Billboard Charts (December 3-9, 2017)

iHype.

1 minute ago, St. Charles said:

I mean all of this, too. I think she's declining with the GP, but her massive fanbase will be enough to bolster her up this era. My thoughts are that if it's just that the GP isn't inter this era, then what will happen when most of the fans have already purchased the album?

There are a lot of things working in this album's favor right now. Spreading out the video release for End Game, addition to streaming, Black Friday, and now Christmas coming up. If she doesn't have anything planned for January, then I'm not seeing exactly what's going to be holding the album up from then on? 

I guess it won't matter since it'll still have sold a ton, but I'm just wondering what her next step is going to be.

Well, it's going to stabilize somewhere. There will come a time in a few months when most of its units are from SEA. So you're right to speculate that if the GP really isn't into it this era (which I don't think it is), it will stabilize at a pretty low position. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• QueenofCopyPaste

• UNNAMI

• Lovett

6 minutes ago, Agenor said:

We'll know better when the current week's sales are revealed and how they were effected by streaming. She won't be #1 in the next 3 weeks, but there's a strong possibility of returning to the top after that.

Post Malone's album is reportedly coming next week :mazen:

it will be probably be a streaming monster

his current one sold just 100k in pure sales but over 2m with SPS

11 minutes ago, Duca said:

Post Malone's album is reportedly coming next week :mazen:

it will be probably be a streaming monster

his current one sold just 100k in pure sales but over 2m with SPS

It's delayed until next year. 

Her going back to #1 in the first 2 weeks of 2018 pretty much just depends on if End Game is atleast a solid hit by then.

53 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Bad wasn't a thriller

25 wasn't a 21

Oops I did it again wasn't a Baby one more time

Up! wasn't a Come on over

So yeah...Reputation won't match a defining era but it will surpass everyone easily bar Adele

GLtWh3P.gif

Oops topped BOMT didn't it? If not in sales it surely feels like a bigger era

6 minutes ago, iHype. said:

It's delayed until next year. 

Her going back to #1 in the first 2 weeks of 2018 pretty much just depends on if End Game is atleast a solid hit by then.

reputation being #1 during Christmas week could also happen if Eminem doesn't hold well :celestial5:

Whenever Post releases he will score a month #1 at least if he's not interrupted by other debuts

1 hour ago, keerbyriri said:

commercial BOMB.

No

Hmm...why are people surprised that they go down?
Don't numbers go down usually with the following weeks?

These numbers do prove Black Friday and Christmas boosts are a thing of the past (for albums that aren't Holiday albums) though.

So Kendrick Lamar will have the #1 album for both the Billboard year-end chart and the Soundscan report for the calendar year right?

Because I don't see reputation selling 2,6 million SPS by the end of the year

1 minute ago, Green said:

So Kendrick Lamar will have the #1 album for both the Billboard year-end chart and the Soundscan report for the calendar year right?

Soundscan's year end chart ended November 10th. the day rep was released. rep counts towards 2018s soundscan so yes kendrick will have it.

4 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Grin.

isnt that true about every album?

No.

Some albums go #1 ----- #3 or #1-------#10. 

3 minutes ago, Green said:

Reputation won't be counting

Just now, 19SLAYty9 said:

Soundscan's year end chart ended November 10th. the day rep was released. rep counts towards 2018s soundscan so yes kendrick will have it.

No, that's when the Billboard year ended. Nielsen releases real YTD numbers -- Jan. 1 to Dec. 31. But Kendrick will still be #1 for that time period.

The desperation of some of y'all to find something to drag about Taylor. :ahh: 

Good numbers. 

She’s already guaranteed the 2018 year end #1. There’s no possible way to drag her at this point.

Just now, Eternium said:

She’s already guaranteed the 2018 year end #1. There’s no possible way to drag her at this point.

This seems quite premature, especially with Post Malone and Drake on the slate for 2018.

Kinda underwhelming numbers, but I can see Taylor having more two or three weeks at #1 and she's almost crossing the 2M mark, no need to shade her lol

30 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

This seems quite premature, especially with Post Malone and Drake on the slate for 2018.

Stoney needed 2 years and six singles to go 2x Platinum. Reputation is already 2x Platinum. Of course Post Malone is growing, but if End Game is a big hit and Taylor manages another two that are mildly successful, she has this.

I expect Drake to fall a bit, ngl. 

1 hour ago, EnoughSaid said:

Oops topped BOMT didn't it? If not in sales it surely feels like a bigger era

Nope. But it was a bigger era. 14x platinum to 10x platinum. only female with first two albums diamond, 1 of 7 females to have 2 diamond albums.

BOMT was the explosive meteoric phenomenon

Oops was a definitive era so that's why it feels bigger

But my point was that you can't duplicate your definitive eras unless the sales are low enough to achieve.

Artists like Taylor and Adele go 4x platinum or diamond...but 1989 and 21 can't be duplicated.

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

Yeah, Post for streaming and Timberlake will be close. at least she has #1 female on lock.

1 hour ago, alexanderao said:

Post will do fine in streams not in sales and all Taylor will need to do is have hits and that'll keep Post at bay

Drake's definitive era was Hotline bling/One dance...that won't be duplicated again

43 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Stoney needed 2 years and six singles to go 2x Platinum. Reputation is already 2x Platinum. Of course Post Malone is growing, but if End Game is a big hit and Taylor manages another two that are mildly successful, she has this.

I expect Drake to fall a bit, ngl. 

True. End game + I did something bad + Don't blame me + Delicate...it's a wrap

tumblr_men7kfZXo71qd8zg3o1_250.gif

28 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

You are greatly underestimating what post will do first 2 weeks in SPS. First week should easily set streaming records.

Yeah that'll be true but to sustain against 2M sales plus 3-4 potential hits from Taylor...

We'll see