Stars who need to realize they aren't famous anymore

169 posts in this topic

Frankie Grande

frankie-grande-1472134291.jpg

Frankie J. Grande keeps trying to piggyback off half-sister Ariana Grande's fame. The problem is, where Ariana is a talented vocalist, seasoned Broadway performer, and former Nickelodeon star, Frankie doesn't actually do anything. He shows up at awards shows, dances occasionally, and was one of the most reviled cast members of Big Brother. It's about time he accepted that his sister got all the star power in their gene pool.

Rita Ora

rita-ora-1472134291.jpg

Rita Ora has all the makings of a star: She has a body made for sin, the voice of an angel, and Jay Z in her corner. But the British beauty just can't seem to get a hit song, no matter how many features she gives (to Chris Brown and Snoop Dogg) and receives (from Drake and Calvin Harris) or how many cameos she has in movies like Fast & Furious 6 (2013) and Fifty Shades of Grey (2014).

Ora is known more for her messy relationships than her music. In 2016, she attracted the attention of Beyoncé's "Bey Hive" after rumors about Ora and Jay Z hit the tabloids. Ora is also embroiled in lawsuits with Jay Z's Roc Nation music label. According to Page Six, Ora sued in December 2015, claiming the label wasn't doing a good job promoting her career; Roc Nation responded with a suit accusing Ora of breaking her record contract and failing to deliver promised albums. Word is, Jay Z has agreed to release Ora from her contract, which may make this entire "courtship" disappear. Beyoncé/Jay Z v. Ora is not a fair fight, but that's what happens when you're more focused on turning yourself into a tabloid staple than you are in recording, writing, or promoting your own work.

Hilary Duff

hilary-duff-1472134292.jpg

Hilary Duff has been rumored to call the paparazzi on herself when she's running errands, because, well, there's little else to catch her doing in recent years. Her attempt at a musical comeback flopped, with "Chasing the Sun" peaking at No. 79 on the Billboard Hot 100. Her second single, "All About You," didn't chart at all, and her third strike, "Sparks," peaked at No. 93. Her album, Breathe In, Breathe Out fared somewhat better, peaking at No. 5 on the Billboard 200, but never made any radio impact—even when she tried to promote herself as a Tinder user.

According to Billboard, Duff signed a management deal with Scooter Braun in August 2016. That means she can either have a Bieber and Ariana Grande-like return to fame, or she can strongly consider keeping her day job on Younger, because Braun's track record isn't the best.

Tori Kelly

tori-kelly-1472134292.jpg

nother Scooter Braun failure, Tori Kelly, has been trying for years to break into the business. In 2010, she auditioned for American Idol, where Simon Cowell told her that her voice was "almost annoying," but she did make it to the Hollywood round before the public voted her off. In 2012, she went viral with a YouTube cover of Frank Ocean's "Thinkin' About You." Since Braun picked her up, Kelly has delivered solid, if unremarkable, performances at the Billboard Music Awards, BET Awards, and MTV Video Music Awards, but she can't seem to make anyone care enough to buy her records. Her debut album, Unbreakable Smile, respectably debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200, but her success on the Billboard Hot 100 leaves much to be desired: "Nobody Love" peaked at No. 60, "Should've Been Us" at No. 51, and "Hollow" at No. 68.

Kelly's biggest radio success may have been as a featured artist with Pentatonix on their mashup of "Winter Wonderland/Don't Worry, Be Happy," which could give her a temporary boost again during the holidays.

Azealia Banks

azealia-banks-1472134294.jpg

For all of Azealia Banks' hype, she's never had a single song on the Billboard Hot 100. In terms of album sales, her most recent effort, Broke with Expensive Taste, peaked at No. 3, then dropped out of the Billboard 200 entirely. Her previous effort, the 1991 EP, peaked at No. 133.

Compare that minor success with her headlines: she's feuded with Lady Gaga, Iggy Azalea, Zayn Malik, a child star, and endless others, often using hate speech. She's been arrested for assault. She's been kicked off Twitter, and she may be banned from the UK. What does she have to show for any of this? Not much, because she was also dropped from both her record label and her management company.

Banks attempted to apologize for her wretched behavior over the summer of 2016, but it seems like the damage was done.

Nicole Scherzinger

nicole-scherzinger-1472134312.jpg

The Pussycat Dolls broke up for good in 2010. Since then, frontwoman Nicole Scherzinger has made several efforts to break out into solo stardom, but they've fallen flat. Her July 2011 single with 50 Cent, "Right There," peaked at No. 39 on the Billboard Hot 100, and "Don't Hold Your Breath" peaked at No. 86 that September. In the six years that she's been trying, Scherzinger hasn't been able to release an actual album in the United States, but says she's hoping to make that happen soon.

"I've got a new deal coming out," she told HuffPost UK. "It was rumored all this year that I was dropped and I actually wasn't dropped," she said. "I was signing a new deal, with another label. We're still working on finalising the contract, which I am unable to speak too much about. I'm really excited about this project and new music that I'm putting together, and which will be released [this] year."

Perhaps knowing that may not happen, The Hollywood Reporter reports that Scherzinger will judge X Factor in the UK, despite being possibly the most reviled judge on the show during its brief stateside tenure.

