Billboard Charts (December 3-9, 2017)

iHype.

1 minute ago, Cover said:

Reputation is no 1989, for sure.

Bad wasn't a thriller

25 wasn't a 21

Oops I did it again wasn't a Baby one more time

Up! wasn't a Come on over

So yeah...Reputation won't match a defining era but it will surpass everyone easily bar Adele

GLtWh3P.gif

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• QueenofCopyPaste

• UNNAMI

• Lovett

3 minutes ago, Cover said:

Reputation is no 1989, for sure.

Obviously not, but lets remember she hasn’t even done the 10% of promo she did last era and it’s late 2017 were the sales have dropped drastically since 2014.

Actually in terms of proportions she might be bigger than the rest of the industry now than she was in 2014. 

Edited by Trent W

28 minutes ago, Agenor said:

Taylor's previous albums have had a decent increase during the Thanksgiving week:

- Fearless - +23%

- Speak Now - +64%

- Red - +28%

- 1989 - +32%

- Reputation - -44%

Please get your facts right before you post. Many thanks.

:rip:

1 minute ago, Trent W said:

Obviously not, but less remember she hasn’t even done the 10% of promo she did last era and it’s late 2017 were the sales have dropped drastically since 2014.

Actually in terms of proportions she might be bigger than the rest of the industry now than she was in 2014. 

Resultado de imagem para and thats sincerly ciara

• ATRL Moderator

grats taylor

on a side note, what is happening in this thread :rip:

GLtWh3P.gif

44 minutes ago, Timber said:

Well, considering she's on a level of her own along with Adele, you woould think she'd be able to outdo Lemonade's third week, not fall under it by over 50k.

Lemonade opened with 400k and this with over 1m nnn

:ahh:

I don't like Taylor and she is a very basic artist/horrendous performer but who are we fooling? Her numbers are fantastic. Any attempt to discredit them is just foolish, numbers wise she is on another level and there's no point being delusional about it. She bested her last first week sales also remember so who cares if her third week is at 147k which is still higher than most artists first week.

3 minutes ago, Yndda said:

grats taylor

on a side note, what is happening in this thread :rip:

GLtWh3P.gif

Stans of every other artist except Adele are trying to compare sales of Taylor's previous efforts to diminish her success in reputation.

It's rather interesting because before she sold over 1M for the 4th time in a row many were suggesting she wouldn't sell well and seemingly seem concerned now that her numbers aren't matching 1989 -- her defining era

GLtWh3P.gif

3 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

I don't like Taylor and she is a very basic artist/horrendous performer but who are we fooling? Her numbers are fantastic. Any attempt to discredit them is just foolish, numbers wise she is on another level and there's no point being delusional about it. She bested her last first week sales also remember so who cares if her third week is at 147k which is still higher than most artists first week.

They just want a cute kii. I also think they know who they stan for and want to bait Swifties into going too far and catching a good WP.

I'm not talking about Adele stans because Adele can actually outsell Taylor. I referring to others. They know she doesn't have a top 10 hit currently and just added her album on streaming services.

None of them are addressing their faves sales without SPS either. It's all about comparing 1989 and Reputation for some strange reason

GLtWh3P.gif

1 hour ago, Timber said:

HDD predicts 180k next week, so she should be fine. :biggrin:

Didnt they predict 180K for this week also?

Pffff how are some of you dragging these numbers? :rip: It could fail to sell another copy and it would still forever be the best selling album released this year by a mile. If these numbers are bad, God help most of our faves.

GLtWh3P.gif

18 minutes ago, Duca said:

Speak Now's 3rd week

#2 212k (-34%)

Red's 3rd week

#1 196k (-43%)

1989's 3rd week

#1 312k (-22%)

reputation's 3rd week

#1 131k (-43%)

1989 was an anomaly

this is on par with her regular third weeks and arguably a bit stronger considering the decline in album sales

I think the album is doing fine, and nobody should be laughing at these numbers or anything obviously.

But we have to consider that the album is being a bit cushioned, if I'm honest:

3rd week: Black Friday period

4th week: Streaming added

5th week: Possibly End Game video?

