• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swiftie13

• Fa1x intelectual

• Dessy

• Tsareena

Thank you for submitting! They will be sent to the judges and posted soon. Losing my ground quit and I think there was one other non submission, not to shabby!

20 hours ago, Fa1x intelectual said:

Okay. Comin' for dat Flop

giphy.gifI want this to be a local hit gif

Oh it was you 

1 minute ago, Fa1x intelectual said:

Huh

You didn’t submit, hurry bitch!

Edited by swiftie13

Just now, swiftie13 said:

You didn’t submit, hurry bitch!

I know, sir. I'm not feeling inspired.

2 minutes ago, Fa1x intelectual said:

I know, sir. I'm not feeling inspired.

ezgif-3-df8ad0009e.thumb.gif.45ff264fe96

I wanted to do a original entry about Brazil going from an monarchy to a Republic, but I couldn't agree on what songs to use

Then, I tried doing this tired concept about singer evolution. I thought it was too basic even for me

I even thought of doing a entry that showcased character development (thus, an evolution of sorts), but I felt it was embarrassing.

Ugh

Edited by Fa1x intelectual

hyThPcc.png

ROUND TWO ENTRIES

@Lukey

Spoiler

Stage 1 - The Beginning

You've dreamt of being a singer, but you're a newbie and naive. You have no idea what sound you want, where you should be heading towards and no confidence in what you think is right or wrong. In comes your record label who have just signed you! You're eyes sparkle, the images of Grammy's being on your shelf in your one day Malibu home, starts to make your heart pulse and you are ready and willing to do whatever it takes, to pursue your careeer further.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TciYA70POj0

Stage 2 - Balancing Issues

After realising that the music you've been making isn't for you as you're 24 years old and making music for Kidz Bopz, you decide it's best for you to find a more mature sound. The GP hate you and find you talentless, they believe you've done a bit of Britney Jean here and there to a couple of men in suits to get you a record deal and publicity, but you persevere and you create what you believe is what the GP wants and needs from you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoiEkEuCWog

Stage 3 - Sink or Swim

The new sound flopped hard, The GP felt it was forced, generic, and noise thus pushing the GP further away and you now have little support from them, your label and even yourself. You start to question whether you were meant to be a Pop star or not... You try one more time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GL9JoH4Sws

Your new song becomes a WW hit and the GP loves the sound. You've found confidence in yourself once more and you hope to not be a one hit wonder. 
(But then you release Down and Angel and you're the next forgotten girl group)

Spoiler

:alexz3:EVOLUTION :alexz3:

Introduction
Training a pokemon is like a journey and in a journey there are three equally important stages that are kinda the same for raising a pokemon

tumblr_om0cb0HF1z1qioqevo1_250.gif tumblr_om0cb0HF1z1qioqevo2_250.gif tumblr_om0cb0HF1z1qioqevo3_250.gif

THE BEGINNING

Getting my pokemon egg was like a dream come true. I’d have to protect it till it hatched though I didn’t know who was inside. It waa difficult watching my peers get lvl. 5 pokemon vs. me who got an egg from the professor. I was made fun of for being different from them and I think my first song captures that feeling of rejection and finding out there’s still hope but all I have to do is find it 

I Know a Place - MUNA
For a journey to start, you have to know where to go and where you’re coming from. I Know a Place is a song about safe places for LGBT and to me it’s the perfect start of journey/ birth of hope song.

They will try to tell you you're not free
Don't listen
I, I know a place where you don't need protection
Even if it's only in my imagination
I, I know a place we can go
Where everyone gonna lay down their weapon

Just knowing there’s a wonderful pokemon waiting for me in that egg kept my kindle burning and when togepi hatched from her egg, I had to name her “Hope”

tumblr_ookzgtBmEz1ufw8o4o1_r2_540.gif

THE MIDDLE

“Hope” my togepi was a joy to train initially. She knew “extrasensory” and a few other great moves but over time, I realised she wasn’t keeping up with the rest. Defeat after defeat in pokebattles left Hope with a very low happiness. How would I get the strength to keep going on? Hope needed to a high happiness level to evolve and I was failing at doing that. My 2nd song captures that push I needed to keep going on my journey. 

W.A.Y.S - Jhene Aiko
W.A.Y.S, a title that evokes the idea of a journey also stands for “ Why Aren’t You Smiling?” The refrain is simply

You better keep going, better keep going
Better keep going, you better keep going
Better keep going, you better keep going
You better keep going, you better keep going
You better keep going

And they're the words you tell yourself when you’re losing energy during a marathon. It’s the push you feel when things are not looking good but you remember your goal, “ to find that hope you’re travelling for.

