Is Adele THE artist of this decade?

250 posts in this topic

She has won all her Grammy noms since 2010

Sold the most albums since 2010. 

RITD is almost the best selling song of the digital age and is the single that sold the most copies this decade.

She's held a VEVO/YouTube streaming record since 2015.

And that's with just two albums released this decade.

 

And let's not forget this tea:

 

 

Among other achievements... does she have this in the bag?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from sales she's a non event so no. She hasn't shifted culture in any way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More like the biggest artist of all time :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, idkher said:

More like the biggest artist of all time :/

pSGjoe7.thumb.png.1631bdbb277e775e470e7e

 

------------------

 

The artist of this millennium  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's the definitely the most popular and she's super talented, but she's not the BEST. In terms of actual artistry, it's Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae, and Frank Ocean. (Imo of course)

 

EDIT: nvm I thought it said "best artist" in the OP :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Donquizote said:

pSGjoe7.thumb.png.1631bdbb277e775e470e7e

 

------------------

 

The artist of this millennium  

You don't think somebody in the next 983 years can outdo her?

 

pSGjoe7.thumb.png.1631bdbb277e775e470e7e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Miley Cyrus said:

She has won all her Grammy noms since 2010

Sold the most albums since 2010. 

RITD is almost the best selling song of the digital age and is the single that sold the most copies this decade.

She's held a VEVO/YouTube streaming record since 2015.

And that's with just two albums released this decade.

 

And let's not forget this tea:

 

 

Among other achievements... does she have this in the bag?

I can't at Avril Lavigne selling more than Beyonce! ...this can't be right because the beehive told me Bey is more successful than the other girls :eek: #AlternativeFacts ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's clearly the artist of the decade. Her records are mind blowing. No one can really come close to her.

 

@alejandreaux You make think those artist are of higher quality, but that's just opinion really (although I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you). Sales don't lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KimmyBella said:

I can't at Avril Lavigne selling more than Beyonce! ...this can't be right because the beehive told me Bey is more successful than the other girls :eek: #AlternativeFacts ? 

This is from this millennium so from 2000-present. 

Avril was huge in the 2000s :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Miss Bank$ said:

Apart from sales she's a non event so no. She hasn't shifted culture in any way

Total bull****. This narrative is getting old. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike91 said:

Total bull****. This narrative is getting old. 

disprove it then. What has Adele done apart from sell a lot? What has she influenced? What has she changed? Where's the impact? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Miss Bank$ said:

disprove it then. What has Adele done apart from sell a lot? What has she influenced? What has she changed? Where's the impact? 

You cannot be serious...

 

You're really going to deny the impact of 21? Especially Someone Like You? When Hello was released, it was EVERYWHERE. Until she stopped promoting 25, Adele was all anyone was talking about. Not to mention she had the most viral video of last year, had half of New York trying to buy tickets for her tour, sold out 8 nights at the Staples Center, etc.

 

Like what is impact to you? Memes? Bottoms wearing pop girl t-shirts? :ahh: Get out of here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike91 said:

You cannot be serious...

 

You're really going to deny the impact of 21? Especially Someone Like You? When Hello was released, it was EVERYWHERE. Until she stopped promoting 25, Adele was all anyone was talking about. Not to mention she had the most viral video of last year, had half of New York trying to buy tickets for her tour, sold out 8 nights at the Staples Center, etc.

 

Like what is impact to you? Memes? Bottoms wearing pop girl t-shirts? 

Popularity doesn't equal impact child. Katy Perry is impactful to you just because of sales and likability? Byeeee ... :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Miss Bank$ said:

apart from sell a lot? 

Sell a lot?

 

You're already dismissing her sales achievement alone by using vague ass **** instead of posting actual numbers.

 

Taylor sells a lot.

 

Drake sells a lot.

 

Ed Sheeran sells a lot.

 

Adele sold 50+ Million albums with two albums alone. 

 

Try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solange has had more impact than Adele :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Miss Bank$ said:

Popularity doesn't equal impact child. Katy Perry is impactful to you just because of sales and likability? Byeeee ... :rip:

I'm not just referring to popularity. :rip: 21 made an impact on the industry. 

 

You really think someone without impact could take years off, while literally keeping her name out of the press, and then come back and dominate the way Adele did? 

 

Sam Smith's popularity alone is proof of her impact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Miss Bank$ said:

Solange has had more impact than Adele :rip:

Now I know you're trolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike91 said:

I'm not just referring to popularity. :rip: 21 made an impact on the industry. 

 

You really think someone without impact could take years off, while literally keeping her name out of the press, and thne come back and dominate the way Adele did? 

 

Sam Smith's popularity alone is proof of her impact. 

Artists that represent the status quo aren't impactful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Miss Bank$ said:

Artists that represent the status quo aren't impactful.

Yes becuase 21 represented the status quo when it came out. :cm: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike91 said:

You really think someone without impact could take years off, while literally keeping her name out of the press, and thne come back and dominate the way Adele did?

Sounds like Self Titled and Lemonade omg lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Miss Bank$ said:

Solange has had more impact than Adele :rip:

When your trolling is this dumb it's not funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Miss Bank$ said:

Sounds like Self Titled and Lemonade omg lmao

Who ever said Bey had no impact? :rip:

 

And don't act like Bey has ever been on a media blackout like Adele was either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike91 said:

Yes becuase 21 represented the status quo when it came out. :cm: 

Adele as an artist, as a figure, is not polarizing in anyway, doesn't represent any new ideas. She's a pretty white girl with love songs. There's nothing new about that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites