Does Hailee Steinfeld serve a purpose in pop?

61 posts in this topic

Most of her music could be sung by anyone like Ariana. What's her purpose in the industry? is she even releasing an album?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know what you mean. She sort of is just..."there". I don't know if she is considered more of a singer or actress at this point? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IBeMe said:

I know what you mean. She sort of is just..."there". I don't know if she is considered more of a singer or actress at this point? 

she's just a wasting a lot of space in the music industry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know. Her songs are cute (not most girls) but her image is very generic. Her music can be sung by anyone else and she has no star power :cm: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to say yes but I can't think of a reason why she is anything special besides being another hook girl so I guess she has no Purpose.wmv

7EiHu4r.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just her though? What's the point of Bebe Rexha too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is how i felt and still kind of feel about selena 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Khal said:

Is it just her though? What's the point of Bebe Rexha too

Least Bebe is a song writer and she's released multiple projects and has written for pop girls like Rihanna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Khal said:

Is it just her though? What's the point of Bebe Rexha too

At least Bebe serves some decent songwriting and some kiis here and there for BAD BITCHES and REXHARs only. Hailee doesn't write her music, just looks pretty in her videos and sings generic songs. Honestly I really liked Hailee when she first came out in Pitch Perfect and served some acting talent with her Oscar nomination and everything but with her generic music coming out every 2 month it's diluting her brand and she's coming off as very bland and uninspired.

 

TL;DR: I agree that she's not serving Purposeful Pop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who the hell came up with the aspect of having a "point" in the industry? If she wants to pursue her dream of being a recording artist and an actress then that is her point and purpose? I don't care for her aside from "Starving" but I don't see her wasting space. There's space for tons of other recording artists out there and we've recently hit a wave of newer artists that haven't quite found major super star status like the ones from mid to early 00's. She's just an artist I don't really pay attention to because her output is not my thing. Doesn't mean the same for others who are into her or like her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She lacks any kind of charisma or star quality. Nothing sets her apart. She is just a pretty face (even then it’s a very cookie cutter and plain kind of pretty) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, anklebiterrs said:

At least Bebe serves some decent songwriting and some kiis here and there for BAD BITCHES and REXHARs only. Hailee doesn't write her music, just looks pretty in her videos and sings generic songs. Honestly I really liked Hailee when she first came out in Pitch Perfect and served some acting talent with her Oscar nomination and everything but with her generic music coming out every 2 month it's diluting her brand and she's coming off as very bland and uninspired.

 

TL;DR: I agree that she's not serving Purposeful Pop

I do see that as more of an artistic integrity issue, like why would you want to dilute yourself and not give meaning to your work. Then again, some artists literally just put out to put out, and I can respect that too. I don't see her wasting any space though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Khal said:

Is it just her though? What's the point of Bebe Rexha too

Bebe writes and has an identifiable voice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and what is your point in your life right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's cute. What's the problem? I like her more than Demi and Selena. She's serving bops without being a cringy, try-had mess. Love Myself, Starving and Most Girls are all flawless.

 

Also, current day Britney stans talking about someone "wasting space in the music industry", ärojajfovfü.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A Little Unruly said:

She's cute. What's the problem? I like her more than Demi and Selena. She's serving bops without being a cringy, try-had mess. Love Myself, Starving and Most Girls are all flawless.

 

Also, current day Britney stans talking about someone "wasting space in the music industry", ärojajfovfü.

Britney's an icon who's inspired most of today's pop artists. and how is Britney related on the topic at hand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LadyGagaStan93 said:

Who the hell came up with the aspect of having a "point" in the industry? If she wants to pursue her dream of being a recording artist and an actress then that is her point and purpose? I don't care for her aside from "Starving" but I don't see her wasting space. There's space for tons of other recording artists out there and we've recently hit a wave of newer artists that haven't quite found major super star status like the ones from mid to early 00's. She's just an artist I don't really pay attention to because her output is not my thing. Doesn't mean the same for others who are into her or like her. 

yeah there's a few people around here going on about particular artists being pointless, it's really strange. probably sad that someone is actually out there trying to get what they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To sing generic songs rejected by other artists

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really. But I guess she doesn't need one. Love Myself is a cute bop, if we don't wanna listen or pay attention to her we don't have to, let her do her thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She is amazing and just starting out. Plus, her performances are very good/ Her transition makes sense because of her role in Pitch Perfect.

 

PLUS, her songs are bops.

7EiHu4r.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She has a lot of potential and is actually working with a lot of really good pop music songwriters/producers on the cusp of breaking out. I think that's kind of her purpose. She's giving those talented songwriters/producers a chance to get their songs on the radio. Julia Michaels, Mattman & Robin, Grey, Florida Georgia Line (WW exposure) and watt have all been able to get airplay through Hailee that they probably wouldn't normally.

 

I think she should focus more on being a pop star because her image and marketing is almost non-existent, as others have said, she's just "there".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, does anyone really think about her like that? Does she even have fans? If she’s a hook girl featured on the song then people will just bop to it and be on their way afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely not. Talentless, zero artistic qualities... her music career is just a tantrum. She'll keep releasing trend-hopping songs that are just there. This thread has been done a few times, which means a lot of people agree she's out of place in the music industry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dark XXX said:

No, does anyone really think about her like that? Does she even have fans? If she’s a hook girl featured on the song then people will just bop to it and be on their way afterwards.

She does have fans and she has hits. Starving, Love Myself, Most Girls, and rn, Let Me Go. Give ha time to slay.

7EiHu4r.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites