Why is Lady Gaga so out of touch?

101 posts in this topic

This isn't a hate thread. Don't lock this. I'm a fan.

Lady Gaga announced in early 2015 that she would be releasing new dark pop music with RedOne which was scrapped. Everyone wants the edgy bad ass version of Lady Gaga back but she refuses to return to form. Everyone wants to hear the new RedOne material and there has been A LOT of hype for Frankenstein but it has now been confirmed she's performing her 7 month old song The Cure at the AMAs which fans have already made clear isn't what they want from her.

I'm baffled by how someone can be so out of touch with what the public and fans want from her. If she knows, why is she hellbent on not giving the fans what they want for once? She had her yeehaw era and we all put up with it but she's STILL not giving us a damn thing and I've had enough of it. Why is Lady Gaga so out of touch?

She knows exactly what her fans want, that's why doesn't do it. It's not what SHE wants. I'd rather listen to somebody's music that I just naturally gravitate towards than listen to somebody pander to me. :cm:

Dancing in Circles for example was prime example of her trying to throw in one insincere sexual pawp bawp for the gays, and it's by far the worst song of the album for me. :cm:

because she has artistic integrity and does what she wants?

Just now, Arthoe said:

She knows exactly what her fans want, that's why doesn't do it. It's not what SHE wants. I'd rather listen to somebody's music that I just naturally gravitate towards than listen to somebody pander to me. :cm:

Dancing in Circles for example was prime example of her trying to throw in one insincere sexual pawp bawp for the gays, and it's by far the worst song of the album for me. :cm:

Why can't she give the fans what they want every once in a while? What's so bad about that? Plus she already announced and teased RedOne music. That's really disrespectful and nasty to us.

Please stop.

Nobody wants to hear Frankenstein. Ya'll just literally drop everything the moment you hear about any unreleased track....Princess Die, Tea, Frankensteined :dies: 

Not everyone wants recycled ReDONE songs. The yeehaw era is over anyway and she's going back to dance music with DWJS and ASIB (though it has a hint of country/rock/alt pop)

Singers perform old songs all the time, so it's not the end of the world. There's literally no point in her launching anything right now. Plans probably changed anyway because ASIB moved up so her label is probably testing some metrics 

she's talked a lot about how she knows her fans want her to go back to "Gaga" but she doesn't want to anymore, she's not comfortable with that persona. The image comes with the music. As long as she's happy with the music she puts out and I enjoy it, I'm happy.

If you want that, listen to The Fame Monster, it really holds up

Like if she had more of that dark edgy sound, she would have put it out when she was doing that kind of music

The next Bad Romance ain't coming, and that's a good thing, we already have that

I mean, I don't think it's the right time to drop new music tbh. In a couple of months she's going to have to promote ASIB and the music from the soundtrack is going to be the priority. It would end up being a jumbled mess. That being said, different fans want different things from her and it's ultimately better for her to follow what she wants to do than to pander to people.

Just now, Kanye West said:

Why can't she give the fans what they want every once in a while? What's so bad about that? Plus she already announced and teased RedOne music. That's really disrespectful and nasty to us.

It's not. Liddos don't own Gaga, she's not a puppet for losers to vicariously live their popstar dreams through her. Also, she's been throwing us bones here and there all the time, The Cure, Dancin in Circles and to some degree even A-YO, Perfect Illusion & I Want Your Love. If you don't like it, well...

tumblr_o7asmsSds91qgf1i8o1_500.gif

"Frankesteined" was overhyped by the fans, she didn't say any word about it.

I hate how the Little Redoners think that a RedOne song is a assured hit. RedOne didn't produce a great song or a hit song for a relevant artist IN YEARS. 

Maybe she scrapped him because the result of their sessions was bad.

You made a failed point in your post. It's what the fans want - well, the ones that have clung onto The Fame Monster Gaga. Most people i.e. the General Public got fed up of the outlandish outfits so it was obvious she had to strip it back. It worked, looking at what she has achieved with Joanne. Sure - not to the heights of Fame Monster days, but she seems to have re-connected with the general public so she has to play it safe right now to ensure that those years stripping back is not wasted on nothing

We all want pop Gaga to make a comeback, but it's not what she wants to do. But as Liddos we can appreciate the quality music she's releasing that speaks for her. You can't criticize her artistic decisions then have the nerve to call yourself a fan before doing so. 

edit: I'd rather her scrap and scrap and scrap new material before releasing it than just releasing some trash single to stay relevant like some modern contemporary pop girls

She's making the kind of music she wants to make. At this point, it's just a question of whether the GP will be receptive to it.