Like the album is going to sell well obviously because it's Taylor, but I feel like this one won't have as much longevity. There's a lot that is holding the album up right now, and none of those things will be here, say, 5 weeks from now. 

I think we can all admit that Taylor is declining, but she has such exceptional selling power that her underperformances are still relatively decent. 

10 minutes ago, slw84 said:

I'm not talking about Adele stans because Adele can actually outsell Taylor. I referring to others. They know she doesn't have a top 10 hit currently and just added her album on streaming services.

Thank you for the clarification, I thought you were referring to me too. :heart2:

If this is bad or declining what is called what your faves do?

For example in pure sales Reputation has already tripled Witness YTD SPS

1 minute ago, St. Charles said:

I think the album is doing fine, and nobody should be laughing at these numbers or anything obviously.

But we have to consider that the album is being a bit cushioned, if I'm honest:

3rd week: Black Friday period

4th week: Streaming added

5th week: Possibly End Game video?

Like the album is going to sell well obviously because it's Taylor, but I feel like this one won't have as much longevity. There's a lot that is holding the album up right now, and none of those things will be here, say, 5 weeks from now. 

I think we can all admit that Taylor is declining, but she has such exceptional selling power that her underperformances are still relatively decent. 

Disagree, I would argue her base is growing and the general public just isn't into this era as much.

And you have to understand that album sales are far more frontloaded now than they were when Speak Now, Red, or 1989 came out. So comparing the percentage drops is really not useful unless you contextualize.

3 minutes ago, Agenor said:

Thank you for the clarification, I thought you were referring to me too. :heart2:

nah...Adele stans can come through and wreck shop and not much can be disputed.

that said, I wonder if Taylor can get 5 or 6 weeks in total at #1.

If she can average over 140k for the next 3 weeks then she should be at 2M at the top of 2018

GLtWh3P.gif

Edited by slw84

2 minutes ago, Agenor said:

You have an insatiable obsession with charts and also stan Adele... a bit of a coincidink! 

Just now, slw84 said:

nah...Adele stans can come through and wreck shop and not much can be disputed.

that said, I wonder if Taylor can get 5 or 6 weeks in total at #1.

We'll know better when the current week's sales are revealed and how they were effected by streaming. She won't be #1 in the next 3 weeks, but there's a strong possibility of returning to the top after that.

Just now, alexanderao said:

Disagree, I would argue her base is growing and the general public just isn't into this era as much.

And you have to understand that album sales are far more frontloaded now than they were when Speak Now, Red, or 1989 came out. So comparing the percentage drops is really not useful unless you contextualize.

I mean all of this, too. I think she's declining with the GP, but her massive fanbase will be enough to bolster her up this era. My thoughts are that if it's just that the GP isn't inter this era, then what will happen when most of the fans have already purchased the album?

There are a lot of things working in this album's favor right now. Spreading out the video release for End Game, addition to streaming, Black Friday, and now Christmas coming up. If she doesn't have anything planned for January, then I'm not seeing exactly what's going to be holding the album up from then on? 

I guess it won't matter since it'll still have sold a ton, but I'm just wondering what her next step is going to be.

3 minutes ago, keerbyriri said:

You have an insatiable obsession with charts and also stan Adele... a bit of a coincidink! 

Sometimes the stars align perfectly. :alexz:

30 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Obviously not, but lets remember she hasn’t even done the 10% of promo she did last era and it’s late 2017 were the sales have dropped drastically since 2014.

131k reputation (3rd week)

her previous third weeks adjusted to 2017's sales climate

102k Fearless
106k Speak Now
101k Red
198k 1989

only 1989 is ahead as I predicted :celestial5:

1 hour ago, Agenor said:

Taylor's previous albums have had a decent increase during the Thanksgiving week:

- Fearless - +23%

- Speak Now - +64%

- Red - +28%

- 1989 - +32%

- Reputation - -44%

Please get your facts right before you post. Many thanks.

This is the 3rd week. Was much later for the other albums, that is absolutely a big factor, but yeah Reputation is also just more frontloaded. Happens, especially with no hit