Full list @http://www.nickiswift.com/8839/stars-will-never-actually-happen/

They dragged Hillary :rip:

Some of these people were never famous to begin with :skull: 

Hilary Duff has been rumored to call the paparazzi on herself when she's running errands, because, well, there's little else to catch her doing in recent years. Her attempt at a musical comeback flopped, with "Chasing the Sun" peaking at No. 79 on the Billboard Hot 100. Her second single, "All About You," didn't chart at all, and her third strike, "Sparks," peaked at No. 93. Her album, Breathe In, Breathe Out fared somewhat better, peaking at No. 5 on the Billboard 200, but never made any radio impact—even when she tried to promote herself as a Tinder user.

oh my god. they did not let up :jonny: 

I only agree with Azealia , because she's such a horrible person and Frankie too. As for the others why should they "give up"? Even now they probably make 10x more than the person who wrote this article :rip:

I ran in here to say Fergie

Not them coming for the good sis Nicole like that and omg that Frankie drag :deadbanana3:

Haven't read it yet, but the fact that they referred to them as "stars" already seems complimentary to most of the aforementioned individuals.

not my girl lizzie mcguire :dancehall2: 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Atomic Bomb said:

Hilary Duff

hilary-duff-1472134292.jpg

According to Billboard, Duff signed a management deal with Scooter Braun in August 2016. That means she can either have a Bieber and Ariana Grande-like return to fame, or she can strongly consider keeping her day job on Younger, because Braun's track record isn't the best.

giphy.gif

In terms of album sales, her most recent effort, Broke with Expensive Taste, peaked at No. 3, then dropped out of the Billboard 200 entirely. 

I didn't know this. :jonny:

They scalped AZ.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Atomic Bomb said:

Azealia Banks

azealia-banks-1472134294.jpg

For all of Azealia Banks' hype, she's never had a single song on the Billboard Hot 100. In terms of album sales, her most recent effort, Broke with Expensive Taste, peaked at No. 3, then dropped out of the Billboard 200 entirely. Her previous effort, the 1991 EP, peaked at No. 133.

Compare that minor success with her headlines: she's feuded with Lady Gaga, Iggy Azalea, Zayn Malik, a child star, and endless others, often using hate speech. She's been arrested for assault. She's been kicked off Twitter, and she may be banned from the UK. What does she have to show for any of this? Not much, because she was also dropped from both her record label and her management company.

Banks attempted to apologize for her wretched behavior over the summer of 2016, but it seems like the damage was done.

:clap3::clap3:  :clap3:  :clap3::clap3:  :clap3:  :clap3::clap3:  :clap3:  :clap3::clap3:  :clap3:  :clap3::clap3:  :clap3:  :clap3::clap3:  :clap3:  :clap3::clap3:  

Nicole and hilary are forever stars

They were on poinT with Azealia. :fan: 

4 minutes ago, TheCheetahwings said:

I only agree with Azealia , because she's such a horrible person and Frankie too. As for the others why should they "give up"? Even now they probably make 10x more than the person who wrote this article :rip:

It feels more like they're saying give up or put more effort in. Nicole isn't focused on an album, Hillary doesn't do anything to stay relevant except have people take pictures of her shopping, Rita Ora refuses music, etc. The only ones they dragged and said had no appeal were Tori Kelly and Frankie and it's not like it wasn't honest.

8 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

oh my god. they did not let up :jonny: 

Left her bald :jonny3:

Azalia banks was never famous to begin with just her atrl stans made her seem like some kinda success but only for hits on atrl hit threads for being vile. 

grammy-2017.gif?fit=480,235

I always found it strange that Hilary still gets paparazzi everywhere she goes :skull:

12 minutes ago, Holy Fool said:

Not them coming for the good sis Nicole like that

Did they lie? Nicole thought the rest of the PCD were just her stripper backup dancers. She treated them like DIRT, yes she did. She thought she would be given a free ride to superstardom because she was the only black haired girl in the group. Yes, she made the rest of the group dye their hair different colors so she would stand out, YES she did.

She REFUSED to let any of the other girls sing, even though Melody had a good voice. But one night that Melody tried it and tried to outsing Miss Nicole and Nicole DESTROYED her. She sang over her and proceeded to CUT her mic off. 

Another time, at their show, Melody tried to tell the audience the true tea and how Nicole was bullying them but before she could finish Nicole made her grand entrance and the audience could not give a crap about Melody had to say and blew the roof off cheering for Nicole's entrance.

Don't be fooled. Nicole did not LET the other girls sing, though they could. All those lies Nicole said about "I sang all the vocals on the albums, the other girls wouldnt even show up to the studio" is a lie. Nicole would barricade the doors so they couldnt get in, yes she did. 

So Nicole is not a good sis. She is a sinister sister. She deserves all the floppage she has now received. And shes hiding out in the UK because if her ass ever came back to the US Melody and Miss Carmit would beat her ass waiting at LAX

Not Paris....isn't she the highest paid DJ in the world?

7 minutes ago, Eternium said:

It feels more like they're saying give up or put more effort in. Nicole isn't focused on an album, Hillary doesn't do anything to stay relevant except have people take pictures of her shopping, Rita Ora refuses music, etc. The only ones they dragged and said had no appeal were Tori Kelly and Frankie and it's not like it wasn't honest.

I mean true :eli: I just think articles like this are pointless. But i guess they're fun for the kii 

Hilary hates the paps :rip: 

and BIBO did good considering how little promo she did...the only single on the Standard edition is Sparks :rip::rip: 

Isn't Nicole famous in the UK?