I'm in a mood, this is now one of them.

8. LCD Soundsystem - American Dream

Dance-Punk, New Wave
Synthpop, Alternative Dance, Post-Punk Revival

C0DLZT2.jpg

The absence of a personality like James Murphy has been felt during those years, and his return showed he hasn't lost a step, or that their sound hasn't gotten dated. I still think This Is Happening is their best work, but American Dream, ****ty cover or not commands attention. I'm also here for anyone critiquing the current state of the music industry.

7. Fleet Foxes  - Crack-Up

Progressive Folk, Chamber Folk
Psychedelic Folk

bJttr3U.jpg

The production tells its own story, one of those albums that's long but doesn't overstay it's welcome or waste your time. With it's concept, arrangements and it working as one piece rather 'a collection of songs' it's probably the most cinematic album I've heard this year.

6. The War on Drugs - A Deeper Understanding

Heartland Rock, Indie Rock
Neo-Psychedelia, Dream Pop, Americana

WNUj6rH.jpg

My first TWOD album didn't disappoint. Punchy production (really though, the production on this thing is absolutely bonkers) The album has this one consistent feel from beginning to end of nostalgia and sadness. The synths though.

Edited by Wicked

FJM, LCD, and TWoD were all great :clap3: 

I was honestly surprised by the backlash to FJM as well and I'm not sure why. Crack Up did nothing for me and ACLAM's production didn't capture my interest so I never sat with it to digest the lyrics. Guess I lucked out :duck: 

Couldn't rank Mount Eerie even tho I appreciate the album. 

Fleet, LCD, TWOD :clap3: 

I have a good feeling about the top 5~

Great set of shows and albums:jonny: A toss between FF and LCD for my fave.

I  liked Dev & Francesca's relationship but her character could've been better written.

I love the playlist-ish vibe of the show and how each episode is its own. So many memorable ones because of that. 

Queen Sugar, whew. We love an underrated classic! And TA S5 was great but S4 is still my fave. Here for S6 changing that.

Edited by Playa Playa

hn6mio.png

5. BoJack Horseman (Netflix)

kPhVGpQ.png

One of the shows I got most invested in was an animated dramadey about a anthropomorphic horse that sufferers from Depression. Its fourth season, the show took time to deviate from BoJack's issues and focus on the supporting cast which I think was a success, although I think Todd's singular episode could've been stronger. While I think this season was just as devastating as season three but for different reasons, they ended it on an optimistic note.

Best Episodes: 'The Old Sugarman Place', 'Stupid Piece of Sh*t', 'Ruthie', 'lovin that cali lifestyle!', 'Time's Arrow', 'What Time Is It Right Now'

4. Nathan For You (Comedy Central)

lSnBb40.jpg

This show is performance art, not sorry. Nathan Fielder is a Canadian comedian who graduated from business school with really good grades, and so he decides to help smaller business increase profit. Borrowing from the bones of Godfather to them all, Da Ali G Show, Nathan For You takes it a step further with it's somber and bleak moments, making us care for the host. With the continued arc of Nathan's loneliness + awkward nature, S4 was back to business and hilarious as usual with his out there ideas and some that we saw through other outlets play out on screen. Because this show is formed around Nathan being a low-profile celebrity who uses unsuspecting business owners to make this show, I'm not sure how long this can continue. In the end, Nathan For You is more than just a seeming prank show, it's an examination of the necessity for human connection & empathy. I hope the fifth season pushes that even more. Liek I mentioned in my 2016 best of, I'm

Best Episodes: All of 'em

Edited by Wicked

First off, anyone saying the fifth season of The Americans was bad is a liar.

Welp :skull:  Overall it wasn't its best season but it was still good!

MON did not make it on my list but i really liked it. "Thanksgiving" and "New York, I love You" are the clear standouts!

I know i'm missing out on "Queen Sugar" but i will catch up.

Nathan For You, BoJack and Review :heart2: 

Fleet Foxes' album was truly amazing, as good as their first two!