If there's one thing that I learned
While in those county lines
It's that everything takes time
You have gotta lose your pride
You have gotta lose your mind
Just to find your peace of mind
You have got to trust the signs
Everything will turn out fine

With those words, I focused on my “Hope”. We got massages, walked miles together, participated in contests, ate our favorite foods and focused on enjoying our battles. I also got some great TMs that really helped us in difficult battles. Before I knew it, Hope had evolved into togetic and I was overjoyed.

35ff68858870b4528f75cea0c938e24a4016bb84_hq.gif

THE END

“Hope” my togetic was everything I could have wished for. We were so happy together and great in battle too. I used an eviolite on her to buff her defenses and we were unstoppable. It felt like our journey together was coming to an end but I still wasn’t satisfied. Where’s the happiness I’m searching for and why does my togetic have chicken wings. She could still fly but I didn’t trust her to be able to carry me to the end. This became really stressful for us since I was losing trust in her and she could tell. So we spent a Saturday in the hot springs (I didn’t try to cruise for a man and I was focused on my pokemon :fan:). Just in that peaceful moment, I thought of a song.

Alaska - Maggie Rogers

And now, breathe deep
I'm inhaling
You and I, there's air in between
Leave me be
I'm exhaling
You and I, there's air in between

And in that moment, feeling the cool breeze of the air and the warmth of the bath, I realized the journey I had been on felt complete. My hope was always with me and all I needed to do was to be at peace with where I was.

Cut my hair so I could rock back and forth
Without thinking of you
Learned to talk and say
Whatever I wanted to

The bullies were gone, I had a best friend in “Hope” who I did not need to change to be happy with and we were in a great place. The peace I felt also helped me remember I got a shiny stone from the professor as well which I used to evolve my togetic to togekiss. The end of one journey is the beginning of another. I can finally make Hope my togekiss fly me to the club :gaycat3:. wig

8b6e8e8f33f25985722a67e77f57eaf4c4b054ee_hq.gif

@Xedretinz Lododnz

Spoiler

mjiUzzr.png

DobcC5d.pngEn026x5.pngJspMS5N.png

@bestfiction

Spoiler

The Magikarp Story

250px-129Magikarp.png250px-129Magikarp.png250px-129Magikarp.png

Written by bestfiction (that’s me)

Chapter 1

Once upon a time, in the beautiful land of Sinnoh there was a Magikarp who had been living in the lake Verity for his entire life. He was naive and happy and his favorite thing to do was splashing in the lake and jumping as high as he could. He believed that he could jump over a mountain Coronet one day. Magikarp’s fellow sea dwellers didn’t like him but he had always been following his heart and his intuition so he’d been doing what he liked. Everything has changed one day when one 10 years old boy had imprisoned our poor Magikarp in some weird ball. Magikarp’s live has turned upside down: he used to make friends and make splashed but since then he was only forced to fight with other animals. In this world of post-modern fad, when what was good becomes bad, Magikarp needed to keep with his principles like never before. He still tried to splash even if there was no water in his new home and he still tried to make new friends who lived in the same balls.

Chapter 2

Needless to say that Magikarp has struggled at first. His peers didn’t feel like accepting the splashing Magikarp. Especially Pikachu was very hard on him, his attempts to bully our poor Magikarp were… super-effective. The Karp has felt all alone and that was the moment when he realized that only he could help himself. When the boy has been battling someone, our Magikarp broke free from the ball and made the biggest splash she could do and then… nothing happened. 

Well, not really. The boy withdrew The Karp rapidly but that splash was the one to be proud of! This was such an amazing experience! And then, Magikarp has finally become stronger and after that he felt a very strange power within…. The power of evolution!

Chapter 3

Nobody knew that such and immense power was within this tiny Magikarp. His power has awakened and now he’s gonna show everyone that he’s the best damn thing that everyone’s ever seen! Now he doesn’t need to try to jump over the mountain… one Hydro Pump and there’s no mountain anymore. From now on, he has received everything he needed to be happy, everyone were terrified by the former Magikarp and even the boasting Pikachu payed him repsect. Later, he has met a beautiful Milotic who was fascinated by his Cinderella story scene. The boy released his friend so he and Milotic could live happy ever after.

The End.

@Noah

Spoiler

:flame: THE EVOLUTION OF CHARMANDER :flame:

ISeeFire.jpgcharmander_1.gif

"desolation comes upon the sky"

For Charmander I've chosen 'I See Fire' by Ed Sheeran. To start off Charmander's evolution I wanted to chose a song that was acoustic and quiet to represent Charmander's new life. The song itself starts off acapella and throughout the song Ed's voice and the instrumentation slowly progress louder, while still remaining peaceful. The lyrics display a fire being born which perfectly represents Charmander's youth and potential to become a dangerous and threatening being.

