Charmed (Reboot) | Renewed for Season 2!

2,341 posts in this topic

Miley Cyrus

437px-Charmed_logo.svg.png

Premise

Three sisters — Macy, Mel and Madison — in a college town who, after the tragic death of their mother, are stunned to discover they are witches.

Soon this powerful threesome must stand together to fight the everyday and supernatural battles that all modern witches must face:

from vanquishing powerful demons to toppling the patriarchy.

Crew

Director: Brad Silberling

Executive Producers: Jennie Snyder Urman, Jessica O'Toole, Amy Rardin, Ben Silverman and Brad Silberling

Writers: Jessica O'Toole and Amy Rardin

Story by: Jennie Snyder Urman

Cast

2mx261d.png

zkls3r.png

Portrayed by: Madeleine Mantock

Powers: Telekinesis

Profession: Geneticist

Adjectives: Practical, driven and brilliant

Partner: Galvin

28krkme.png

4r9poi.png

Portrayed by: Melonie Diaz

Powers: Time-freezing

Profession: Activist

Adjectives: Passionate and outspoken

Partner: Nico

4t6jd5.png

28w0a45.png

Portrayed by: Sarah Jeffery 

Powers: Hear thoughts

Profession: College Student

Adjectives: Bubbly

Ex: Brian

iddshz.png

2q1geiv.png

Portrayed by: Rupert Evans

Powers: Whitelighter

Profession: College Professor

Adjectives: Handsome, grandiose, with an infuriating charm and a mysterious interest in the three sisters

f4oj84.png

9kcop4.png

Portrayed by: Ser’Darius Blain

Profession: Aspiring Filmmaker

Adjectives: Funny, mellow and in touch with his emotions

Partner: Macy Vera

1pjqf8.png

258uvpt.png

Portrayed by: Ellen Tamaki

Profession: Detective

Partner: Mel Vera

4gkheq.png

291gv1u.png

Portrayed by: Charlie Gillespie

Profession: College Student

Ex: Maggie Vera

PhreshDiamond

the way the other thread was snatched away just before we reached 100 pages :jonny: lets hope the revival is real 

PhreshDiamond

After years of rumors and false starts, a Charmed reboot is once again in the TV cauldron, with The CW ordering a one-hour pilot script that is being billed as a prequel-ish reimagining of the beloved WB original. One very promising sign: The project is being shepherded by Jane the Virgin EP Jennie Snyder Urman.

http://tvline.com/2017/01/05/charmed-reboot-the-cw-prequel-series/ 

Please be a thing :rip: ill take even a messy prequel at this point. 

PrettyBoy16

Ugh I hope it does not get picked up so we can get a true revival on Netflix. Even 6 episodes and I would be happy.

PhreshDiamond
1 minute ago, PrettyBoy16 said:

Ugh I hope it does not get picked up so we can get a true revival on Netflix. Even 6 episodes and I would be happy.

Anything Netflix touches seems to turn to gold, so i'd be here for this, But wasn't Charmed one of the most consistently streamed shows there? if they didn't pick it up from that, it looks like its never going to be. :jonny: 

PrettyBoy16
Just now, PhreshDiamond said:

Anything Netflix touches seems to turn to gold, so i'd be here for this, But wasn't Charmed one of the most consistently streamed shows there? if they didn't pick it up from that, it looks like its never going to be. :jonny: 

It is! I've seen articles about it and it's mentioned on a few articles about the reboot. I think honestly why there hasn't been a motion moving forward with the revival is because of Shannen's health and CBS not wanting to let go of the rights. But so far all the actresses are up for it and the fans want the real Charmed ones. There hasn't been a single good reaction from anybody about the reboot/spinoff. Maybe this is a way lure out the actresses or fans to ignite a revival and they are messing with us. Or maybe the CW genuinely thinks this is a good idea. Don't get me wrong I'm sure that Jane the Virgin EP is good cause I love Jane. But a telenovela is not what Charmed is. Constance M. Burge and Brad Kern need to get off their asses and fight for a true revival. 

PhreshDiamond
28 minutes ago, PrettyBoy16 said:

It is! I've seen articles about it and it's mentioned on a few articles about the reboot. I think honestly why there hasn't been a motion moving forward with the revival is because of Shannen's health and CBS not wanting to let go of the rights. But so far all the actresses are up for it and the fans want the real Charmed ones. There hasn't been a single good reaction from anybody about the reboot/spinoff. Maybe this is a way lure out the actresses or fans to ignite a revival and they are messing with us. Or maybe the CW genuinely thinks this is a good idea. Don't get me wrong I'm sure that Jane the Virgin EP is good cause I love Jane. But a telenovela is not what Charmed is. Constance M. Burge and Brad Kern need to get off their asses and fight for a true revival. 

Ahhh i thought it was!

Maybe! I suppose it would seem tacky for them to revive it on Netflix at the moment given Shannon and her health :jonny: 

PrettyBoy16
8 minutes ago, PhreshDiamond said:

Ahhh i thought it was!

Maybe! I suppose it would seem tacky for them to revive it on Netflix at the moment given Shannon and her health :jonny: 

Shannen needs to cash in her MakeAWish and get Charmed revival as soon as she's better! 

Sorry I advocate/live/breathe Charmed. My favorite show ever even with the messy Season 5-8 but its okay. It will probably be better than any reboot attempt.

PhreshDiamond
3 minutes ago, PrettyBoy16 said:

Shannen needs to cash in her MakeAWish and get Charmed revival as soon as she's better! 

