What will Pokemon Switch be?

68 posts in this topic

Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild are amazing, let's face it. Breath of the Wild revolutionized the franchise and also single handedly saved the Switch from flopping.

Nintendo's other cash cow (Pokemon) are also coming to the Switch sometime next year (or more likely 2019).

That being said, what are you looking for in the Switch iteration of Pokemon? A whole new generation? Diamond and Pearl remakes? A reimagining/sequel to RBY?

I personally think they will remake RBY as the first games on the Switch, simply because it would sell like crazy. It's just a smart business move. :michael: 

It’ll either be one of the greatest games in the last 10 years or a giant disappointment :gaycat2:

Just now, DripDrip said:

It’ll either be one of the greatest games in the last 10 years or a giant disappointment :gaycat2:

me with every Pokemon game since HGSS

probably lackluster compared to the potential.

really cant seet hem pull a BOT or Odyssey

I would rather see remakes of Red/Blue/Yellow. FireRed and LeafGreen are older than Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, which would make R/B/Y in more need of an upgrade. Also, do people ever talk about how much they loved Gen IV? :rip: It wasn't a bad generation, but it was also really uninteresting. I've only managed to play through it once.

While I think a Kanto redo would do really well on the Switch, and in the past I have thought this would be the first game, now I think it’ll be gen 8 with some sort of gen 1 pandering like they did this past gen and the Alola forms.  

I don't expect anything spectacular, it will be like the other Pokémon games but on the Switch, that's it. I'll buy it of course. And it has already been confirmed it's going to be a complete new generation Erreur2 La Nature

Buying it if I have money to own a Switch by then

Americain.thumb.jpg.5abdbbf2dc529212b8ca 

As Long as they fire all the people involved in the design and creation of Ultra Beasts and get back to basics bringing gyms back anything goes. 

Surely great graphics

But right now what they should do is WAIT WAIT WAIT until the game is 100% flawless, even if that means holiday 2019. Pokémon fans are dragging because of the newest games and all of the missed potential. If GF doesn't step up their game i'm afraid we will have a make it or break it situation.

Preferably, I want a new gen with the ability to go back to all the other regions in some extent post game.  It doesn’t have to be every entire region, but a section of each would be cute to go back and do some tasks while being able to catch pokemon native to that region plus their legendaries.  

5 minutes ago, Bloo said:

I would rather see remakes of Red/Blue/Yellow. FireRed and LeafGreen are older than Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, which would make R/B/Y in more need of an upgrade. Also, do people ever talk about how much they loved Gen IV? :rip: It wasn't a bad generation, but it was also really uninteresting. I've only managed to play through it once.

It's one of the most liked generations :rip:

It will be revolutionary for sure 

8 minutes ago, DripDrip said:

Speak the truth drip, this games needs to be revolutionary. Sun moon, x and y and oras were all pretty much the same

I’m sure the games will be flawless. I mean, I’m perched and ready for the improved graphics, new generation. If they debut with a new generation, it’ll be bound to slay. 

1 minute ago, By the Water said:

NO IT IS NOT :ahh: 

Pokemon isn't made by Nintendo so don't compare it to BOTW or Odyssey.

It'd be healthier to compare it to Pokken Tournament LOL.

2 minutes ago, jpow said:

:toofunny2: 

—————

* Easy, Medium, and hard options. 

* One Pokémon following you.

8 minutes ago, By the Water said:

How old are you? It's the most forgotten generation... :toofunny3: 

11 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Same I thought it was one of the most liked ones

I thought the gen that everyone hated was the 5th

I'm here for RBY getting remakes again but allows you to travel to Alola or Johto :jonny3: 

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

How old are you? It's the most forgotten generation... :toofunny3: 

:rip: Sure.

8 minutes ago, jpow said:

But it is. Because of how big the DS was a lot of people's first Pokémon game was D/P. D/P sold more than R/S despite the fact that the franchise was declining. Also, a lot of people consider HG/SS and Platinum to be the best games of the series. Why do you think there so many meltdowns when US/UM got announced over the fact they were not D/P remakes or a switch game? Of course gens I and II are more popular but other than them what else is there? Gen V? Gen VI? Gen VIII? Gen III would be the only one that comes close but not close enough.

Either Diamond and Pearl remakes or a new generation (or both at one point or another).

3 minutes ago, By the Water said:

:rip: Sure.

But it is. Because of how big the DS was a lot of people's first Pokémon game was D/P. D/P sold more than R/S despite the fact that the franchise was declining. Also, a lot of people consider HG/SS and Platinum to be the best games of the series. Why do you think there so many meltdowns when US/UM got announced over the fact they were not D/P remakes or a switch game? Of course gens I and II are more popular but other than them what else is there? Gen V? Gen VI? Gen VIII? Gen III would be the only one that comes close but not close enough.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's one of the most loved. X/Y fiercely compete with it for the #4 spot in terms of ranking. Gen 2 is hands down the best, followed by Gen 1, then Gen 3. Gen 4 is essentially a generation with a lot of baby Pokémon and an awfully slow pace throughout all of the games (even the health bars lowered at a miserably slow pace). The region was bland in design and the Pokémon were largely uninteresting. Gen 5 made me appreciate the Pokémon from Gen 4 more, but before that it felt like a step down from Gen 3.

I know this is anecdotal, but I've never met a person that thinks of Gen 4 as one of their favorite generations.

Region inspired by south america