Yellow_Flicker_Beat.jpg   charmeleon_1.gif

"the fire's found a home in me"

For the next stage of Charmander's evolution, Charmeleon, I've chosen 'Yellow Flicker Beat' by Lorde, which is more upbeat than 'I See Fire' to show the rapid growth of Charmander. Charmeleon, in a way, can represent Charmander's adolescent stage, which is often associated with figuring things out about yourself. This is specifically displayed by the lyric: "the fire's found a home in me," which shows Charmeleon coming into their own.

Fire_Starter.jpgcharizard_1.gif

"there's nothing more to be afraid of"

For the final stage of Charmander's evolution, Charizard, I've chose 'Fire Starter' by Demi Lovato. Since Charizard represents the adulthood stage of Charmander's evolution, I've decided to choose an explosive pop song about gaining confidence and becoming a full-fledged "fire starter." Although Charizard is the final form of Charmander, there is still more room to grow and improve.

x x x

@Dessy Fenix

Spoiler

Round 2 (Evolution)

I could talk about the typical child, to teen, to adult evolution but that would not truly tell you how I actually evolved. Instead I will explain to you about my revelations and the three evolving points that ultimately brought me on the road to great success. Major key alert!

tenor.gif

Step One: Dessy’s Awakening

It would be in poor taste for me to ignore my socially conscious side, as it has shaped a large part of my belief and attitudes going into adulthood. Namely how I deal with my “blackness”, the issues with police, the gang violence and crime, mothers (without fathers), government that can funds wars but not poor neighborhoods, etc. Honestly for most of my life I felt sheltered. I knew that these issues were ongoing, I saw them and even witnessed them in front of me. But I couldn’t quite understand it. Trayvon Martin was my gateway to understand “why?” My “research” had only uncovered despair, distrust, and uncertainty. While this song came out in 1993, it is still very relevant in today's times. But in few instances I uncovered hope, good things for the future. As Tupac proclaims, Keep Ya Head Up! 

Step Two: DesStroooyeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr

d4cc9e21ede2d1fce83c0956d740de08.gif

So after my awakening I just felt more angry with the world, more careless. The days where I just feel utterly stressed and upset became more numerous as I continue on the path. Some had came to me noting that I seem to be visibly angry (I’m usually always smiling and laughing… whatever that means.) I mean whatever, you would be too if you understand the world (or at least the country) was designed against you, designed to suppress you and those like you. On top of that failed relationships, fake friends, untrustworthy acquaintances. And then I have to pull up my grades, do well on finals and annoying af group projects, and be some sort of supervisor at work... What am I supposed to be happy about exactly? The only thing I’m taking away is that I’m mostly on my own if I am going to succeed in life. 

Step Three: DessyKing Claims The Throne!

NiceEnviousGermanspitz-small.gif

So here I am, at the end of the road and I’m on top of the world. I learned the truth and sought out hope. I only found anger but I had to let that out and learn from the trials and tribulation. I’m about to graduate college after 2 successful years and find a well paying career. My path is management/leadership so you're going to be seeing me on top wherever you go. No one is going to “take me off” now. I wish a ***** would!

Thank you for submitting!

Edited by swiftie13

7 minutes ago, Fa1x intelectual said:

I wanted to do a original entry about Brazil going from an monarchy to a Republic, but I couldn't agree on what songs to use

Then, I tried doing this tired concept about singer evolution. I thought it was too basic even for me

I even thought of doing a entry that showcased character development (thus, an evolution of sorts), but I felt it was embarrassing.

Ugh

some Legiao Urbana, Cazuza, and Os Paralamas do Successo bitch perfect revolution music!

Edited by swiftie13

3 minutes ago, swiftie13 said:

some Legiao Urbana, Cazuza, and Os Paralamas do Successo bitch perfect revolution music!

I am not a expert on Paralamas so tell me: what song I could've used?

1 minute ago, Fa1x intelectual said:

I am not a expert on Paralamas so tell me: what song I could've used?

Capitao de Inustria could have been a cute intro! 

Just now, swiftie13 said:

Capitao de Inustria could have been a cute intro! 

Let me see that. Give me a min...

Umm... Capitão de Indústria was very topical

Edited by Fa1x intelectual

Follow that up with some Legião and... Now I just need the closure...

If you send it by 5pm tonight I’ll count it since it’s within the 24 hour extension 

wow you all did pokemon. :matty: 

54 minutes ago, Dessy Fenix said:

wow you all did pokemon. :matty: 

Didn’t I tell you we’re in a sea of dorks and nerds :fan: I’m basically one by association too

Oh, Jesus! I give up. I had the translation for the first song all done, but I screwed it up somehow. I have to quit. It is not meant to be.

I'm so sorry, @swiftie13. Thanks for all the support (the same goes to the contestants).

I'm so disappointed in myself