Best of 2018 is now open! Read more... ×

140 posts in this topic

Humoresque

Prayer :jonny: Honestly I have a pretty stellar head of hair, but I dread the day I begin to lose it in earnest. Losing a few strands of hair a day is totally normal, but when I shower and see one on my hand after shampooing, I want to sit down right then and there and question when my life began to end. :jonny:

Arthoe

Find out if your hair loss is due to preventable causes (stress, wrong haircare routine, using hair ties to often) or if it is hereditary. Most men suffer from the last one, so the only option is to accept and rock the bald. :cm:

vamp
4 minutes ago, Arthoe said:

Find out if your hair loss is due to preventable causes (stress, wrong haircare routine, using hair ties to often) or if it is hereditary. Most men suffer from the last one, so the only option is to accept and rock the bald. :cm:

My hair is receding. Its not drastic but I want to try to stop it before it recedes further.

KiiPopHunty
10 minutes ago, Humoresque said:

Prayer :jonny: Honestly I have a pretty stellar head of hair, but I dread the day I begin to lose it in earnest. Losing a few strands of hair a day is totally normal, but when I shower and see one on my hand after shampooing, I want to sit down right then and there and question when my life began to end. :jonny:

get on propecia NOW to keep it.

6 minutes ago, Arthoe said:

:skull: as if propecia, rogaine, hair transplants, etc. don't exist :skull: 

KiiPopHunty
1 minute ago, vamp said:

My hair is receding. Its not drastic but I want to try to stop it before it recedes further.

have you seen a dermatologist? Really, get on propecia/finasteride, and use rogaine to try and regrow the hair back if it hasn't been years since that hair fell out.

KiiPopHunty
4 minutes ago, Whis said:

Wait... I've got one hair or two on my hands after washing them does that mean I've got a case of hairloss?

most likely not, everyone has hair that comes out when washing their hair or while they sleep. as long as it's not extreme amounts of shedding to the point that it becomes noticeable, you're probably fine. If it looks like your hair is thinning or your hairline is receding, then go to a dermatologist and get on meds before it starts.

GreatCoolBright

Anyone who is already balding, please give us girls some advice what yo would've done differently! (i know it's also genetic but some advice would be nice, e.g. cutting protein shakes/steroids)

Whis

Just make sure that you don't panic too soon sisters, I once thought I was balding but my doctor and dermatologist just told me that my hairline was maturing :heart2:

KiiPopHunty
5 minutes ago, GreatCoolBright said:

Anyone who is already balding, please give us girls some advice what yo would've done differently! (i know it's also genetic but some advice would be nice, e.g. cutting protein shakes/steroids)

I'm not balding, but I'm scared of it, so I've done a lot of research :cm: no steroids, clean your scalp well in the shower to get good blood flow, and get on a medication like propecia/finasteride/dutasteride to stop it from starting, or if it's already started, stop it from getting worse.

Also take pictures of your hairline with your hair pulled back every few months so you can keep track of it and tell if it's receding or not.

Mtjjproducer

When I had longer hair I was afraid I was loosing it because I would shed a lot but my hair was just damaged from bleaching and flat iron/ blow drying it. I cut the bleach out of my hair and have been slaying ever since 

vamp
Roman Holiday

Apparently Shapiro MD Shampoo is supposed to work wonders. 

41EDfR9wX+L.jpg

Ive noticed my hair is thinning a bit on top, so I ordered this stuff. Haven’t tried it yet, but we’ll see. It takes a few weeks to see results. 

Roman Holiday
1 hour ago, Humoresque said:

You know what, this same thing has been happening to me. It started about a year ago when I moved back home to finish college. I never noticed it before then, but literally the week i moved in until now, my hair has been breaking off to the point where my hands look like a dog shedded on them. I’m wondering if the water quality of my parents house has something to do with it. Check your water.

vamp
42 minutes ago, Roman Holiday said:

Apparently Shapiro MD Shampoo is supposed to work wonders. 

41EDfR9wX+L.jpg

Ive noticed my hair is thinning a bit on top, so I ordered this stuff. Haven’t tried it yet, but we’ll see. It takes a few weeks to see results. 