Edited by Maddox

vlzahk.png

5. Big K.R.I.T. - 4eva Is a Mighty Long Time

Southern Hip Hop 
Dirty South, Conscious Hip Hop, Jazz Rap, Trap Rap, Neo-Soul

XlD74Jf.jpg

My biggest music related mistake of 2017 was sleeping on this album. The closest anyone has come to a Southern Hip-Hop classic since Flockaveli, Krit showed he could serve stripper anthems and Common-tier Conscious Hip-Hop. It all works. My favorite track is 1999 tho for obvious reasons, the features on this thing are kinda unbelievable. He did that. 

4. Kelela - Take Me Apart 

Alternative R&B, UK Bass 
Art Pop, Wonky, Contemporary R&B, Ambient Pop

BmOIA3l.jpg

Kelela is the savior of 2017 R&B, which was kind of ****, especially when you compare it to 2016. Kelela accepts the influence R&B has in her music (I see you, FKA twigs) while also adding depth to the quite frankly garbage "Alternative R&B" scene by injecting personality into her music. There's such an enormous amount of confidence in this album, she sounds like an artists whose already a few albums deep! I kind of get the comparisons to The Velvet Rope, but make no mistake Kelela is her own artist. 

3. JAY-Z - 4:44 

East Coast Hip Hop 
Conscious Hip Hop, Jazz Rap

jEeqCoy.jpg

I gave up hope a long time ago that Jay Z would ever amount to a good album again, let alone a great one. "Twerk Miley, Twerk!" was the lowest point of his career. Jay had run out of things to say, and hence tried to pander to the youth. What a big mistake. Thankfully, after taking some time out he came back with, for me, is one of his best projects. No I.D. proves once again why he's one of the greatest producers of all time, while Jay lays his personal trials & tribulations on the line over every song. From his mothers sexuality, to his own infidelities, to how he will be remembered + more. It's the last thing I would've expected but I'm glad he did this. Eminem could learn a thing or two.

2. Perfume Genius - No Shape

Art Pop 
Ambient Pop, Minimal Wave

9wjADjw.jpg

Perfume Genius returned for what will end up being my favorite album from him. I hate to do buzzy comparisons, but it sort of feels like his own Hounds of Love. He has a new found confidence not even found on the 'Queen'-led Too Bright. The harmonies, the subject matter, the production, mastering, song sequencing. It goes from chaotic tracks to piano ballads with reassurance. An album of adaption, I think it's Mike at his best. It's been quite satisfying seeing him come into his own + I have no idea what to expect on the next record. 

And my #1 Album of 2017 is...

Spoiler

1. Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory

West Coast Hip Hop, Experimental Hip Hop, Hardcore Hip Hop 
Hip House, UK Garage, Hyphy

2PjfHmW.jpg

Maybe a weird choice for AOTY but here it is. Vince delivered in numerous ways across various mediums. He ‘served’ great interviews, music videos & the most important of all: the actual music. Inspired by some of the roots of West coast hip hop along with everything from Detroit Techno (s/o The Belleville Three) to UK Garage, he pretty much perfectly melted elements together to create something both fresh and nostalgic. A problem that any artist really can get into when dealing with such textured and layered production is pretty much getting lost behind it or as I like to say ‘washed’ by their own beats; That's not much of an issue for Vince on here. He has more than enough confidence to flow with ease over everything here. 

Vince has told us time and time again that he isn't a nihilist, but the nihilistic themes on some  songs are a little undeniable but also a great thing. His unique perspective & way he carries himself compared to his peers is heavily valued at least by me. Even looking at his interviews, Vince is on an almost completely different wave length than anyone currently in the game. He's very much an ‘old soul’ in his ideologies but still current which I think is well displayed in his music. 

There's general undercurrents here of sadness, possible regret & hope. Something I noticed during my repeat listens was the connection between the songs on a lyrical level. For instance, on ‘Love Can Be’, Kilo Kish is singing from the perspective of a “gold digger”. This sort of serves as a segue for 745, where Vince raps about “pretty women” taking advantage of him, then kind of spearheads it into women taking advantage of him for some form of financial gain while not actually being interested in him or actually caring for him, which leads him to not thinking love is an option or road for him right now. THEN, there's another reference to this kind of thing/anger on Yeah Right. By the way even though I'm an OKLH I liked his feature (and DAMN.)