She grew out on herself.

please speak for yourself. you alone are not everyone

Gaga knows very well what her fans want. It’s just not what she wants to do. 

You can't live in the past, unfortunately. That's how you end up being pandered to. I don't think she's going to give you another The Fame Monster until she hits her parabolic low point and then come back with a nostalgic mess in 2025 her fans will love for a week and then claim "it's still just not the same."

Honestly, we can do nothing with that. She does what she want...

which is clearly NOT releasing acclaimed pieces of work that could be remembered through becoming hits or through raving reviews of critics. The same with videos.

Oh well, we can always use her 2008-2011 legacy

15 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

This isn't a hate thread. Don't lock this. I'm a fan.

Lady Gaga announced in early 2015 that she would be releasing new dark pop music with RedOne which was scrapped. Everyone wants the edgy bad ass version of Lady Gaga back but she refuses to return to form. Everyone wants to hear the new RedOne material and there has been A LOT of hype for Frankenstein but it has now been confirmed she's performing her 7 month old song The Cure at the AMAs which fans have already made clear isn't what they want from her.

I'm baffled by how someone can be so out of touch with what the public and fans want from her. If she knows, why is she hellbent on not giving the fans what they want for once? She had her yeehaw era and we all put up with it but she's STILL not giving us a damn thing and I've had enough of it. Why is Lady Gaga so out of touch?

Joanne worked out well for her. She catered to her fans with ARTPOP and we saw what that got her. A 30 year old does not need to be making the same music they did at 20. 

Just now, MAKSIM said:

Joanne worked out well for her. She catered to her fans with ARTPOP and we saw what that got her. A 30 year old does not need to be making the same music they did at 20. 

Joanne was a disaster. Don't lie to yourself. No hits at all. The little success it had was only due to her past legacy.

1 minute ago, MAKSIM said:

She catered to her fans with ARTPOP and we saw what that got her. A 30 year old does not need to be making the same music they did at 20.

This is the obvious point, however it's clear that "The Cure" is the most accessible song she's ever done, and yet her fans are not hear for that level of generic production. Seems that she's between a bit of a rock and a hard place at this point.

No offense but audiences are fickle. This isn't the case for just Lady Gaga fans or even music listeners in general, but it's likewise for the WWE Universe. You don't know what you want, and if one vocal aspect of your desires is heard, it's to repeat the 'glory days' (Fame Monster in Gaga's repertoire; Attitude Era in WWE's.) Allow the creators of the art to deliver what they want, as and when they want. They are listening to your ideas. Always. Never think they are not. But ultimately, they make the final decision. Instead of reacting negatively, think about the positives: "The Cure" is a top 5, stand-alone feel-good track that is both new and unrelated to the Joanne project. It also, if you watch the Five Foot Two documentary on Netflix, has a deep, very personal story to not only Gaga but her Haus friends/family. It is also a message to her fans. It is a message to America. Be patient, good things are coming, I promise. Listen :heart2:

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

Joanne was a disaster. Don't lie to yourself. No hits at all. The little success it had was only due to her past legacy.

LOL it was not a disaster. She recupered part of the GP, gained more respect and soldout the tour.

ARTPOP was the disaster and why she becames "normal".

Artistic integrity

Talent

The ability to write her own material that she wants to

Not everyone has that

Just now, Clubhouse said:

No offense but audiences are fickle. This isn't the case for just Lady Gaga fans or even music listeners in general, but it's likewise for the WWE Universe. You don't know what you want, and if one vocal aspect of your desires is heard, it's to repeat the 'glory days' (Fame Monster in Gaga's repertoire; Attitude Era in WWE's.) Allow the creators of the art to deliver what they want, as and when they want. They are listening to your ideas. Always. Never think they are not. But ultimately, they make the final decision. Instead of reacting negatively, think about the positives. "The Cure" is a top 5, stand-alone feel-good track that is both new and unrelated to the Joanne project. It also, if you watch the Five Foot Two documentary on Netflix, has a deep, very personal story to not only Gaga but her Haus friends/family. It is also a message to her fans. It is a message to America. Be patient, good things are coming, I promise.

What do you know?

Just now, Nicholai said:

LOL it was not a disaster. She recupered part of the GP, gained more respect and soldout the tour.

ARTPOP was the disaster and why she becames "normal".

She didn't recuperate anything. Joanne had no impact which is why the GP didn't respond at all. The tour was once again sold based on her legacy.

I don't know why you keep on bringing up ARTPOP. It's an awful album with some of the laziest songwriting, noisy production, and most awful themes in her career. Your argument is poor. It's like being given a rotten burger then claiming all burgers are the same.