Thanks! Keep me posted!

Odyssey
1 hour ago, vamp said:

I found something on youtube. I think I'm going to use his regimen and use castor oil instead of lavender.

girl you gotta stick to evidence-based treatments, not this homeopathic youtube witchcraft

propecia and rogaine are very well-validated, they're you're only hope for preventing hairloss 

vamp
8 hours ago, Odyssey said:

girl you gotta stick to evidence-based treatments, not this homeopathic youtube witchcraft

propecia and rogaine are very well-validated, they're you're only hope for preventing hairloss 

If youre on rogaine and then stop using your hair falls out. No thanks.

KiiPopHunty
2 minutes ago, vamp said:

If youre on rogaine and then stop using your hair falls out. No thanks.

Then just use propecia sis :skull: 

Triton

I'll never go bald which is great, all my hair went to my head and I'm smooth almost everywhere but I can't grow facial hair to save my life... my darn cat has more whiskers than I do.

Anyways while trying to change that I found this.... it's supposed to be for hair loss but people used it on their beards... it's really cheap on Amazon. It's called Minoxidil, look up the youtube videos. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E65F7R6/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_1_w

harwee

From that I have seen of others here's some (but take with grain of salt this is from my observation only):

- Steroids is definite culprit. This one for sure will get back to you sooner than you think. 

- Workout is great for bod but getting muscular at young age is too much stress for a young body that will haunt you later. 

Most these bulked up teens will be bald/balding/thinning hair by mid 20s maybe earlier

- Stress is HUGE! Overwork, over-worry, major sickness, those who are always sick during winter, major disease, depression are HUGE contributing factors

- chemicals and hair color are actually NOT big factors from what I have seen. I know people who color their hair all their lives and have good hair. 

- regular injury from sports, that causes trauma on body and therefore hairloss, especially if you play sports. Notice these soccer players balding or rising hairline in their 20s.  

- plucking/shaving will stress your scalp or body, sometimes it will grow, sometimes it wont' grow enough and that's it

- dirty hair and not cleaning your hair

- hot shower. OMG that will dry up your scalp and kill natural scalp 

- cold windy weather. Not the hot summer wind, but the winter wind. Try going out no a windy winter or fall and comb your hair, you'll see hair on your bomb. That's cause cold wind dry up the scalp. 

KiiPopHunty
9 minutes ago, vamp said:

I dont know what that is. Did you see any results?

I actually haven’t gotten on propecia yet, but I’m fairly young and going to see a dermatologist about it soon. Online there have been a lot of great reviews and photos over years showing how it has helped guys keep their hair. It’s the only medication that legitimately stops/significantly slows hair loss and miniaturization. It’s in the same category as finasteride and dutasteride, which stop the conversion of testosterone to DHT, the hormone that causes hair loss. You should really look into it since there’s nothing to lose by taking it.

KiiPopHunty
3 minutes ago, harwee said:

From that I have seen of others here's some (but take with grain of salt this is from my observation only):

- Steroids is definite culprit. This one for sure will get back to you sooner than you think. 

- Workout is great for bod but getting muscular at young age is too much stress for a young body that will haunt you later. 

Most these bulked up teens will be bald/balding/thinning hair by mid 20s maybe earlier

- Stress is HUGE! Overwork, over-worry, major sickness, those who are always sick during winter, major disease, depression are HUGE contributing factors

- chemicals and hair color are actually NOT big factors from what I have seen. I know people who color their hair all their lives and have good hair. 

- regular injury from sports, that causes trauma on body and therefore hairloss, especially if you play sports. Notice these soccer players balding or rising hairline in their 20s.  

- plucking/shaving will stress your scalp or body, sometimes it will grow, sometimes it wont' grow enough and that's it

- dirty hair and not cleaning your hair

- hot shower. OMG that will dry up your scalp and kill natural scalp 

- cold windy weather. Not the hot summer wind, but the winter wind. Try going out no a windy winter or fall and comb your hair, you'll see hair on your bomb. That's cause cold wind dry up the scalp. 

I just wanted to clarify that these can cause temporary hair loss or thinning, but not male pattern baldness/androgenic alopecia.