From the surprise but great Ray J feature, Temptations sample, Amy Winehouse clip, SOPHIE production & more Vince did a little more than enough to snatch my #1. But he not only did that, this album cements him as one of the best talents in Hip-Hop today. I wish he got 100x more support than he currently does but that's the cards he's been dealt and he seems okay with that now, although if ‘Crabs In a Bucket’ is anything to go off of it was probably something he had to accept. At some time last year I mentioned I wanted more Afro Futuristic music from artists (mainly artists I actually like, obviously) while little did I know Vince was cooking up just what I wanted! 

He further cements himself as one of the best lyricists out. There's quotes for daysss here. Thugger, Quavo & Offset should be shook. 

On this note, Vince not only delivered but surpassed my expectations on his sophomore effort. Production, bars, features, subject matter is all there. His ear is beyond fantastic but I already knew that since I've loved all his work so far. It's been a blast watching him grow artistically + deliver something that makes a very big statement. He pretty much serves everything I look for or want from artists. As long as Def Jam doesn't **** with his process, and he continues to do what it is he wants best believe we'll be mentioning Vince Staples as one of THE artists of our decade/generation.

----

I'll be back later today to post my final series, performers list + episode list. I didn't have enough time to get my EP list the way I wanted to but it is what it is.

kIM5EEq.gif

Edited by Wicked

BoJack and NFY :heart2: I don't know how the latter is still so fresh and excellent in its fourth season. Fielder is a genius!

Sh!t at Vince topping but he deserves it. A true visionary album that shows he isn't going anywhere.

Jay did that for rap, Kelela did that for R&B, and Mike did that for pop. Thinking about PG's next album gets me excited. 

Yass stan for KRIT sis :clap3: Glad you eventually got to it! Surprised you tossed in your top 5 so quickly though :eek: 

+ Kelela, PG, and Vince (love your write up btw) :heart2: Still need to get to Jay but all in due time. Musically, this was a great list to follow :party: 

Side note: I had no idea that was Ray J on Love Can Be. I thought it was Chris Brown :rip: 

Edit: I must be the only person to not really hear too much Janet influence in TMA :huh: It's probably just me though.

Edited by Pink Matter

This Big K.R.I.T. popping up everywhere, I really need to revisit it.

Great update, BFT is a reasonable pick for #1 :clap3:

Vince holding it down :clap3: 

I see KRIT was a bit of a last minute addition :eli: 

Fantastic top 5~ 

ln9s86.png

(In Alphabetical Order)

Alexander Skaarsgard as Perry Wright (Big Little Lies)
Amy Sedaris as Herself (At Home with Amy Sedaris)
Andy Daly as Forrest MacNeil (Review)
Carrie Coon as Nora Durst (The Leftovers)
DeWanda Wise as Nola Darling (She's Gotta Have It)
Maggie Gyllenhaal as Eileen "Candy" Merrell (The Deuce)
Michael McKean as Chuck McGill (Better Call Saul)
Nathan Fielder as Himself (Nathan For You)
Nicole Kidman as Celeste Wright (Big Little Lies)
Noah Schnapp as Will Byers (Stranger Things)
Pamela Adlon as Sam Fox (Better Things)
Thomas Middleditch as Richard Hendricks (Silicon Valley)
Walton Goggins as Lee Russell (Vice Principals)
Zach Woods as Jared Dunn (Silicon Valley)

Best Ensembles

American Gods

American Vandal

Baskets

BoJack Horseman

Claws

Insecure

Queen Sugar

Sneaky Pete

Speechless

The Americans

The Deuce

The Handmaid's Tale

Vice Principals

The Good Place

sskyi6.png

1. Nathan For You - ‘Finding Frances’

American Gods - ‘A Prayer for Mads Sweeney’
At Home with Amy Sedaris - ‘Murdercide’
Baskets - ‘Denver’
Better Call Saul - ‘Lantern’
Better Things - ‘Sick’
Big Little Lies - ‘You Get What You Need’
BoJack Horseman - ‘Stupid Piece of Sh*t’
Dear White People - ‘Chapter V’
Insecure - ‘Hella Perspective’
Legion - ‘Chapter 5’
Master of None - ‘Thanksgiving’
Queen Sugar - ‘Heritage’
Review - ‘Cryogenics; Lightning; Last Review’
Silicon Valley - ‘Terms of Service’
The Deuce - 'Au Reservoir'
The Good Place - ‘Michael's Gambit’
The Handmaid's Tale - ‘Late’
The Leftovers - ‘G’ Day Melbourne’
Vice Principals - ‘Venetian Nights’

Edited by Wicked

Your performers' list is on point :clap3: I'd add Uma Thurman, Claire Foy, Rachel Brosnahan, and Jude Law + others i forgot abt, there's too much really...

