Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

79 posts in this topic

I don’t know if ATRL has an active art thread, but here we can express our love of art whether it be traditional art such as drawing, water color painting, acryllic painting, guache, etc, or digital art, we should all appreciate and receive wonderful feedback and criticism from fellow artists.

As an AP Art student, I recently started working with copic markers and I found out that they are really great to use :rip:  too bad each marker is 6-7 dollars a piece. I used them in my latest concentration artwork(I’m so bad sorry I don’t have much experience)

uexqpJS.jpg

Just now, Ryuuchan_X said:

I'm an art student that hates art now. :chick3:

:rip: what kind of media do you like(or used to like) working with? 

Just now, fememeist said:

:rip: what kind of media do you like(or used to like) working with? 

I like working with graphite, charcoal, colored pencil, and a wacom tablet when I get the oppurtunity. 

I'm really bad at painting though :skull: 

8 minutes ago, fememeist said:

As an AP Art student, I recently started working with copic markers and I found out that they are really great to use :rip:  too bad each marker is 6-7 dollars a piece. I used them in my latest concentration artwork(I’m so bad sorry I don’t have much experience)

uexqpJS.jpg

The girl on the left's shadow :ahh:

She knows how to turn up :ahh:

Just now, Ryuuchan_X said:

I like working with graphite, charcoal, colored pencil, and a wacom tablet when I get the oppurtunity. 

I'm really bad at painting though :skull: 

I used to be so into graphite but now im getting more into inking and mixed media :deadbanana2: 

im so curious to try out guache though. Being a mix of water color and acryllic, it looks user friendly 

charcoal is uhh pretty hard to use sis :rip: 

how come u dislike art now

2 minutes ago, Domination said:

The girl on the left's shadow :ahh:

She knows how to turn up :ahh:

:deadbanana2: I used this as my concentration and I literally ripped off Melanie Martinez’s dollhouse concept i hope i dont get caught

1 minute ago, Domination said:

@fememeist It's a great piece though, I love it. No shade intended.

Thanks it’s fine some people are really sensitive about criticism but I’m pretty open to the lashings

Yes :jonny: I almost did art at university but decided to do English lit/ language instead. I’m glad I did because I’d lost my enjoyment for the subject but having graduated I’ve started studying artists for fun in my sketchbook. I made a Instagram for it Instagram.com/confessionsofasketchbook 

give it a follow and I’ll post some updates. 

https://imgur.com/a/GV6GJ

:deadbanana2: I used this as my concentration and I literally ripped off Melanie Martinez’s dollhouse concept i hope i dont get caught

Thanks it’s fine some people are really sensitive about criticism but I’m pretty open to the lashings

It's not criticism! I love it. I just think it's funny she's chugging right out the bottle

Your art style reminds me of Valfie

unnamed-3-923x1024.png

a6c4946f901a0cb8188318c90f8a7871--ride-or-die-valfre.jpg

Just now, Domination said:

It's not criticism! I love it. I just think it's funny she's chugging right out the bottle

Your art style reminds me of Valfie

unnamed-3-923x1024.png

a6c4946f901a0cb8188318c90f8a7871--ride-or-die-valfre.jpg

Her artwork is so cute :deadbanana2: 

I’m tryjng to find my own style but it’s pretty difficult. Art is one of those things where picking it up early on is really great

do you have any sort of art media you enjoy?

I used to be so into graphite but now im getting more into inking and mixed media :deadbanana2: 

im so curious to try out guache though. Being a mix of water color and acryllic, it looks user friendly 

charcoal is uhh pretty hard to use sis :rip: 

how come u dislike art now

Ooh cool. I wish I was good at inking. :'( 
I've used gouache a lot in school and my paintings never come out the way I want. :jonny: 

And I don't really dislike art, it's just that school has me stressed out :chick3:

5 minutes ago, KeshasFansRose said:

Yes :jonny: I almost did art at university but decided to do English lit/ language instead. I’m glad I did because I’d lost my enjoyment for the subject but having graduated I’ve started studying artists for fun in my sketchbook. I made a Instagram for it Instagram.com/confessionsofasketchbook 

give it a follow and I’ll post some updates. 

I like your lemon newspaper artpiece!! The bird one is amazing too! You got great concepts :jonny: 

1 minute ago, Ryuuchan_X said:

Ooh cool. I wish I was good at inking. :'( 
I've used gouache a lot in school and my paintings never come out the way I want. :jonny: 

And I don't really dislike art, it's just that school has me stressed out :chick3:

I can understand. Since I’ve been into doodling since I was 5/6 but never serious until this year, I always thought of art as a emotional way to express my mood and let myself vent. I also want to become a storyboard artist when I grow up so :rip: 

PO1LtHf.jpg

Just did a 25 minute colored head of a melanie martinez reference

1 minute ago, KeshasFansRose said:

https://m.imgur.com/a/GV6GJ

idk why it won’t embed. Here’s one of kesha 

:jonny: wow I’m impressed by the way you did her skin tone and blended the colors well.  Have you taken any art classes before

I need better fineliners/ink pens to use :rip: this 0.2 pen is too short 

:jonny: wow I’m impressed by the way you did her skin tone and blended the colors well.  Have you taken any art classes before

I studied it at Adavanced Level at school. Which is like the level before you go to university. I’m self taught though and glad I kept it as a hobby rather than going to university for it

2 minutes ago, KeshasFansRose said:

I studied it at Adavanced Level at school. Which is like the level before you go to university. I’m self taught though and glad I kept it as a hobby rather than going to university for it

Your artistic skills are amazing and it shows that you can really flourish and get better :jonny: 

27 minutes ago, fememeist said:

uexqpJS.jpg

I love your style and line work :jonny: lemme stan

14 minutes ago, fememeist said:

I can understand. Since I’ve been into doodling since I was 5/6 but never serious until this year, I always thought of art as a emotional way to express my mood and let myself vent. I also want to become a storyboard artist when I grow up so :rip: 

PO1LtHf.jpg

Just did a 25 minute colored head of a melanie martinez reference

That's cute sis :eek:  

And being a storyboard artist sounds really cool. I hope you can accomplish your dreams :heart2: