Are you athiest/agnostic?

??   46 members have voted

1. 1. ??

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

Just wondering what the % of people who are religious is on ATRL. 

I'm athiest, generally out except to most of my family who are super Catholic. 

Proudly yes.   Open to accept the possibility of a higher power. I won't say I'm entirely against the idea of a higher being or entity. 

I'm out to friends but not family.  My mom is super catholic and it would break her heart moreso then finding out her son is gay. 

Btw everyone should read Richard Dawkin's The God Delusion. 

Agnostic. I used to be a non-practicing catholic and I still pray every night but I can't tell if it's either genuine faith or just habit.

Science and living in a secular society didn't help, I know nobody who is religious or even like to talk about this topic.

I'm definitely atheist, and made this decision as a young child at a church school. I would identify more as a 'spiritual' person, I believe in souls, spirits, etc. But I don't believe in the whole heaven/hell/God concept. 

No I see myself as a christian. Even though I've never gone to church in my life I do believe in god since it's how my mothers side brought me up.

Btw the fact I'm the only one so far in this thread that isn't agn/atheist is a kii :dies:

My family is Catholic and they tried to make me go to church as a kid but even then, I knew it wasn't for me.

I've never believed in a god. Art is my god. I am my own god.

no, i'm a devout Muslim. i do practice Islam but in a modest way.

Agnostic, I believe no one knows, but (without disrespecting anyone, this is just my opinion) I also think worshiping god/s is kind of ridiculous, and that pretty much all religions are man-made and therefore not real and are more of a psychological concept than a reality. It's all about belief rather than real/unreal.

Unitarian universalist/Hindu. I believe in everything.

I was raised a muslim with some buddhist influences. Gave up both.

The more I study, especially theory and philosophy and psychology, I don't think I can ever go back to believing in a god. Religions are beautiful in their own way though and provide hope and support for many (not everyone has access to proper education and facilities and life is a bitch)

I do believe in other forces and powers we haven't explored to developed yet. But the idea of phalogocentric universe, a creator, a supreme know all power. absolutely not...and people who fail to see that our existence is thus a paradox are silly. 

Like is crazy complicated and chaotic and there are various things we have yet to explore and learn...just dealing with all these social constructs and identities and structures is crazy. 

ya'll should read Derrida, Foucault, Suassure, Fanon etc. 

i am atheist

F2SGQqE.png

Agnostic

And that's only because I was brought up under horrid religious conditions, which is still ingrained in me today. Hence why I'm still open to believing there might be a higher power, it's mostly religious conditioning I can't let go of. 

I love god. He visits me every day. He's like no other. Always gives me a warm, nurturing feeling. We discuss ATRL while we lay there after a session of prayer. How to fix the lost souls on this forum. I always suggest a prayer session. It's the feeling in the world. You just have to let him in and he'll make everything better. :)

radical atheist

come into our atheists & agnostic hangout thread #shamelesspromotion #butwithshame

GMfDns5.gif

100% radical atheist.

Vt7yiz8.gif

I'm agnostic, cuz no one can prove what the reason for the Big Bang was. Who knows what's out there? Atheists are sometimes too #obsessed and no fun at all.

7EiHu4r.gif

I'm atheist just like my family and almost everyone in my country.

Yes, verified and approved by @AvrilLaQueen ku8GxU4.gif 

I'm strongly atheistic, especially against organized religions. Being devoutly religious is not that common here so life is good. 

I'm a Christian, and from the answers people gave for why they are atheist or agnostic is pretty much why a lot people aren't into religion. I hate the term "religion" and do not consider my beliefs and walk with Christ to be "religion" but more of a lifestyle.

After getting over the religious aspect of Christianity is when I truly delve into it. 

I love to hear respectful people who talk about their point of view though, because I'm usually surrounded by people who are believers or aggressive non-believers.