Interesting picks for Better Things/American Gods episodes, especially the latter! The rest is perfect!

Can't wait for your top 5 :duca: 

hn6mio.png

3. Legion (FX)

vPSdjxT.png

Even though I'm a superhero comic fan, I must admit the genre had become stagnant as of late when it comes to television. They all follow similar formulas and forms of storytelling, sometimes with bad writing I couldn't force myself to sit through (Iron Fist) or ultimately ruining others that had a good start (Luke Cage). On the movie side of things I enjoy a good Marvel movie, but they aren't really pushing the needle which is fine. In came the first season of 'Legion' which defied expectations and surpassed the others in the genre. At its core it's still a superhero show, but it doesn't follow the rules. David Haller is son of a very famous X-Men character, and he has powers of his own but when we meet him he's diagnosed as a schizophrenic that's living in a mental hospital. Of course we find out that's not really the deal, and through the surrealist lens of Noah Hawley's camera we go on an 8-episode disjointed adventure with David's scatterbrain as our guide. It's crazy, weird, and the amount of surrealism would be enough to make Luis Bunuel smile. A triumph not only for the genre but the medium of television in general.

Best Episode: Everything except Chapter 6 which is still good. 

2. The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)

bYMZ8TI.png

Even though it's kinda funny the star of this show is a member of the Church of Sc1ent0l0gy, The Handmaid's Tale was probably the most devastating sow of the year. Taking place in a dystopian America where most women aren't able to have children, the few women who can are forced into a normalized form of sex slavery and given titles of Handmaids. It's very easy for a show like this to fall into glamorization, but The Handmaid's Tale avoids that. From the way certain scenes are shot, to us learning the lives of the handmaids before this was there reality, every second of its wonderful debut season was captivating. Although the first 3 episodes are the most unique and powerful, what comes after is still pretty excellent. The performances (especially of the ignored masterful performance from Yvonne Strahovski as evil Serena Joy), the writing, directing, cinematography & even song selection, if it wasn't for my #1 this would've been easy.

Spoiler

1. The Leftovers (HBO)

ZiumSev.gif

I was lukewarm at best on season one. Season two was great. But the third and final season of The Leftovers elevated the whole show to the top tier of the Peak TV canon. A show of grief, loss, love & more. Every episode left me in SHAMBLES. The series finale beautifully & satisfyingly wrapped up the arc for co-lead in Carrie Coon's Nora Durst. I wish I had more time to go into the show.... But just know it was the best thing on TV I saw all year. Marvelous. HBO's still got it! Also, if you're a psychology or philosophy student this is the show for you.

Your episodes and performances list :heart2:

3) Legion is the best superhero-related thing in a long time. One of the best and most fun viewing experiences I've had. 

2) The Handmaid's Tale was amazing. I'm cautious about S2 though - so much change that will make or break the season.

1) The Leftovers...A perfect season for me which is still rare. But I loved everything about it and every episode was a stunner.

Great countdown(s) sis!

Legion was indeed a crazy show, i wish i could've seen it weekly so i wouldn't feel indifferent to its first half but i still love it!

The Leftovers is a deserved n1! I hope Carrie Coon gets better opportunities in the futur.

Loved your countdown :heart2: Perched for more TV excellence next year!

Not surprised to see The Leftovers at its only deserving spot!

Great Top 10 overall and I'm happy to see you loved ‘A Prayer for Mads Sweeney’, as well. It was absolutely beautiful. Finding Frances is nothing short of brilliant, good #1 for episodes. Happy to see BoJack so high as well, I seem to remember you hadn't caught up on the third season last year yet.

I said this already but Legion, meh to me. And while The Handmaid's Tale had a variety of missteps, especially during the middle of the season, there was almost nothing that felt as poignant or important in tv this year and that e1-e3 punch is one of the best ever.

Edited by Allstar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.