Sorry I advocate/live/breathe Charmed. My favorite show ever even with the messy Season 5-8 but its okay. It will probably be better than any reboot attempt.

aqsrghgfd :toofunny2:  :rip: 

I mean she says she is at peace with the show now, but making it her dying wish to get a charmed revival with her replacement Rose and iconic feud partner Alyssa as the stars might be asking a bit much :rip: 

PrettyBoy16

aqsrghgfd :toofunny2:  :rip: 

I mean she says she is at peace with the show now, but making it her dying wish to get a charmed revival with her replacement Rose and iconic feud partner Alyssa as the stars might be asking a bit much :rip: 

You know Shannen would be back in a heartbeat if that meant she was the HBIC again. Let's be real, Prue was the witch you didn't want to cross paths with in a bad way. Plus if she was able to be in 90210 and that Heather reboot. She won't turn down a Charmed reunion with Holly and she was always voted one of TV most powerful witches along with Piper.

PhreshDiamond
2 minutes ago, PrettyBoy16 said:

You know Shannen would be back in a heartbeat if that meant she was the HBIC again. Let's be real, Prue was the witch you didn't want to cross paths with in a bad way. Plus if she was able to be in 90210 and that Heather reboot. She won't turn down a Charmed reunion with Holly and she was always voted one of TV most powerful witches along with Piper.

ahhh i suppose :ahh: but that would mean they would either have to bring her back as a grams style Wikipedia help ghost

or revive her dead body/time travel to save her (which would through up all kinds of messy plot holes and continuity issues)  resulting in the power of 4.

I forget how they did it in the comics. Didn't Prue's soul posses some witch or something? because they couldn't use Prue's like-ness :rip: 

PrettyBoy16

ahhh i suppose :ahh: but that would mean they would either have to bring her back as a grams style Wikipedia help ghost

or revive her dead body/time travel to save her (which would through up all kinds of messy plot holes and continuity issues)  resulting in the power of 4.

I forget how they did it in the comics. Didn't Prue's soul posses some witch or something? because they couldn't use Prue's like-ness :rip: 

I haven't read them like that but I think she ended up possessing two different people's body and then eventually sacrificing herself COMPLETELY at the end of Season 10 to save Paige (:rip: but why tho?) It was a very unsatisfied ending I heard even Cole had his soul obliterated with no point of ever returning.  

PhreshDiamond
2 minutes ago, PrettyBoy16 said:

I haven't read them like that but I think she ended up possessing two different people's body and then eventually sacrificing herself COMPLETELY at the end of Season 10 to save Paige (:rip: but why tho?) It was a very unsatisfied ending I heard even Cole had his soul obliterated with no point of ever returning.  

ok, so basically : A MESS :ahh::ahh: 

PhreshDiamond
1 minute ago, PrettyBoy16 said:

13912310_1140411722668394_87603084931013

Found this epic fan art. 

oh my god, I'm getting such a Stranger Things teas from this :jonny: all those memories as well, the iconic Seer :jonny: 

PrettyBoy16
16 minutes ago, PhreshDiamond said:

oh my god, I'm getting such a Stranger Things teas from this :jonny: all those memories as well, the iconic Seer :jonny: 

When you look at that picture, it really does show that Charmed was ICONIC! :alexz:

PhreshDiamond

When you look at that picture, it really does show that Charmed was ICONIC! :alexz:

For how messy stuff like the CGI was and *some* of the stories/seasons were its amazing how much of a success it was, even 10 years after the finale aired :jonny: 

Lexiel

The Reboot probably won't even have anything to do with the Halliwells we know. 

Perhaps their grandkids or something? Although i'd be more interested in Melinda Warren's story. 

PrettyBoy16
2 hours ago, Lexiel said:

The Reboot probably won't even have anything to do with the Halliwells we know. 

Perhaps their grandkids or something? Although i'd be more interested in Melinda Warren's story. 

They already confirmed its a standalone series with no connection to the original show. Just by name and the power of three. Eastwick teas. :ace:

PhreshDiamond
Just now, PrettyBoy16 said:

They already confirmed its a standalone series with no connection to the original show. Just by name and the power of three. Eastwick teas. :ace:

:rip: keep it

PrettyBoy16

:rip: keep it

Exactly. I rather sit through season 8 with Billie in it again than watch three strangers in the 70s become the power of three. Obviously they didn't watch the original show. The Charmed ones were prophesied for many years of three sisters. It took so many generations. Now all of a sudden three random strangers are them? Um... no no.

*chants* "Let the object of objection become but a dream as I cause the seen to be unseen"

JeremyVanquished.gif

PhreshDiamond

Exactly. I rather sit through season 8 with Billie in it again than watch three strangers in the 70s become the power of three. Obviously they didn't watch the original show. The Charmed ones were prophesied for many years of three sisters. It took so many generations. Now all of a sudden three random strangers are them? Um... no no.

*chants* "Let the object of objection become but a dream as I cause the seen to be unseen"

JeremyVanquished.gif

Mess the way it will just take a massive poop on the Charmed Lore 

PrettyBoy16
7 hours ago, PhreshDiamond said:

Mess the way it will just take a massive poop on the Charmed Lore 

At this point the previous revival with them being the power of four and sisters was more appealing. 

Koons

Ugh I'm just waiting for the day they announce the reboot is cancelled and a Netflix revival is confirmed.