Alabama vs Mississipi

Worst state in America?   37 members have voted

1. 1. Worst state in America?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

61 posts in this topic

These two states are the living stereotype of the US. High obesity, low education, high unemployment, poverty, racial inequality, social inequality, guns and so on. 

These two states also have the history of everything wrong with the US and is often two of the most disliked states in the country. 

But which state is worse? 

Gonna have to go with the one about to elect a child molester to the Senate. 

2 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Gonna have to go with the one about to elect a child molester to the Senate. 

Funny how this can be either one

Alabama easily.

It's like choosing between cannabalism or eating  feces.  

f-en17.gif

The definitive gross 

I have relatives in Alabama and refuse to see them because Alabama is just such trash.

Regardless Mississippi takes the crown hands down.

I used to live in a Mississippi suburb, and I go back there sometimes to visit my family. I remember getting on YikYak once and there being some huge debate over whether interracial dating was ok...

I can't imagine Alabama is much better though :biblio:

You misspelled Mississippi.....

I dislike my home state, Alabama, and I know Mississippi is not much different. But I would go with N Dakota as the worst state.

6 minutes ago, Jai said:

I have relatives in Alabama and refuse to see them because Alabama is just such trash.

Regardless Mississippi takes the crown hands down.

Yeah.....My entire family still lives in Birmingham. But I still go at least twice a year to see everyone. I will head up there for Christmas in about two weeks.

Just now, brianc33616 said:

Yeah.....My entire family still lives in Birmingham. But I still go at least twice a year to see everyone. I will head up there for Christmas in about two weeks.

Luckily its just my aunt and uncle who i have very little communication with. Being black & gay its just not realistic to go to either of these states and feel comfortable. Hope you pull through during the holidays though. 

Delete both of them. :cm: 

27 minutes ago, Jai said:

Luckily its just my aunt and uncle who i have very little communication with. Being black & gay its just not realistic to go to either of these states and feel comfortable. Hope you pull through during the holidays though. 

Yeah. I'm white and straight, and a Christian, but I still don't really fit in up there lol. I'm a Libertarian who believes in the live and let live philosophy. So, the Southern Baptists (I was raised S. Baptist prior to converting to Catholicism about 15 years ago) control over the Alabama government to force their morality on everyone to the point of making such laws truly sickens me. Mobile and Baldwin Counties aren't as bad though.

EDIT: My family is still almost all S. Baptist. My attraction to biracial women would never be accepted by my family who lives there. While I don't agree with my family's view on biracial women, or their beliefs that the government must legislate the moral belief of Evangelical/Fundamental Protestant on others of different Christian denominations and/or religions, I will always love my family more than I could ever love anyone else.

Mississippi has the highest unemployment rate, highest poverty rate, lowest life expectancy and is the poorest US state.

Mississippi

I think Mississippi is worse.

Mississippi

Alabama but they both can go. 

I saw this discussion in another forum and Mississippi won.....for being the worst. Alabama a close second. Rural Georgia and Florida were apparently terrifying.

Oh! and someone said north California has rednecks? Is nothing sacred? :mazen: 

11 hours ago, Almodusa said:

Funny how this can be either one

:ahh:

Ot: I really feel it for liberals living there. But hey without those 2 my irrelevant state would be the worst of nation so...someone needs to be last.

4 hours ago, LoKoPaNdA said:

:ahh:

Ot: I really feel it for liberals living there. But hey without those 2 my irrelevant state would be the worst of nation so...someone needs to be last.

Do you live in Arkansas?

OMZ5hPr.gif 

Well, at least Alabama's beaches are nice

OMZ5hPr.gif

so Mississippi

1 hour ago, Scotland said:

Do you live in Arkansas?

South Carolina

Either way we're bottom 5 in most lists

OMZ5hPr.gif

22 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

Yeah. I'm white and straight, and a Christian, but I still don't really fit in up there lol. I'm a Libertarian who believes in the live and let live philosophy. So, the Southern Baptists (I was raised S. Baptist prior to converting to Catholicism about 15 years ago) control over the Alabama government to force their morality on everyone to the point of making such laws truly sickens me. Mobile and Baldwin Counties aren't as bad though.

EDIT: My family is still almost all S. Baptist. My attraction to biracial women would never be accepted by my family who lives there. While I don't agree with my family's view on biracial women, or their beliefs that the government must legislate the moral belief of Evangelical/Fundamental Protestant on others of different Christian denominations and/or religions, I will always love my family more than I could ever love anyone else.

Thanks for sharing your story! Call me an ATRL'er but the fact that you're down for the biracial girls against all the odds was what stuck out the most to me! :celestial4: